Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Pro/Staff carry bags

Has anyone had any hands-on experience with pro/staff carry bags that they can share?I’ve got a standard cart staff bag and a lightweight carry bag.I’m looking to get a new Mizuno carry bag, but want it to be a slightly larger bag as it’ll also be my main bag for when I use my Clicgear 3.0.So something slightly larger, sturdier and with a few more pockets.If I can find one, I’m thinking something like this:https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-New-Mizuno-Pro-6-Golf-Stand-Bag-Staff/153197694762?epid=77622490&hash=item23ab4b4f2a:g:w yIAAOSw5jhbrVZaOr this:https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/apparel/bags/mizuno-pro-stand-bag-6/Thanks in advance for anyone who’s in the know. Ta, FJ.
    Last edited by FuzzyJuzzy; 21st November 2018 at 08:06 AM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Staff carry bags are probably fine if someone else is carrying them , I reckon they would be heavier than standard carry bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 driver proforce V2 STaylorMade 2016 M2 3 woodMizuno mp fli-hi 21*Mizuno mp h4 4-pw KBS c-taper lite 105 rTitleist sm4 50, 54* & 58* Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider cs

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

I have three, would not use other type of bag. Lots of room for clubs without getting stuck in individual tubes when trying to get in or out. I use a Rovic buggy and have no problems, my wife has a clicgear with the mod to the top bag support, 9.5 or 10 ich bags are the only way to go for me, weight difference is not noticed.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by olddogmike View Post
    I have three, would not use other type of bag. Lots of room for clubs without getting stuck in individual tubes when trying to get in or out. I use a Rovic buggy and have no problems, my wife has a clicgear with the mod to the top bag support, 9.5 or 10 ich bags are the only way to go for me, weight difference is not noticed.
    Thanks Mike. Which brand/model carry bag/s do you use? From looking around it’s only about a 1kg or 1.5kg difference in weight between a standard carry bag and a larger pro/staff carry bag.I’d really like a Sun Mountain H2NO 14-way bag, but may be a little out of my price range. I do want a Mizuno bag though to match my MP-4s. That Pro one linked above looks pretty tidy.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ KuroKage TiNi Silver 60
    Titleist 917 F2 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75 S
    TaylorMade TP UDI 20* w/ KuroKage 70 S graphite
    Mizuno MP-4 4-PW w/ Project X Rifle 6.0
    SM5 Vokey 50* F Grind & 54* F Grind
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyJuzzy View Post
    Thanks Mike. Which brand/model carry bag/s do you use? From looking around it’s only about a 1kg or 1.5kg difference in weight between a standard carry bag and a larger pro/staff carry bag. I’d really like a Sun Mountain H2NO 14-way bag, but may be a little out of my price range. I do want a Mizuno bag though to match my MP-4s. That Pro one linked above looks pretty tidy.
    I have one of these. It's the perfect compromise between weight, portability, waterproofing etc. so it's the only bag I use. I often carry when playing 9 holes after work, but for 18 I put it on my Clicgear. It doesn't sit great unaided so I bought a Clicgear Bag Cozy which solves the problem. I've also been thinking about getting a new one, but there's nothing wrong with the one I've got.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyJuzzy View Post
    Thanks Mike. Which brand/model carry bag/s do you use? From looking around it’s only about a 1kg or 1.5kg difference in weight between a standard carry bag and a larger pro/staff carry bag.I’d really like a Sun Mountain H2NO 14-way bag, but may be a little out of my price range. I do want a Mizuno bag though to match my MP-4s. That Pro one linked above looks pretty tidy.
    I have Titleist S83. 9.5 inch, a 10 inch Titleist limited release special release bag with signatures on a back pocket, and my 10 inch Lexus bag. My wife have a 10 inch Ping bag, and also a Ogio bag with dividers.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I use a Titleist Staff Carry as my go to cart bag. More than enough room for all my gear without the excessive size of a full sized staff bag.

Too heavy to carry though.

Thread Information