Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 41 of 41
  1. #26
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Join Date
    Feb 25, 2008
    Location
    Online on Sportingbet....
    Posts
    26,954

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slothman View Post
    HOLY SHIT.

    So I have the fitting on the 11th of November. I got to play yesterday as I have a week off so the pro threw the demo TS3 at me and said "do your worst". Now....I am not 100% sure on the setting but I think it was a 9.5 set to standard with an even flow shaft of around 62grams. So I think it was the stiff shaft and it was also the 45" from the little button in the end of the shaft. I took it to the range to warm up expecting to go back and grab the old 913 before the round.

    Went through the routine than pulled it out....man alive. Just setting it down I felt like I could hit this thing. The shaft length felt right, it sat behind the ball nicely for my eye. 3 hits, each longer than the last. No idea on distance but they have recently cleared some trees at the end of the range and I was carrying them with ease. I am GUESSING that is around a 240 meter carry. I smiled, thought this could be fun.

    18 holes later...yep I want this club. The pro shop is overpriced at $750 but I have a heap of vouchers so it won't be too bad. Just easy to hit. Was it much longer than the 913? Yes. But not a huge amount with the wind. Hitting with the strong crosswind and into it....my god it bombed. Easily as far as the 913 on a still day. But the forgiveness was freaking insane. I hit 3 "bad drives" that all found the light rough just off the fairway. The last hole I got over confident and tried a shot that was beyond me. If I had of aimed where I normally aim even that shot was still a good shot.

    Easily the best driver I have ever picked up....for me. Can't wait for the fitting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Thomas
    TS stands for “the shit”
    So you agree with JT then?

    quote from https://mygolfspy.com/2019-titleist-ts2-ts3-drivers-2/

  3. #28
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)
    Join Date
    Dec 19, 2013
    Location
    Albany, WA
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Absolutely.

    Could have used its performance at Manjimup. Might have saved a few trees.

  4. #29
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)
    Join Date
    Dec 19, 2013
    Location
    Albany, WA
    Posts
    657

    Default

    So my fitting was yesterday. Awesome stuff. The 913 performed well. But the TS3 won the day. He is sending through the details but in the end it was the X Stiff Even Flow (not sure on weight...).


    I was getting roughly 15 meters more carry with the TS3 and about 4-5 extra on the ball speed. Dispersion was insanely good.

    But the 3 wood....OMG the 3 wood. I hit my JPX EZ 3 wood...and then hit the Ts2 and Ts3. 15 meter carry...minimum. Dead straight. Both where very similar, sound wise different. I settled on the Ts3 purely for sound, performance was very very close.

    And then I made the biggest mistake ever. A mate was hitting afterwards so I was going for a chip and putt then have a chat with him. Instead the Apprentice Pro took me aside and to work on the driver. Ok..sounds great.

    He essentially wanted me to stand way closer to the ball. Yep I know I stand a long way from the ball, but ok. And it felt WEIRD. Like really weird. Cramped up weird. I was skying them with weak swings. Not even going 200.

    So now I will probably work on that instead of getting the new gear. Suppose I should thank him, saved me $1000...

    Mind you..the irons with the "closer stance" where dynamite...the longer stuff...not so much.
    Last edited by Slothman; 12th November 2018 at 10:05 AM.

  5. #30
    Member Club Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 02, 2015
    Location
    Warrnambool
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Had a fitting Saturday on trakman
    Current driver is 2016 M2 9.5* with stock shaft in S flex (not fitted for)
    Was fitted to Tensei 55g X-flex shaft with the T2 head 11.5* set to D1 (essentially delofted about 0.75*)
    I picked up ball speed (142 v 150), spin dropped (2,750 v 2,250)
    Distance increased (210m v 218m carry) and total distance (230m to 246m)
    He didnt show me dispersion (forgot to ask...) but I could tell my accuracy was better, especially when he gave me the x-flex

    He also had me hit the TS3 with same shaft, spin rate 1900 but less carry (same total) but being a 9-10 handicapper dont think I would get enough forgivness from the TS3 (especially with such low spin)

    The TS2 head feels solid, sits square...very impressed now just have to find $$$$$
    In the bag
    TM M2
    TM M2 3 wood
    P790 3 iron
    Srixon Z765
    Cleveland RTX3
    Putter - ongoing journey

  6. #31
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)
    Join Date
    Jan 15, 2017
    Location
    Boronia
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cratcliffe View Post
    Had a fitting Saturday on trakman
    Current driver is 2016 M2 9.5* with stock shaft in S flex (not fitted for)
    Was fitted to Tensei 55g X-flex shaft with the T2 head 11.5* set to D1 (essentially delofted about 0.75*)
    I picked up ball speed (142 v 150), spin dropped (2,750 v 2,250)
    Distance increased (210m v 218m carry) and total distance (230m to 246m)
    He didnt show me dispersion (forgot to ask...) but I could tell my accuracy was better, especially when he gave me the x-flex

