Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    I got to play with you, that’s a highlight!
    To be fair we really only saw each other on tees and greens

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    To be fair we really only saw each other on tees and greens
    And driving to those tees and greens.....

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

I have 8 rounds left to go this year. Far too early for this type of thread

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Well I didn't meet one of my targets for the year. But thouroughly enjoyed the attempts

Started at about what I am on. Played in a few Manjimup tournaments. Encourged some new members and juniours at the club. So yeh...that is good.

The biggest accomplishment I think is changing my swing in the recent weeks and starting to feel comfortable with it. Big improvements...looking forward to the next few months actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    And driving to those tees and greens.....
    I suppose there’s that

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    I have 8 rounds left to go this year. Far too early for this type of thread
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    This.
    That is a thread for the year, not the decade.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I'll try to follow the same format as last year

How did you go?
    A great year with plenty of golf every week; I think I am now slowly settling in with my choice of equipment; have gone through too many different sets with some success and some failures.
    I am happy with my putting this year with getting a proper lesson with my club pro, and adjusted the putter length to suit my setup. Glade I did stick with the SC Longback, while I am still not the best putter in the world, the number of 3 putts have been decreased.

Did you achieve what you wanted to achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post

---------------
    What are your goals for 2018?
    Get my driver under control, hit my long clubs more consistent... and hopefully get my handicap down to 10
    But at the end, I just want to be able to go out and play, and enjoy the game and company.
    Well, I have to say my driver is mostly under control now. with FIR a little better than last year, distance wise, I am still hitting around the 220m range, happy with that.
    Handicap seems to have stuck at the 13 range. so getting to 10 will be my 2019 goal.
    With settling with the JPX919HM, I am pretty happy with the way I am hitting the ball now, still can be improved in terms of my alignment and distance judgement though.
    Long irons with the JPX is great, I can hit 4 irons better than my hybrids, and now I am experimenting with driving irons.

Did your golf game go backwards or forwards?
    I would say it has gone forward. Even though my handicap may seem to have stuck in the same level ,I think my swing technique is more consistent now compare to last year.
    Putting has been an improvement.
    Wedge play has also improved, but long way to go yet

Any there any outstanding experiences from the year, that you'd like to share?
    played Div 7 Pennant games for the first time, and had a blast playing it
    Met up with the WA OzGolf boys for a weekend at Manjimup. Had a great time too... and Scoring my first ever eagle there.

Did you play some great courses?
    Yeap... all of them... the Pennant games gave me a chance/reason to go play in courses I would not have gone to play at.

---------------

Handicap
    Started on: 14.2

No. of rounds: according to my GA handicap, I have played about 64 games without counting the Pennant rounds, and social games.

Highest Handicap: 14.2

Lowest Handicap (Anchor): 12.7 (30-Sep-1

Finished on: 13.3 (as at 4-Dec-1
    ---------------

What are your goals for 2018?
    Learn how to chip and get more GIR; Get better with my green reading routine as I have missed too many hole-able putts
    Another 10hdcp goal for the year

Got any golfing holidays planned?
    No golf holiday planned

Have a particular course lined up to play?
    None yet

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    That is a thread for the year, not the decade.
    It's relative. WBennett's 8 rounds will be a lower percentage of his total rounds, than one round would be of my total, if I were to play one round.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Just over 2 weeks to go before the end of the year.I’m sitting at 9.8 GA handicap which gives me 12 shots at my home course.I’m going to try to get 6-7 comp rounds before the end of the year. If I can shave 2 full shots from my handicap and get down to 7.8 GA handicap, then I’ll be off 9.4 at my club, making me a single handicapper.Unlikely but not impossible ... that was my goal at the start of the year.
    Last edited by Jono; 15th December 2018 at 01:13 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Presentation dinner Friday night and apart from the previously mentioned wins I also won the most improved trophy with a 34.5 % handicap reduction over the year . Which I have reduced by a further .7
    Well done Ray, your back has obviously relented enough to allow you the freedom to swing, congrats

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    Well done Ray, your back has obviously relented enough to allow you the freedom to swing, congrats
    Thanks , apart from a few “old man “ twinges my back has been behaving it self and seems to have settled down . Just have to remember I am not a kid anymore.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Update,GA is down to 9.7 now after 39 points last week. One more round on Saturday to finish the year.Also after today I am thinking about a membership at Gardeners Run,a bit more of a challenge and lots of reward for a good shot

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Using Courty's tried and true format

How did you go?
    Ok. Didn't get to my goal of a GA in the 4.somethings, but won a few events during the year with a November Medal (and 76 off the stick) and the Club Gross Eclectic. Also did something new and played a heap of local opens. Didn't go any good, but it was fun getting out and playing new events. Highlight was a top 5 nett on the second day of the Yowani Open, with a quad.

No, but I had fun trying.

Backwards a little, but it feels like a corner is being turned at the moment.

