Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default Fight Club - the thread for all things fighting

First rule of Fight Club... only talk about things combat sport related

Recap from the weekends card, how good was it? Overeem the can, can't stay focused long enough to see out the round that he was well a head on.. lol. This has certainly raised Travis Browne's credentials. Who is next for him Werdum?

Michael McDonald and Brad Pickett fight was also a great fight, Pickett has some heart! Good job my McDonald showing the maturity to slow the pace and finish him off next round.

Connor McGregor also another flashy start, shame about the injury.

Didn't watch Faber, the only fight of his I have enjoyed was against Aldo.

Looking forward to the next Fight Night card, Robert Whittaker Vs. Court Macgee should be a cracker. Not an easy fight for Whittaker.

Also...

John Wayne Parr Muay Thai superstar is currently over at Tristar (Montreal) training with GSP. Apparently invited over after failing to qualify for the next Australian Ultimate fighter season (link).

Interesting tactic by GSP, I understand he would want to keep some distance between himself and Hendricks to avoid that straight left, but constant kicking may a caught kick and a straight counter or at least see him on his back for sometime.

who are you liking for this fight?

Hard to look past GSP he is a proven winner. i would like to see him lose though. take some of that "legacy" pressure off and watch him open up and start finishing fights again.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by IamViva View Post
    First rule of Fight Club... only talk about things combat sport related

Recap from the weekends card, how good was it? Overeem the can, can't stay focused long enough to see out the round that he was well a head on.. lol. This has certainly raised Travis Browne's credentials. Who is next for him Werdum?

Michael McDonald and Brad Pickett fight was also a great fight, Pickett has some heart! Good job my McDonald showing the maturity to slow the pace and finish him off next round.

Connor McGregor also another flashy start, shame about the injury.

Didn't watch Faber, the only fight of his I have enjoyed was against Aldo.

Looking forward to the next Fight Night card, Robert Whittaker Vs. Court Macgee should be a cracker. Not an easy fight for Whittaker.
    Overeem is not a can. He had the fight won and let himself get caught. Twice in a row now. Browne is good. I actually tipped him in my tipping comp.

Mike Mac is awesome. So is Pickett. Great fight.

McGregor is super exciting.

I think Whittaker will be too fast for McGee.

Also...

John Wayne Parr Muay Thai superstar is currently over at Tristar (Montreal) training with GSP. Apparently invited over after failing to qualify for the next Australian Ultimate fighter season (link).

Interesting tactic by GSP, I understand he would want to keep some distance between himself and Hendricks to avoid that straight left, but constant kicking may a caught kick and a straight counter or at least see him on his back for sometime.

Hard to look past GSP he is a proven winner. i would like to see him lose though. take some of that "legacy" pressure off and watch him open up and start finishing fights again.
    GSP takes it. If Hendricks doesn't catch him in the first 45 seconds with the big left, it will be vintage GSP. Totally agree about him finishing fights, but he still dominates like no other. Hardly ever loses a round.

Senior Member Major Winner

Awwww where is the Lubes v Yoss Jello wrestling g-string match!?!?
    I'm back.

Blog Entries

I saw the title and thought Scottt was posting again.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Also...

Huge shame. Would've loved to see him on The Ultimate Fighter. Speaking of The Ultimate Fighter i saw a promo for the new season. Looks interesting.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

What a busy week next week is, two awesome Cards in 1 week.

Whittaker is alittle disrepectful with that stupid keeping the hand down crap in his last fight, even though he won try that again a season opponent and it will be lights out real quick. See what happened to Silva when he dropped his hands. I think court McGee at welterweight will be to much for him to handle. Also good to see Benny Alloway on the card as well.

I think Mcdonald will get Barao on the next one, pickett didn't fight bad but just couldn't answer what Mcdonald put out there. I would like Mcdonald to fight Faber next. I think Cruz should also be stripped of the belt you can't go on that long with an injury.

I am also looking forward to watching Kevin Gastelum at welterweight. He was the last pick on the TUF and ended up wining it and at welterweight he should be handful.

GSP v Hendrick as much as I like GSP and I can't bet against him I think he will get out wrestled it won't be a knockout but he will get beaten by a better wrestler. I hope not cause I want to see UFC sign up Ben Askren and let him fight GSP.

I am hoping Pettis gets Henderson.
    Dodging bullets since 2003

WITB

The hands down tactic wasn't disrespectful, it was to help avoid takedowns, which is the only thing that Colton has. It was a very smart tactic, that worked brilliantly.

If McGee can get a hold and dirty box, the fight is his.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    The hands down tactic wasn't disrespectful, it was to help avoid takedowns, which is the only thing that Colton has. It was a very smart tactic, that worked brilliantly.

If McGee can get a hold and dirty box, the fight is his.
    It didn't help Silva to put his hands down. It might have been a tactic that if he got tagged it would have been lights out. I still think Mcgee might get it, unless Whitaker can get in/ get out quick, Maybe the Tristar advantage might help him.

