Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
    Irish drop rule? Is this legit?
    It’s up to the club to bring it in, I think for the weekly club comps it’s a no brainer.

Any club champs or open I don’t think it’s a good idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Cabramatta is too hard for me but with my course closed today for renovations and Liverpool used for Aus Open qualifying I gave it a try for the first time in ages. Tripled the first with my new purchase (an old TM r7 3 wood) being swung for the 1st time the culprit. Actually it was a crap swing after no warm up.
    I actually played really well after that except for 2 doubles. I had an eagle and 2 birdies for a 7 over=39 points. There were 3 in my group. The other 2 were brothers aged 8 and 9. The 9yo was same handicap as me . On the plus side, I felt like a bomber

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Saturday - Gungahlin Lakes - 13/20 for 33, and a NTP on the 3rd at 12 metres.
    Sunday - RMC Open - hit the ball really well off the tee, but my irons were woeful. Nett 84/77 doesn't sound too bad - except its a par 68.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Just got home on Friday night from a very short trip to St Andrews. Managed to play a bit of golf which was great, will try and recall as best as I can but I played the half set for the entire week.

Friday- Old Course- 79 (42/37) Its always a highlight playing this place, this time of year its not as busy as summer so it was quite easy getting on as a single. Played with a couple and another single and they were great fun. I played fairly well in cold and windy conditions, blowing 35-40 km/h straight downwind on the way out and straight into on the way back. Highlight was the par on 17 but coming home in 37 in that wind was probably the best I've ever played over there.

Saturday- Jubliee Course- 79 (38/41) Was off as a single in much more benign conditions and was met on the first tee by a young US student from the local uni. We played what I thought was a relaxed pace following a few other 2-balls but finished in around 3 hrs. I like the Jubilee, it is more 'dunesy' than the other courses and probably tougher in the wind.

Sunday- I didnt play golf due to Remembrance day celebrations but I did get an invite into the R&A for a few pints. Had a bit of a tour and it was a surreal feeling sitting there in the big room looking out over the Old Course. Definitely a highlight of the trip for me. Finished up with a burger and a few more pints in the St Andrews Club which sits alongside the 18th green.

Monday Morning- New Course- 74 (37/37) Played with a Professor of Humanitarian Engineering and a Japanese guy who works in finance in London. The New is probably my favourite course to play in town, between it and the Eden I've had my best scores there. Didnt pull the driver out at all and just bunted my way around. No birdies, no doubles and a fairly uneventful round. I think by this time I'd gotten used to the greens and the win and it kind of came together in this round.

Monday Arvo- Jubilee Course- Carried on with my new mate the Professor, didnt carry a scorecard for this but it was a great round of golf. As it gets dark quite early (about 3:30) we raced the daylight and got in before it got too dark.

Tuesday- Balgove- After breakfast I went down to see if I could get a game on the Eden or the Strathtyrum but they were both full. Seeing as we were driving down to Blackpool that afternoon I jumped on the Balgove, a 9 hole short course normally for the elderly and the beginners. I managed to do 4 loops around it before my mate picked me up. So much fun after a few days on the bigger courses and after playing it 2-3 times I was trying different shots and ways to play to the holes. Only cost 8 pounds and I highly recommend it if you've got some time to kill in town. I think 18 holes took me less than 90 minutes.

Wednesday- Fleetwood Golf Club- 77 (37/40) What a quirky little course, right on the coast at Blackpool it was blowing a gale and freezing cold. Caught up with an old Army buddy from the UK the night before and we played together as a two-ball. Managed to make 3 birdies on the day offset with a couple of doubles. The wind made it really interesting, 9th is 520 odd yard par 5 into the wind and I needed 3w-3w-7i to get to the green whereas the 10th runs parallel the opposite direction and I hit 3w-3hy to the front edge. Heaps of fun and not overly tough, I suspect in the summer when its firm it would be much tougher. A couple of cool par 3's, 85y, 110y, 230y and the 18th is a cool, driveable par 4.

Given the travel was almost 90 hours it was a long way to go to play golf but it was definitely worth it. The whole point of the trip was a charity dinner on the Saturday night to raise money for a charity that's very close to my heart, www.standrewslegacy.com

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Went to a clinic last Thursday, and was hoping to work on my alignment issue since I have been playing sort of decent previously, but just need to get my aim right...
    Came out of it with a changed swing (bad mistake)

Played 9 hole comp on Friday; Struggled to hit the balls right but still managed to squeeze 16 points out of it with 1 blown hole.

