Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default 2019 - The VIC Champs are being held WHERE!?!?! February 21-25, 2019

From 2018 Champs intro thread:

"The 2018 Victorian Championships will be held on the Bellarine Peninsula, and couldn't be more linksy if we tried! How do you feel about that Lefty? "

Well, apparently we can. For ****s sake.

Our 2019 edition will be held in the always sunny Apple Isle!!!

Still a few little details to be shored up, but felt I should get the post out there as soon as possible to allow for booking of flights etc.

Ozgolf VIC Champs 2019 Course Itinerary

Thursday 21st February
    Kingston Beach Golf Club - Home of the one and only SMS316!
    No limit to spots
    Shotgun start 3PM
    $30.00 Green Fee + $12.00 Prize Fee
    Entrance fee includes an after-round Burger at KBGC.

Friday 22nd February
    Royal Hobart Golf Club
    40 Booked
    1 tee start from 12.30PM
    $70 Green Fee + $12.00 Prize Fee
    No Carts (pull buggies available)
    Catering TBA

Saturday 23rd February
    Lost Farm
    28 Booked
    1 tee start from 12.20PM
    $108.00 Green Fee + $12.00 Prize Fee
    Walk only. Carts can only be booked with medical certificate.

Sunday 24th February
    Barnbougle Dunes
    28 Booked
    1 tee start from 7.30AM
    $108.00 Green Fee + $12.00 Prize Fee
    Walk only. Carts can only be booked with medical certificate.

Monday 25th February
    Launceston Golf Club
    20 Booked
    2 Tee start from 7.30AM
    $45 Green Fee + $15 lunch + $12.00 Prize Fee
    $5 Pull cart

Come one, come all to the biggest VIC Champs yet!

BSB: 303-092
    Acc no. 4959945
    Acc Name: Nicholas D Hoggan

Last edited by LeftyHoges; 13th February 2019 at 11:30 AM.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Ron Burgundy in a playoff!!!!!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Is that the second naga to champ on the Vic Champs History
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Well done RB.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Ron Burgundy in a playoff!!!!!!
    Well done RB must have been the legacy's

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Wow. I guess having the Naga Gnome is inspirational!

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Well done RB, gardening leave has served you well

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasto23 View Post
    Second in three years

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

They say you have to lose a grand final to win one.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Well done Ron, I can only assume there was no late night stops on the way back to the accomodation ?

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

A few penguins and some sheep, no spearmint Rhinos.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Well done Ron, I can only assume there was no late night stops on the way back to the accomodation ?
    I was up for it but not a lot of options in down this way. Although the Bridport Inn was unbelievably loose. When Toddy is the sensible one you know things are out of hand.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

I have a feeling it has been tamer than usual
    That’s subjective

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

This place is awesome

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    That’s subjective
    If there are no photos it did not happen

Too drunk and too fun to post photos. Congrats Ron. WB you’re still a shit bloke. #data #linksy

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Exactly!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Second in three years
    Hat trick* (if we count Nemo being holder the NSW Champs naga, when he teed up at 13th Beach).

Congratulations Ron.
    Last edited by Dotty; 25th February 2019 at 10:01 AM.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Howdy Oz Golfers. I just thought I'd send a quick note and thank you. Appreciate the invitation to play at RH last Friday, even if I did get stiffed. You know when you play to your handicap for the first time in 6 months, score 37 points, come 3rd in the event and still never look like winning your match play - that something dodgy is going on!! I reckon Pete the pilot organised that.

A few other things of note:
    - to the Queenslanders - no you cannot take our greens back with you. It serves you right for living in a climate that cannot take cool climate grasses
    - Jono - I think you need to work on your smash factor mate and dont be frightened to get both feet off the ground when hitting driver
    - On behalf of the club, thanks for choosing us to host the most significant even on the OZ golf calendar. Hopefully you all enjoyed the game and appreciated that we are part way through a process of improving our course. You have seen the results of the first stage which is significant widening of the playing corridors. When we started 5 years ago our fairways were 18m wide and the playing corridors were down to 30m in many places thanks to ill advised tree plantings form the 80's / 90's. We have taken out 300 blackwoods and over 350 radiata pines in the past 3 years.
    - Our next step is to implement the MP from Richard Chamberlain. Richard was selected because his plan was to work with the existing routing and vibe of the course whilst significantly improving the strategy. I'd like to say he's also a good bloke but you guys know better.

I look forward to hosting you guys again in 5-6 years time when we have hopefully completed the works.

Any feedback on your experiences at the club are greatly appreciated and will be passed on to the GM (pro shop, staff, course, conditioning, food and beverage etc).