    He also had me hit the TS3 with same shaft, spin rate 1900 but less carry (same total) but being a 9-10 handicapper dont think I would get enough forgivness from the TS3 (especially with such low spin)

    The TS2 head feels solid, sits square...very impressed now just have to find $$$$$
    I was toying with the idea of getting a new driver,then decided to get fitted for a shaft.Results were well up.
    Carry was +19metres
    Total up +22.
    Spin into the 2300
    Dispersion was better.
    I have pretty much got rid of my high block,I can swing a bit harder when needed and best of all,only cost $110 fitted with a new grip


    Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

  7. #32
    Member Club Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 04, 2016
    Location
    Greenside Bunker
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Tried the TS3 yesterday for the first time and it’s super impressive. Was just messing around at the driving range and the pro gave me one to use with an even flow 65g stiff shaft. My gamer is the 2016 M1 with an x stiff aldila rogue and I gotta say this one felt so much smoother and easier to hit. Will definitely take it out again for an on course test.
    WITB:
    Taylormade M1 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron DG AMT X100
    Titleist 716 CB 4-9 DG AMT X100
    Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04L DG Wedge Flex
    Odyssey RSX Milled #7
    Titleist ProV1x #23

  8. #33
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Join Date
    May 11, 2007
    Location
    On course somewhere
    Posts
    3,185

    Default

    I love my TS3 with the Evenflow shaft so easy to hit and i would say i have gained about 10m

  9. #34
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)
    Join Date
    Mar 08, 2009
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Picked mine up Friday - TS3 10.5* set to D4 (0.75* more loft) with Tensai Blue stiff shaft. 11 from 13 fairways, at least 10 metres longer than my old M4.

    40 points off 7, lowest round i’ve had. More greens in reg as a result of being longer and straighter off the tee. My (rather expensive) HZRDUS Black Handcrafted might not make it into the driver!
    WITB (19/1/2019): Titleist TS3 10.5 (Project X HZRDUS Black 5.8 Handcrafted), PXG 0341X 15* (Tour AD-TP 7S), PXG 0311X Gen 2 3 Driving Iron (Tour AD-95 Stiff), Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal (Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff), Vokey SM7 50.12 F, 54.08 M, 58.08 M, PXG Bat Attack P Tour Issue (34") Golflink

  10. #35
    Senior Member Order of Merit winner
    Join Date
    Sep 15, 2012
    Location
    In The Trees, FORE
    Posts
    8,344

    Default

    Titleist through Drummond are running a compare your driver Promo atm.
    Bring your Driver in and compare it against the TS Titleist Driver.
    Hit 5 Balls with yours then hit 5 Balls with a TS on Dummonds Launch Monitor and compare the numbers.
    Went into my local Store today just down from work today and did the comparison.
    I took my favorite from my stable in the Cobra Bio Cell Plus with UST Axicore Tour Black 89s.
    From the 5 test hits performed with each one there was no massive difference.
    The best with the TS was 17 yards longer than my best with my Bio Cell Plus but overall average only had the TS a little in front.
    Dispersion was tighter with my Bio Cell Plus.
    Spin numbers were very similar
    Launch angle was slightly higher on the TS set at 10.5 than my Bio Cell Plus set at 11
    Considering my Bio Cell Plus is played with a very heavy shaft the swing speed was only 0.2mph slower. I thought I might be giving away some mph here as the guff is always lighter = more club head speed.
    The comparison has shown I should loft up the Bio Cell a bit more for a bit more carry.
    The TS looks great and feels great, I wouldn't say no to one at much more sensible price than new and see how it goes with a much heavier shaft like I prefer.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

    W.I.T.B


  11. #36
    Member Club Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 04, 2016
    Location
    Greenside Bunker
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Titleist through Drummond are running a compare your driver Promo atm.
    Bring your Driver in and compare it against the TS Titleist Driver.
    Hit 5 Balls with yours then hit 5 Balls with a TS on Dummonds Launch Monitor and compare the numbers.
    Went into my local Store today just down from work today and did the comparison.
    I took my favorite from my stable in the Cobra Bio Cell Plus with UST Axicore Tour Black 89s.
    From the 5 test hits performed with each one there was no massive difference.
    The best with the TS was 17 yards longer than my best with my Bio Cell Plus but overall average only had the TS a little in front.
    Dispersion was tighter with my Bio Cell Plus.
    Spin numbers were very similar
    Launch angle was slightly higher on the TS set at 10.5 than my Bio Cell Plus set at 11
    Considering my Bio Cell Plus is played with a very heavy shaft the swing speed was only 0.2mph slower. I thought I might be giving away some mph here as the guff is always lighter = more club head speed.
    The comparison has shown I should loft up the Bio Cell a bit more for a bit more carry.
    The TS looks great and feels great, I wouldn't say no to one at much more sensible price than new and see how it goes with a much heavier shaft like I prefer.
    Actually went in to Drummond to test one of these out on the weekend up against my M1 but unfortunately they didn't have the shaft options in X-Flex so i'm going back in a month when they have a fitting day. Will be interesting to see what comes of it, on the day i hit my M1, the TS3 (albeit with a shaft that didn't suit my speed) and the Cobra F9 with an X-Flex. Cobra did nothing for me, didn't like the feel or the sound and numbers didn't do much for me. TS3 will be the one to keep my eye on, didn't feel like i could quite go after because of the shaft, but numbers were still pretty solid. My M1 outperformed both of them though, helps being fit correctly, but looking forward to trying out a few different shafts in the TS3 to match it up.
    WITB:
    Taylormade M1 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron DG AMT X100
    Titleist 716 CB 4-9 DG AMT X100
    Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04L DG Wedge Flex
    Odyssey RSX Milled #7
    Titleist ProV1x #23

