Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Finished the year with a bang. Down to 6.3, losing two shots at the home course in a week.
    Well Played

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

How did you go?
    Between injury and travel, I barely played, so the quality of my play isn't worth assessing.

Did you achieve what you wanted to achieve?
    No. I wanted to play more than 2017, and I probably played less, especially comps.

Did your golf game go backwards or forwards?
    No idea.

Any there any outstanding experiences from the year, that you'd like to share?
    Qld OZgolf Champs weekend, although the actual playing wasn't great, as it was with a moderate amount of pain. Overall, less quantity of playing, and lack of expectations in how I play, meant most of the rounds were enjoyable.

Did you play some great courses?
    Brookwater was great to play again, but I was really disappointed to miss out on playing at Royal Queensland.

---------------

Handicap Started on: 6.1

No. of rounds: 1 Golflink (none in Qld), 4 "Social" rounds for Qld OZgolf Champs and OZgolf Explorer Challenge, the Leon Treadwell Ambrose, plus one nine hole hit. At least that's all I can find in the threads here.

Highest Handicap: 6.1

Lowest Handicap (Anchor): 6.1

Finished on: 6.1. Another year without a change, in fact, no change to it since April 2016.
    ---------------

What are your goals for 2018?
    Like I said last year, I would like to play a little more, but only if my injury allows. I would like to test it out this week.

Got any golfing holidays planned?
    I'm sure I'll do everything I can to go to the Qld Champs. If I happen to travel to Vienna in their summer this year, I should probably try to play golf there for the first time.

Have a particular course lined up to play?
    No.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Had a bit of a naff year myself in terms of scoring, until the very pointy end.Started on 8.3, played 59 comp rounds, and mixed in a sprinkling of on course practice whenever I could sneak it, which wasn’t all that often.Handicap hovered between 8.0 and 9.0 for most of the year and leaked out to its highest (9.1) in late September.Finished with a bang - played Dec 22, 23, 26, 29 and registered 36/34/36/33 points off a 9 hc. Certainly nothing to write home about, but pretty solid and steady in terms of most of my golf over 2018.Finished my 2018 golfing season off in style on Dec 30 with 43pts (off 9) for a 74 off the stick at my home club (Liverpool GC in Sydney), my best round of golf to date (previous best was 75, maybe two years or more ago, and also at Livo). Had 11 pars, three birdies; 19pts/24pts, and 40/34 gross. First time shooting under par for 9 holes - seven pars, two birdies on the back nine. Only had 26 putts, and I even doubled the first hole for good measure. Scored par or better on the final 11 holes. Over my last five rounds of 2018 I moved from 8.0 to 6.8, and my golf is moving in the right direction after a pretty stagnant year. I’ve had a great year equipment-wise - got fitted for and put a G400 Max in the bag in September, and a week later invested in a Bettinardi Queen B8. These clubs have been amazing for me - best driver and putter I’ve ever had the pleasure of bagging. I’ve also played MP-4s for around the last eight months of 2018 and they also are just a damn fine pleasure to play golf with.So, bring on golf season 2019, which starts tomorrow morning at 0740.
    Last edited by FuzzyJuzzy; 31st December 2018 at 08:01 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

How did you go?
    Not good.

Not really apart from breaking 80 for the first time around the National Old in their Seniors event and winning my club's Seniors Championship.

Backwards

Played a round at Pasatiempo with some good mates that I worked with in the USA 20 years ago.

Pasatiempo and the National Old.

---------------

Handicap Started on: 5.4

No. of rounds: 37

Highest Handicap: 6.4

Lowest Handicap (Anchor): 4.0

Finished on: 5.7
    ---------------

What are your goals for 2019 ?

Work to get my game back in order, 18 months ago I was on 2.6

Got any golfing holidays planned ?
    No.

Have a particular course lined up to play ?
    Royal Sydney this week

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

PT, these blokes will flame you for suggesting The Old is a great course.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Having played Pasatiempo and Nash Old last year, I certainly wouldn't put them on the same pedestal.

But that's just me.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

This post is brought to you by John Deere/Caterpillar/whatever other mobs make tractors.

How did you go?
    I would probably class 2018 as my annus horribilis. I got Bella-reamed and am still recovering.

I vaguely recall something about working on my game from 100m in. That didn't really go anywhere.

Backwards.

Vic Champs was quality entertainment as always, even though my horrible performance did impact my enthusiasm a fair deal. My best shot of the year was the one I took on my phone of WBenno holding a XXXX long neck with as much pride as I can remember seeing in anyone's face.

The Dunes and 13th Beach (Beach) were the top 2, with an honourable mention to Flinders.

---------------

Handicap Started on: 9.0

No. of rounds: 16 Golflinked plus the 8-10 social ones here or there

Highest Handicap: 11.3

Lowest Handicap (Anchor): 9.0

Finished on: 11.3 (which is B grade off the tips at Richmond...)
    ---------------

I'll reassess membership issues once renewal time comes up (ie. where I go, whether to opt for a lifestyle type of membership), but other than that, just try and rediscover my enthusiasm.

WA in mid Feb (Week before Vic Champs, which I can't make due to work stuff), and perhaps some sort of NZ trip later in the year to use up some of my long service leave. Might do a Canberra weekend too and visit the lads down there, and Qld is on the radar too.

I'm sifting through Perth and its surrounds, but Links Kennedy Bay and Joondalup Quarry are definitely in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Having played Pasatiempo and Nash Old last year, I certainly wouldn't put them on the same pedestal.

But that's just me.
    I played Pasa a lot when I lived there as one of my mates is a member, it’s one of my favourite courses especially since they got Doak to restore it back to MacKenzie’s original design and secured a permanent water supply.