Vic Champs 2018 was outstanding. 2019 has a lot to live up to.
    For sure. Highlights were FLC Ha Long Bay and Danang GC in Vietnam, Barwon Heads, Curlewis, and a perfect Autumn day with my best mates at Narooma in May.
    All up 22 courses for the year.

---------------

Handicap
    Started on: 5.1

No. of rounds: 64 golflinked rounds, maybe another 6 non golflinked. I am surprised its that high!

Highest Handicap: 7.9 in September

Lowest Handicap (Anchor): 5.1

Finished on: 7.0 but two non flagged rounds to go
    ---------------

What are your goals for 2019? Make B Handicap pennant team

Got any golfing holidays planned? Vic/Tassie Champs in Feb, a coast trip in May.

Have a particular course lined up to play? Nothing at this stage, Barney and Lost Farm is enough to look forward to!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

How did you go?
    Another year passes, I'm still maintaining the same handicap so that's a positive. First year as a director of the golf club, a good vibe around the club, course is in super nick.

No goals apart from enjoying my golf which I did

Same

Went to the Friday and Sunday of the Ryder Cup and played some great courses around Paris.
    Morfontaine, Chantilly, St Germain, Saint Nom, St Cloud, Fountainbleau, Fancourt Links

---------------

Handicap
    Started on: 7.5

No. of rounds: 64 golflinked rounds

Highest Handicap: 8.2

Lowest Handicap: 6.1

Finished on: 7.2
    ---------------

What are your goals for 2019? None

Got any golfing holidays planned? Plenty, a few domestic (weekend at Victoria, Bonville, Mornington) and then a big trip to the east coast of the US, will play 4 of the global top 10 including my absolute favourite NGLA.

Have a particular course lined up to play? See above, also looking forward to playing Winged Foot and back to Aronimink.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post

How did you go?
    Another year passes, I'm still maintaining the same handicap so that's a positive. First year as a director of the golf club, a good vibe around the club, course is in super nick.

No goals apart from enjoying my golf which I did

Same

Went to the Friday and Sunday of the Ryder Cup and played some great courses around Paris.
    Morfontaine, Chantilly, St Germain, Saint Nom, St Cloud, Fountainbleau, Fancourt Links

---------------

Handicap
    Started on: 7.5

No. of rounds: 64 golflinked rounds

Lowest Handicap: 6.1

Finished on: 7.2
    ---------------

What are your goals for 2019? None

Got any golfing holidays planned? Plenty, a few domestic (weekend at Victoria, Bonville, Mornington) and then a big trip to the east coast of the US, will play 4 of the global top 10 including my absolute favourite NGLA.

Have a particular course lined up to play? See above, also looking forward to playing Winged Foot and back to Aronimink.
    Trip sounds awesome. Are Winged Foot and NGLA in the top 10? The other 2 come from Shinnecock, Pine Valley, Augusta, Merion, and Oakmont?

East Coast USA really stacks up when you look at it like that - never really thought about it before in that way.

benno_r, the list below included Shinnecock, PV, NGLA and Oakmont in the top 10...............there will be no Augusta, my mate is connected but not to that level.

https://www.top100golfcourses.com/to...s-of-the-world

- not sure if this is the definitive list or if some other publication has the mantle

benno_r, the list below included Shinnecock, PV, NGLA and Oakmont in the top 10...............there will be no Augusta, my mate is connected but not to that level.

- not sure if this is the definitive list or if some other publication has the mantle
    Super jealous, that is awesome mate. I couldn't work out which list to use, but will be an amazing trip.

NGLA and PV are my top 2 on the USA wish list (in that order).

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

My last round for the year is in, so here is the report card.

How did you go?

Ok. Not a great year on the course, but not bad either. I won a comp, which doesn't happen every year, and I finally completed the set of birdies with a birdie on our number 1 index hole.

Not really. I lost a bit of enthusiasm this year. I kept finding excuses not to play.

The handicap says I went forward a little, but that is misleading. All my low flag rounds are about to drop off. If I had played more often in the last four months the cap would probably be higher. About the same is still not bad, though.

Nothing using my clubs, but I did tick off a bucket list item by attending a US Tour event, namely the Northern Trust. It was awesome. All golf nerds like us should do it at least once.

The sad truth is that I didn't play any other course except Ballina. I need to attend an Ozgolf Champs somewhere, but sadly, I'm not sure that will happen in 2019 either.

---------------

Handicap
    Started on: 7.2

No. of rounds: 27 - not nearly enough.

Highest Handicap: 7.4 in February

Lowest Handicap (Anchor): 5.4

Finished on: 5.5
    ---------------

What are your goals for 2019? The usual - keep wanting to play golf and to enjoy it.

Technically no. But I have caught the travel bug, and this time I'll be going to the BMW British Masters at Wentworth next September, so that is certainly golf related.

Nothing at this stage. But in Spain I'll be staying at a hotel that overlooks a golf course at Torrequebrada on the Costa Del Sol. So if they have a special deal, I might play it, even though it doesn't look to be anything special.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

How did you go?
    I went for quantity over quality in 2018, with more comp rounds than in any other year (72 in Golflink). A pretty good effort considering I went OS for 5 weeks in prime golfing season.

