Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Default Getting shafted by eBay assholes

Talking to a friend who sold a driver head on eBay and sent it to the guy and the guy is now asking for a refund because it's not the same head that the buyer wanted to replace. The model of driver had 2 types of head and the buyer had one type and my friend sold the other type. Described it properly, had pictures to show the head and if the buyer had read the listing and looked at the pictures properly, he would have seen it was different. Instead the buyer said my friend was a fraud etc etc and being a real prick about it and that he wanted a refund when he just chose the wrong item. The head wasn't faulty or broken or described incorrectly. The buyer got it wrong. Now eBay have said the buyer is returning the item and when it arrives they will take the money out of his account for the refund. How f&$ked is that!

Has anyone else had this happen to them or have any ideas on what can be done to resolve this or sort this out? Buyer basically bought the wrong thing, was being a complete dick about it and eBay is just going along with it.

F$&k you eBay.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

If this becomes overly acceptable people will start trying the item the day they get it and if they don't like it simply make up a story and send it back. There's plenty of grubs out there that would do it too.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post
    If this becomes overly acceptable people will start trying the item the day they get it and if they don't like it simply make up a story and send it back. There's plenty of grubs out there that would do it too.
    Yep, you're right TNO. Bottom feeders.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Talking to a friend who sold a driver head on eBay and sent it to the guy and the guy is now asking for a refund because it's not the same head that the buyer wanted to replace. The model of driver had 2 types of head and the buyer had one type and my friend sold the other type. Described it properly, had pictures to show the head and if the buyer had read the listing and looked at the pictures properly, he would have seen it was different. Instead the buyer said my friend was a fraud etc etc and being a real prick about it and that he wanted a refund when he just chose the wrong item. The head wasn't faulty or broken or described incorrectly. The buyer got it wrong. Now eBay have said the buyer is returning the item and when it arrives they will take the money out of his account for the refund. How f&$ked is that!

Has anyone else had this happen to them or have any ideas on what can be done to resolve this or sort this out? Buyer basically bought the wrong thing, was being a complete dick about it and eBay is just going along with it.

F$&k you eBay.
    Geez that was a long post, sorry but you lost me when you said a friend?

In all seriousness, that is a shite situation!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
    Geez that was a long post, sorry but you lost me when you said a friend?
    Yeah I've got a habit of writing the odd essay! Were there any weird auto corrects in there too?

Member Monthly medal winner

Thats ebay man, the buyer is protected. I sold a fishing reel to a guy on ebay and after a few days messaged him asking when he was going to pay same excuses card stolen blah blah,then he asked if I could cancel it as he could not afford it. Wake up next day he left me negative feedback and there was nothing I could do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriso View Post
    Thats ebay man, the buyer is protected. I sold a fishing reel to a guy on ebay and after a few days messaged him asking when he was going to pay same excuses card stolen blah blah,then he asked if I could cancel it as he could not afford it. Wake up next day he left me negative feedback and there was nothing I could do about it.
    Pricks that hide behind keyboards Man low life scum out there

Banned

Absolutely amazing! I'm curious what the feedback was? Why did the buyer leave you negative feedback when he's the one who broke the sale contract. EBay is lucky people still sell on there. Not sure I'll be using it unless I absolutely have to.

If anyone knows this peanut

Ken Salisbury

Banksia Beach
    Bribie Island qld

DONT deal with him period!
    If you know him slap him around the head please

We sold an Elmo doll (girlfriends not mine) on ebay and the buyer said it didn't do some movement it was supposed to. We thought it was all fine when we sold it but I offered to refund some of her money which she accepted. I think Gumtree is probably safer overall. (less scammers).

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Get Channel 9 to re-imburse you.

Last month, they were running a how-to show on their lifestyle channel, about getting to use high-end stuff and not having to pay fo it.

p.s. When the head is returned, lodge a counter-claim with ebay, re. extra wear-and tear from the buyer hitting a bucket of range balls with it.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Get Channel 9 to re-imburse you.Last month, they were running a how-to show on their lifestyle channel, about getting to use high-end stuff and not having to pay fo it. p.s. When the head is returned, lodge a counter-claim with ebay, re. extra wear-and tear from the buyer hitting a bucket of range balls with it.
    That sounds like a plan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Get Channel 9 to re-imburse you.

Last month, they were running a how-to show on their lifestyle channel, about getting to use high-end stuff and not having to pay fo it.

p.s. When the head is returned, lodge a counter-claim with ebay, re. extra wear-and tear from the buyer hitting a bucket of range balls with it.
    Thanks Dotty, that's a good idea. I'll let him know.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Talking to a friend who sold a driver head on eBay and sent it to the guy and the guy is now asking for a refund because it's not the same head that the buyer wanted to replace. The model of driver had 2 types of head and the buyer had one type and my friend sold the other type. Described it properly, had pictures to show the head and if the buyer had read the listing and looked at the pictures properly, he would have seen it was different. Instead the buyer said my friend was a fraud etc etc and being a real prick about it and that he wanted a refund when he just chose the wrong item. The head wasn't faulty or broken or described incorrectly. The buyer got it wrong. Now eBay have said the buyer is returning the item and when it arrives they will take the money out of his account for the refund. How f&$ked is that!Has anyone else had this happen to them or have any ideas on what can be done to resolve this or sort this out? Buyer basically bought the wrong thing, was being a complete dick about it and eBay is just going along with it. F$&k you eBay.
    In the terms and conditions how did ebay justify the return

Member Monthly medal winner

Absolutely amazing! I'm curious what the feedback was? Why did the buyer leave you negative feedback when he's the one who broke the sale contract. EBay is lucky people still sell on there. Not sure I'll be using it unless I absolutely have to.
    He wrote 'seller jumps to conclusion' tried to have removed by ebay but they just let me reply to the negative feedback.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    In the terms and conditions how did ebay justify the return
    They couldn't. He even spoke to the the eBay rep couldn't see why a return had been granted when he explained the situation them. Poor process control around claims would be my answer

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Eff EBay
    Taylormade M1 16' 430 10.5* Attas G7s
    Taylormade M1 17' 460 10.5* Rogue 125msi 60s
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9* Rogue 125msi 60x
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Rogue 125msi 70s
    Cobra King LTD AD MT 7s
    Taylormade M2 15* Speeder Pro 73s
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Matrix HD7s
    Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW KBS Tour V X stiff
    Cleveland 588 Rotex 2.0 Raw Wedges 50* 54* 60* KBS Hi Rev
    Callaway MD3 64* PM Grind
    Taylormade Spider Si 35" Slant Neck

Banned

He wrote 'seller jumps to conclusion' tried to have removed by ebay but they just let me reply to the negative feedback.
    That's hopeless too. At least the guy I know got the negative feedback removed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JADO75 View Post
    Eff EBay
    You got that right Jado

They couldn't. He even spoke to the the eBay rep couldn't see why a return had been granted when he explained the situation them. Poor process control around claims would be my answer
    Put in a counter claim,Fk that prix

Quote Originally Posted by D22marshall View Post
    If anyone knows this peanut Ken SalisburyBanksia BeachBribie Island qldDONT deal with him period!If you know him slap him around the head please
    Managing director of X Potential?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Put in a counter claim,Fk that prix
    Yep, I think he will.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Don’t think it’s just eBay centric to be honest. The lack of respect about these days is pretty rampant.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    Don’t think it’s just eBay centric to be honest. The lack of respect about these days is pretty rampant.
    Yep, agree with you there Pete

Thread Information