IMHO the Old is a brutal examination of your game so easy to rack up a big score when playing a medal round.

Fair enough but it makes you think which is a good thing, each to their own.

Can’t say I’m sad that the Ocean course is being re-modelled although a member I know loves it, he’s off +1 there.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

I could play Old every day for a year without any worries at all. I would need a decent supply of balls....

Quote Originally Posted by KJ
    My best shot of the year was the one I took on my phone of WBenno holding a XXXX long neck with as much pride as I can remember seeing in anyone's face.
    That was one sweet king brown. Nothing but the best after becoming 13 Beach's Bitch

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

How did you go?
    Not bad. Starting to get some sort of swing that uses my new hips working. Played a fair bit, got some of Monsta's wood (monday champ) and came 3rd in Vic Champs so that was good! Handicap has steadily improved across the year.

Won C Grade champs at Redland Bay, after sneaking into it just prior to the champs starting. Started solidly and finished awful, just less awful than anyone else.

Still yet to break 80.

Forwards

Vic Champs

Curlewis, Barwon Heads, RQ and Brookwater. Special mention to Swan Island just for a streatch of a few holes.
    ---------------

Handicap Started on: 17.5

No. of rounds: 61 + some not in golflink.

Highest Handicap: 17.5

Lowest Handicap (Anchor):

Finished on: 13.9
    ---------------

Keep reducing the handicap. Contest B Grade champs this year.

No.

No.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Special mention to Swan Island just for a streatch of a few holes.
    I did forget a few things about 2018, and one of them was how amazing that back corner of this course was.

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post

---------------

Handicap
    Started on: 14.2

No. of rounds: according to my GA handicap, I have played about 64 games without counting the Pennant rounds, and social games.

Highest Handicap: 14.2

Lowest Handicap (Anchor): 12.7 (30-Sep-1

Finished on: 13.3 (as at 4-Dec-1
    ---------------
    Well I've managed to played a few more rounds till the last day of the year.... had a few low 30s and handicap went back up to 14.1
    Fortunately my last game was a little better and managed to bring my final hdcp to 13.6

Not great, but still a slight improvement.

Here's to 2019!

Member Club Pro

How did you go?
    Pretty ordinary year for golf played, mainly due to injury

i managed to get my GA cap below 10, a goal i achieved in March

technically went forwards, then backwards to settle just forward if using GA as the measuring stick.
    fought a massive case of toe shanks earlier in the year, was glad to get rid of them

Vic Champs, and being named Captain for the Uncivil War, couldn't get the win but great fun as usual.

Barwon Heads was a ripper, and got to experience Royal Melbourne both courses also

---------------

Handicap Started on: 11.8

No. of rounds: 28

Highest Handicap: 11.8

Lowest Handicap (Anchor): 9.6

Finished on: 11.0
    ---------------

What are your goals for 2019?

Be injury free and play more golf then this year. Continue to get the cap down and play more consistent golf

Got any golfing holidays planned?
    King Island trip next week, cant wait. Vic champs and possibly get a round in at Fiji later in the year.

Have a particular course lined up to play?
    As above, Cape Wickham and Ocean Dunes are the 2 highest on that list.
    Taylormade M2 - Tour AD GT6S
    Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 3 wood - Matrix HD7
    Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 5 wood - Matrix HD7
    Wilson Staff V4 Utility 3 iron - Kuro Kage Hybrid shaft
    Wilson Staff V6 irons 4 - PW - DG S300 AMT
    Wilson Staff PMP Wedges - 52* and 58*
    Odyssey Black Tour Series no 9 putter

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post

King Island trip next week, cant wait.
    Well, well, well.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    This post is brought to you by John Deere/Caterpillar/whatever other mobs make tractors.How did you go?I would probably class 2018 as my annus horribilis. I got Bella-reamed and am still recovering.Did you achieve what you wanted to achieve?I vaguely recall something about working on my game from 100m in. That didn't really go anywhere. Did your golf game go backwards or forwards?Backwards.Any there any outstanding experiences from the year, that you'd like to share?Vic Champs was quality entertainment as always, even though my horrible performance did impact my enthusiasm a fair deal. My best shot of the year was the one I took on my phone of WBenno holding a XXXX long neck with as much pride as I can remember seeing in anyone's face.Did you play some great courses?The Dunes and 13th Beach (Beach) were the top 2, with an honourable mention to Flinders.---------------Handicap Started on: 9.0No. of rounds: 16 Golflinked plus the 8-10 social ones here or thereHighest Handicap: 11.3Lowest Handicap (Anchor): 9.0Finished on: 11.3 (which is B grade off the tips at Richmond...)---------------What are your goals for 2019 ?I'll reassess membership issues once renewal time comes up (ie. where I go, whether to opt for a lifestyle type of membership), but other than that, just try and rediscover my enthusiasm.Got any golfing holidays planned ?WA in mid Feb (Week before Vic Champs, which I can't make due to work stuff), and perhaps some sort of NZ trip later in the year to use up some of my long service leave. Might do a Canberra weekend too and visit the lads down there, and Qld is on the radar too.Have a particular course lined up to play ?I'm sifting through Perth and its surrounds, but Links Kennedy Bay and Joondalup Quarry are definitely in the mix.
    KJ, you’re too good a ball striker to not enjoy this game. See a good coach to get your path a bit less inside out and you’ll have your enthusiasm back. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    KJ, you’re too good a ball striker to not enjoy this game. See a good coach to get your path a bit less inside out and you’ll have your enthusiasm back. 😉
    +1 , speaking from experience I gave the game away because of snap hooks , started again as an old bloke , have got the inside out from 9 deg to inside 2 deg , thanks to a good coach and perseverance , now on a lower cap than when I last played regularly pre snap hooks ( 35 yrs ago )

Thread Information