WITB

Quote Originally Posted by Tomson View Post
    It didn't help Silva to put his hands down. It might have been a tactic that if he got tagged it would have been lights out. I still think Mcgee might get it, unless Whitaker can get in/ get out quick, Maybe the Tristar advantage might help him.
    He won't use the same tactic against McGee. He could do it again Colt because he has zero stand up ability. Against McGee, he'll get ko'd if he keeps them low.Silva has used the hands down tactic for a long time. He just got way too.cocky and should not have tried it against someone who actually had a.stand up game.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Overeem is a different fighter when not on the juice, certainly has a glass jaw.
    Taylormade M1 16' 430 10.5* Attas G7s
    Taylormade M1 17' 460 10.5* Rogue 125msi 60s
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9* Rogue 125msi 60x
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Rogue 125msi 70s
    Cobra King LTD AD MT 7s
    Taylormade M2 15* Speeder Pro 73s
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Matrix HD7s
    Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW KBS Tour V X stiff
    Cleveland 588 Rotex 2.0 Raw Wedges 50* 54* 60* KBS Hi Rev
    Callaway MD3 64* PM Grind
    Taylormade Spider Si 35" Slant Neck

Quote Originally Posted by JADO75 View Post
    Overeem is a different fighter when not on the juice, certainly has a glass jaw.
    I think the glass jaw has come about the same way Liddell's did. Accumulation of punches over the years. Some of his Pride wars were brutal, particularly with Shogun. The thing with heavyweights is that they hit so hard, pretty much anyone is going out with a solid shot, Big Country excluded.

ok, overeem may not be a can, he is overrated though. brownes win was more about how big his heart was than how shit overeem is

whittaker's hands down was to entice colton to strike and utilize his speed to counter imo. agreed if he does it against mcgee he will have his ass handed to him. loving this fight though, two of my favourite tuf contestants, i think mcgee takes the fight off experience and size. being the aussie though im rooting for whittaker, he will have his hands full though.

silva got caught, plain and simple. he was flat footed and ran out of room to slip the punches. praising weidmans stand up is a bit much, he wasnt scared to come forward and thats what earned him the knockout. weidmans ass will get handed to him in december, it will be silva vs. leben 2. for the record i am not a silva fan...

next week will be huge... also looking forward to see soa palelei vs nikita krylov. Wonder if soa will freeze like he did against sanchez and i've also heard a lot of hype behind krylov, curious if he is just another "M-1" fighter...

also looking forward to dylan andrews vs papy abedi, brad tavares vs bubba "pea heart" mcdaniels, gastelum at 170(will be a beast), cerrone vs dos anjos, mir vs barnett, varner vs tibau.... SOOOOO many good fights on paper hopefully they all deliver!!!

silva got caught, plain and simple. he was flat footed and ran out of room to slip the punches. praising weidmans stand up is a bit much, he wasnt scared to come forward and thats what earned him the knockout. weidmans ass will get handed to him in december, it will be silva vs. leben 2. for the record i am not a silva fan...
    I will respectfully disagree.

WITB

I will respectfully disagree.
    with which part? all of it? wanna have a friendly punt on it? box of pills?

with which part? all of it? wanna have a friendly punt on it? box of pills?
    I believe Weidman will wrestle f*&k him. I am already 300 into it so why not a box of pills as well

WITB

I believe Weidman will wrestle f*&k him. I am already 300 into it so why not a box of pills as well
    seeing as i am not an andy fan anyway, a lose maybe the final straw for me

premium pills? what is your ball of choice?

seeing as i am not an andy fan anyway, a lose maybe the final straw for me

premium pills? what is your ball of choice?
    How about a $50 bcf voucher? Golf is over rated anyway.

WITB

How about a $50 bcf voucher? Golf is over rated anyway.
    i don't bcf. but if you win, i am good for it

If you guys enjoy TUF, check out Bellator Fight Master. Highly entertaining and in a lot of ways, better than TUF. Although, Greg Jackson is annoying as **** .

Tyson is on ABC iview. Some great scenes...

At a weigh in after his jail time some guy in the crowd yells out something about a straighjacket.
    "I'm gonna **** you in the **** you faggot". ?????
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Oh yeah, and then there's the poetry...

and his feelings toward women..

Unbelievable.
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

his feelings towards robin givens and her mother would be something special... like a hallmark moment.
    i really loved his thought process in the stare downs. once they broke eye contact with him, he felt invincible.

i don't bcf. but if you win, i am good for it
    Do you do Dan Murphy?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    If you guys enjoy TUF, check out Bellator Fight Master. Highly entertaining and in a lot of ways, better than TUF. Although, Greg Jackson is annoying as **** .
    Couldn't agree more, I am not a fan of Greg Jackson, Winklejohn on the otherhand is complete opposite.

WITB

Do you do Dan Murphy? Couldn't agree more, I am not a fan of Greg Jackson, Winklejohn on the otherhand is complete opposite.
    Winklejohn is a champion. During fights, I want to strangle Jackson with the way he tries to influence the judges.

Thread Information