Finally it looks like you had a couple of nice days at Barnbougle - that place is magic and I suspect most of you will return there at the very least.

cheers,
    Brummer

for demonstration purposes, here is a before and after shot from the 11th tee at RHGC

Last edited by Brummer; 25th February 2019 at 09:04 AM. Reason: only one photo posted

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

😳

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Brummer View Post
    Howdy Oz Golfers. I just thought I'd send a quick note and thank you. Appreciate the invitation to play at RH last Friday, even if I did get stiffed. You know when you play to your handicap for the first time in 6 months, score 37 points, come 3rd in the event and still never look like winning your match play - that something dodgy is going on!! I reckon Pete the pilot organised that.

A few other things of note:
    - to the Queenslanders - no you cannot take our greens back with you. It serves you right for living in a climate that cannot take cool climate grasses
    - Jono - I think you need to work on your smash factor mate and dont be frightened to get both feet off the ground when hitting driver
    - On behalf of the club, thanks for choosing us to host the most significant even on the OZ golf calendar. Hopefully you all enjoyed the game and appreciated that we are part way through a process of improving our course. You have seen the results of the first stage which is significant widening of the playing corridors. When we started 5 years ago our fairways were 18m wide and the playing corridors were down to 30m in many places thanks to ill advised tree plantings form the 80's / 90's. We have taken out 300 blackwoods and over 350 radiata pines in the past 3 years.
    - Our next step is to implement the MP from Richard Chamberlain. Richard was selected because his plan was to work with the existing routing and vibe of the course whilst significantly improving the strategy. I'd like to say he's also a good bloke but you guys know better.

I look forward to hosting you guys again in 5-6 years time when we have hopefully completed the works.

Any feedback on your experiences at the club are greatly appreciated and will be passed on to the GM (pro shop, staff, course, conditioning, food and beverage etc).

Finally it looks like you had a couple of nice days at Barnbougle - that place is magic and I suspect most of you will return there at the very least.

cheers,
    Brummer
    Welcome aboard, Brummer.

Thanks very much for the guided tour on Friday. Sorry about beating you on your home course. You were very unlucky to catch me on one of my (infrequent) better days away from my home course. I very much enjoyed your company and the course and would encourage you to join in any future OZgolf events.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Default 2019 - The VIC Champs are being held WHERE!?!?! February 21-25, 2019

As I board the next flight on my journey home I wanted to say another massive thank you to everyone that came this year.

To Lefty and all his helpers that pulled this event together, you’re all superstars and I am certainly thankful for everything you do.

I think we can all agree that the decision to venture down to Tassie for a year was a raging success. The quality of the weather for the entire trip, the outstanding quality of the courses we played and the exceptional group dynamics were second to none.

Congratulations to all of the daily winners and of course the one and only Rob Burgundy who came home with a wet sail to pip Grumpy at the post (and in the process sort my deposit for the 2020 Vic Champs- cheers Ron).

Massive thanks to all my drinking buddies. We had another wonderful showing from a large assortment of characters and it definitely made the trip as memorable as possible.

Thanks to Courty for driving me and Lefty around most of the week. It’s always very much appreciated.

Thanks to everyone one I played with and apologies for some of the substandard play.

If you’ve never been to a Vic Champs I highly recommend you put it on your list. By all reports 2020 will be a doozy so lock it in Eddie and just come. You won’t regret it!!

Until next time thanks everyone.

Last edited by BUSHY; 25th February 2019 at 04:14 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

This was my first full ozgolf champs.Have played a Sunday round and an UCW prior to this.I think I am starting to understand what the site is about,maybe.Had a great time,got to meet a bunch of good people,play a crap load of golf on Tassies best courses.To everyone I golfed with,thank you.To those I haven't,their is always next year.To Ferrins for taking me under his wing and giving me the lowdown on how things roll.He survived the backroad to Barny.To 3pp,giving a full rundown on THE RIP effect,it put everything into perspective.To much to go on about.

Lefty,I would never have done a golf trip to Tassie of it wasn't for your efforts,thank you.And to everyone else who was involved in organising the UCW,Vic Champs,and all prizes and trophies,thank you.
    See you next year

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

My turn...

Thanks to lefty for organizing the event. This was my first Vic champs and I thoroughly enjoyed the golf in good company.

Big thanks to all my playing partners who put up with my regular 3-4 putting and the occasional expletive. Arm lock putting ain’t for me.

Shout out to Brummer, PTP and all the lovely crew at Royal Hobart. I felt very welcomed as a guest and really enjoyed the course. I reckon it’s gonna be an unsung gem once Richard has finished his MP.

On to work now in Hobart for rest of the week. Hopefully I will see all of you in Adelaide in November for SA champs 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Landed back in Brisbane to rain glorious rain!

What an awesome trip. The Vic Champs again exceeds all expectations. Thanks to Lefty and his band of helpers. Fantastic job once again.

Congratulations to Ron Burgundy on his playoff win! Well played on all three days for you. Being NAGA was certainly inspiring for you.

We really have a great bunch of people. My favourite boys golf trip of the year. Thanks to all for treating me like one of the boys and not making me feel like an intruder.

Bring on 2020

Thread Information