  12. #37
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Join Date
    May 08, 2004
    Posts
    6,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    Actually went in to Drummond to test one of these out on the weekend up against my M1 but unfortunately they didn't have the shaft options in X-Flex so i'm going back in a month when they have a fitting day. Will be interesting to see what comes of it, on the day i hit my M1, the TS3 (albeit with a shaft that didn't suit my speed) and the Cobra F9 with an X-Flex. Cobra did nothing for me, didn't like the feel or the sound and numbers didn't do much for me. TS3 will be the one to keep my eye on, didn't feel like i could quite go after because of the shaft, but numbers were still pretty solid. My M1 outperformed both of them though, helps being fit correctly, but looking forward to trying out a few different shafts in the TS3 to match it up.
    If you have some clubhead speed, might be worthwhile waiting for the release of TS4. Supposed to be really low spin.

  13. #38
    Member Club Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 04, 2016
    Location
    Greenside Bunker
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    If you have some clubhead speed, might be worthwhile waiting for the release of TS4. Supposed to be really low spin.
    Yeah I will be doing that, I think they'll have it when I go in there so that'll be good. The guy told me about it and I'd seen it out there so was very keen to give it a go. I was spinning my driver at about 2800 sometimes a little more and sometimes less, but would like to hit the slightly smaller, low spinning head.
    WITB:
    Taylormade M1 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron DG AMT X100
    Titleist 716 CB 4-9 DG AMT X100
    Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04L DG Wedge Flex
    Odyssey RSX Milled #7
    Titleist ProV1x #23

  14. #39
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Join Date
    Nov 01, 2008
    Location
    Redlands, on the shores of Moreton Bay
    Posts
    17,911

    Default

    I have a large credit in my Proshop account that I need to use this month. I don't really need anything, surprisingly! So I am contemplating getting a TS3 for the collection. The question is which shaft? I have narrowed it down to the Evenflow or the HZRDUS, as I already have earlier versions of the other 2 stock shafts in the collection.

  15. #40
    Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine
    Join Date
    Mar 13, 2017
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Daves

    I am amazed at how good and how straight the TS2 with the Kuro Kage shaft. I preferred it to the tensei. I currently use a Diamana.

    I don't have a very fast swing ,so my experience might be different to yours. I'm using a regular shaft (old fart).

    Benje

  16. #41
    Member Club Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 04, 2016
    Location
    Greenside Bunker
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Finally got to a proper fitting for the Titleist range today. Tried both the TS2 & TS3 drivers with a variety of shafts.

    Compared them against my Taylormade M1 and the results were pretty good. I hit my driver first as a warm up, and didn't hit it again so I think the numbers with that are slightly down as my speed increased throughout the fitting. But overall the TS3 was my driver that I would go with, ball speed was up nearly 4mph compared to the M1, averaged about 265m carry and just over 280m rollout. Shaft that we decided was best was the Project X Even Flow T110 white X-Stiff 65g. Also tried the yellow HZRDUS but for $350 up charge there was no way I would go with that. The price point is still over $700 so wouldn't be out to buy one brand new, but might keep my eye out for something.
    WITB:
    Taylormade M1 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron DG AMT X100
    Titleist 716 CB 4-9 DG AMT X100
    Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04L DG Wedge Flex
    Odyssey RSX Milled #7
    Titleist ProV1x #23


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. Toxic

Similar Threads

  1. Titleist 910 drivers - has anyone hit one yet?
    By braddles in forum Equip Me
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10th October 2010, 06:39 AM
  2. For Sale Titleist Drivers and Hybrid
    By glennles in forum Pro Shop Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th July 2010, 09:53 PM
  3. Trade - Titleist Drivers - D1 for D2
    By Coogee Beach in forum Pro Shop Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd May 2009, 02:17 PM
  4. Titleist Drivers
    By Iain in forum Pro Shop Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 9th May 2007, 12:17 AM
  5. Reshafting Titleist 905 Drivers
    By glen in forum Equip Me
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 5th February 2007, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Back to top