Quote Originally Posted by From last years goals
    Same as before, just be more consistent. If I had to pick something more specific, it'd be to qualify for the Club Champs Matchplay (Top 16 gross).

The jury is out on the consistency bit, but I did qualify for the Club Champs Matchplay.

Using GL as a yardstick, you'd have to say slightly backwards. Despite that, I feel a little more positive about my game now than I did earlier in the year.

- Attending VIC & QLD Champs is always a blast. I finally won a Champs day and an Uncivil War match!
    - My best single round was an even par 43pts on a tough day which sat in my GL as a played to +2
    - The other really cool bit was playing a round in Scotland (on a 'Royal', no less!)

As above, Royal Dornoch was a treat. I really enjoyed Barwon Heads & Royal Queensland also.
    ---------------

Handicap
    Started on: 5.9

No. of rounds: 72 in GL (doesn't include 4BBB, 2-ball Ambrose, Foursomes etc etc).

Lowest Handicap (Anchor): 3.6

Finished on: Likely to be 6.8
    ---------------

What are your goals for 2019?
    Same as for 2018 (qualify for Club Champs Matchplay).

VIC/ TAS Champs is the only golf-specific trip at this stage. I'll play a round in Brisbane & Melbourne in June, and maybe in NZ in May.

Outside of those mentioned above, no.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Blog Entries

I played 19 golflinked rounds of golf this year. I think that was the combined total for the previous two years before that. So that’s a win.

Still a chopper, but remembering how to play a bit too.

Aiming for 26 rounds next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Quote Originally Posted by timah! View Post
    Aiming for 26 rounds next year.
    Yeah boi! Come visit me for 2 weeks, you'll be halfway there.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Slightly jealous. Like Benno NGLA and PV are on the wish list (add in Cypress Point and Wolf Creek).

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Using Courty's tried and true formatHow did you go?Ok. Didn't get to my goal of a GA in the 4.somethings, but won a few events during the year with a November Medal (and 76 off the stick) and the Club Gross Eclectic. Also did something new and played a heap of local opens. Didn't go any good, but it was fun getting out and playing new events. Highlight was a top 5 nett on the second day of the Yowani Open, with a quad. Did you achieve what you wanted to achieve?No, but I had fun trying. Did your golf game go backwards or forwards?Backwards a little, but it feels like a corner is being turned at the moment. Any there any outstanding experiences from the year, that you'd like to share?Vic Champs 2018 was outstanding. 2019 has a lot to live up to.Did you play some great courses?For sure. Highlights were FLC Ha Long Bay and Danang GC in Vietnam, Barwon Heads, Curlewis, and a perfect Autumn day with my best mates at Narooma in May.All up 22 courses for the year.---------------HandicapStarted on: 5.1No. of rounds: 64 golflinked rounds, maybe another 6 non golflinked. I am surprised its that high!Highest Handicap: 7.9 in SeptemberLowest Handicap (Anchor): 5.1Finished on: 7.0 but two non flagged rounds to go---------------What are your goals for 2019? Make B Handicap pennant teamGot any golfing holidays planned? Vic/Tassie Champs in Feb, a coast trip in May.Have a particular course lined up to play? Nothing at this stage, Barney and Lost Farm is enough to look forward to!
    Finished the year with a bang. Down to 6.3, losing two shots at the home course in a week.

Chopperlink

WITB

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

How did you go?
    Good year getting back into golf where I played 26 more rounds than last year and crossed off a few bucket list courses. Loving playing the game again which is the main thing.

Goal was to join a club and get a handicap again after a 15 year absence. This was achieved and I have enjoyed playing in comps again. I also had a round of golf with my dad which is always special given the distance between us and his age.
    Forwards, took lessons to improve my swing, practices lots and played more.

- Shot 32 (-4) on the front 9 at Banff Springs and finished on +1
    - Had 5 birdies in 1 round, 3 in a row, in a comp and played to +1
    - Drove 4 hours to Jasper Park for a round only for it to be snowed out
    - Playing TPC Sawgrass - it was so hard but amazing to play

Banff Springs,
    TPC Sawgrass, Chateau Whistler and really enjoyed Newcastle
    ---------------
    Handicap
    Started on: didn't have one but played socially between 12-16 over with a mulligan or 2

No. of rounds: 11 in GL (excluding 1 Foursomes round).

Highest Handicap: 6.5

Lowest Handicap (Anchor): 3.8

Finished on: 3.9
    ---------------

What are your goals for 2019?
    Beat my PB handicap of 3.4, really bake in my swing changes then see how low I can go.

No but need to get interstate to play as I've only really played Australian golf in NSW + 2 QLD courses (Royal Pines & Palmer Coolum). VIC sandbelt and TAS are an obvious draw.

Not yet.

Thread Information