Saturday and Sunday playing the Kwinana Comp was bad/terrible.... Driving was good, but can't hit my driving irons at all; Putting was decent but my irons seems to keep getting me in trouble with the trees. Getting to the steep hills on the back 9 would just destroy me; hurting my back didnt help my game on the 2nd day either...

pretty miserable weekend of golfs to be honest.

Mid 90s Gross for both days

Member Club Pro

Default WDYSTM - November 2018

2nd round back after a 5 month lay off

1st round of Club champs and after some persuasion from some lippy individuals I decided to go have a hit

Went out with 42, birdied 8 and flubbed a chip on 9 that cost me a double

Came home in 40, with a birdie on 15, lipped out a birdie putt on 17 and what I thought was a round destroyer drive on 18 that made me re load. managed to find the ball and finish with a 5

42/40 for 82/70 and sitting 3 shots off the lead in B grade going into round 2 this week
    Last edited by Slug; 19th November 2018 at 05:36 PM.
    Taylormade M2 - Tour AD GT6S
    Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 3 wood - Matrix HD7
    Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 5 wood - Matrix HD7
    Wilson Staff V4 Utility 3 iron - Kuro Kage Hybrid shaft
    Wilson Staff V6 irons 4 - PW - DG S300 AMT
    Wilson Staff PMP Wedges - 52* and 58*
    Odyssey Black Tour Series no 9 putter

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    2nd round back after a 5 month lay off

1st round of Club champs and after some persuasion from some lippy individuals I decided to go have a hit

Went out with 42, birdied 8 and flubbed a chip on 9 that cost me a double

Came home in 40, with a birdie on 15, lipped out a birdie putt on 17 and what I thought was a round destroyer drive on 18 that made me re load. managed to find the ball and finish with a 5

42/40 for 82/70 and sitting 3 shots off the lead in B grade going into round 2 this week
    Well done mate. Chase the leader down over the next few!

Member Club Pro

Default WDYSTM - November 2018

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Well done mate. Chase the leader down over the next few!
    Cheers mate

Will do my best

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Gees Slug, the lippy individuals were just doing their best to get you out there 😆

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Gees Slug, the lippy individuals were just doing their best to get you out there
    They’re waiting for the round 2 or 3 crash

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Gees Slug, the lippy individuals were just doing their best to get you out there
    Should of been one individual

He knows who he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    They’re waiting for the round 2 or 3 crash
    Inevitable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Missed a 2ft putt for par on 15 to go bogey free. Oh well.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Well done M3J!

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Blog Entries

A return to form, well done!
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

A moderately disappointing 35 points for me today. I'm a bit down on the score because I played really well in patches, and thought I deserved better. But everybody says that after their round.

The greens will be getting a badly needed renovation next week, so that will be my last round for a while.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Flusha

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    Flusha
    Hardly....

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Blew a gale today. 8 over thru 5 holes at Massey Park and still managed to shoot 8 over for 36 pts. Stoked with how I managed 22 points on the back 9 in the wind.

39 pts at beaconhills, 19/20 ,4 over par 75 , birdied the 1 st and 18 th , very pleased with today’s effort , haven’t been playing much , had a lesson on Tuesday , am trying to eliminate a reverse pivot in my swing so wasn’t expecting much .

Wasn’t expecting much again today , didn’t get much ,par comp -3 (-2,-1) had six minuses 4 of them from poor putting 2 from bad tee shots . Still working on getting rid of the reverse pivot

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Haven't check in here for a while as the form has been terrible and I didn't feel like talking about it. I somewhat turned a corner in the last few rounds, showing some scoring potential again. Today was 37pts even with a wipe on Index 18 and 3 x 1s. 3 x Kakaaa's helped remedy that.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

PAR comp today with Olinda GC.Small field of 13 battled the rain and wind,with only one + score recorded for the day,by me.
    Opened with a couple of halves and wasn't really feeling it,then a NTP on 21 which led to three wins on the trot and I suddenly felt good.Struck the ball well all day,my short game has come along nicely since putting more practice time into that that my long irons,and I am putting with a lot of confidence with a new set up and better distance control.

Finished +2 for the day(+2,0)

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Thread Information