Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    For sure, and it is pointless when we try discussing what a hole is, if we can't agree what "is" is.

For the rest of us flat-earthers, RQ 6 is a strategic hole.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    There are none so blind as those who will not see.
    I will need proof

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    I will need proof
    Proof
    Attached Images
    Gamers
    Ping G430 LST 9* Driver with CB55 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    TM Stealth 2 Hybrid with Nemeses 90 M4 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

Does anybody else think it’s funny that’s it’s taken nine pages (and counting) in this thread to explain what strategic golf course design is?!?! I would’ve thought it was pretty clear, no?
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ KuroKage TiNi Silver 60
    Titleist 917 F2 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75 S
    TaylorMade TP UDI 20* w/ KuroKage 70 S graphite
    Mizuno MP-4 4-PW w/ Project X Rifle 6.0
    SM5 Vokey 50* F Grind & 54* F Grind
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyJuzzy View Post
    Does anybody else think it’s funny that’s it’s taken nine pages (and counting) in this thread to explain what strategic golf course design is?!?! I would’ve thought it was pretty clear, no?
    It's the vibe, man...

Banned

You do realise that just because the majority of a group of people believe something, doesn't necessarily mean it's right yeah?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    You do realise that just because the majority of a group of people believe something, doesn't necessarily mean it's right yeah?
    Says the only clown that can’t see.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand strategic golf design. The theory can be extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the angles will go over a typical players's head. There's also Dr McKenzie's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these holes, to realise that they're not just strategic, they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike a strategic golf course truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the road hole , which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as the genius wit unfolds itself on their golf courses. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Royal Melbourne tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Does that thought really need to be spelled out in writing? I would’ve thought that notion was pretty clear...one might argue even clearer than strategic golf course design.
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand strategic golf design. The theory can be extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the angles will go over a typical players's head. There's also Dr McKenzie's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these holes, to realise that they're not just strategic, they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike a strategic golf course truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the road hole , which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as the genius wit unfolds itself on their golf courses. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Royal Melbourne tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid
    TLDR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Says the only clown that can’t see.

Banned

Does that thought really need to be spelled out in writing? I would’ve thought that notion was pretty clear...one might argue even clearer than strategic golf course design.
    You made a derisive comment about it taking nine pages to explain strategic golf design. I though it appropriate to remind you that just because your one of the majority, doesn't necessarily mean you're right.

You made a derisive comment about it taking nine pages to explain strategic golf design. I though it appropriate to remind you that just because your one of the majority, doesn't necessarily mean you're right.
    Agreed - the majority isn’t necessarily right. Neither is the minority. But let’s be honest - that goes without saying. In saying that, you literally may be the first golfer I’ve ever come across who doesn’t understand GCA and strategic golf course design once it is explained to them. Kudos. Maybe it’s a subjective thing to some people...somehow. The good thing is you can be a fanatical golfer - and even a really, really great golfer - without having any interest at all in GCA. Best recent example of that fact is Kuchar slagging off Coore & Crenshaw’s Trinity Forest earlier this year. My two cents? If you’re interested in GCA and strategic design, then golf just becomes all that more interesting and fascinating. It’d be like watching black and white TV, then watching colour TV.
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

Banned

Agreed - the majority isn’t necessarily right. Neither is the minority. But let’s be honest - that goes without saying. In saying that, you literally may be the first golfer I’ve ever come across who doesn’t understand GCA and strategic golf course design once it is explained to them. Kudos. Maybe it’s a subjective thing to some people...somehow. The good thing is you can be a fanatical golfer - and even a really, really great golfer - without having any interest at all in GCA. Best recent example of that fact is Kuchar slagging off Coore & Crenshaw’s Trinity Forest earlier this year. My two cents? If you’re interested in GCA and strategic design, then golf just becomes all that more interesting and fascinating. It’d be like watching black and white TV, then watching colour TV.
    There's a big difference between not understanding and no agreeing. I think you need to read the thread properly and put aside your bias and you'll see it's not about an understanding or lack there of. Well not on my part anyway.

Was a lot easier in the past when people stuck to their own forums, with the demise of TGF, golf design (whether strategic or otherwise) is starting to infiltrate places where it just shouldn't be and look at the ructions its causing.

Can't be long before somewhere questions someone else's coffee choices or gives a dissertation on Melbourne restaurants and the superior "European" culture of the city.

There's a big difference between not understanding and no agreeing. I think you need to read the thread properly and put aside your bias and you'll see it's not about an understanding or lack there of. Well not on my part anyway.
    What if not agreeing is a byproduct of not understanding? All the best Rich.

Was a lot easier in the past when people stuck to their own forums, with the demise of TGF, golf design (whether strategic or otherwise) is starting to infiltrate places where it just shouldn't be and look at the ructions its causing.

Can't be long before somewhere questions someone else's coffee choices or gives a dissertation on Melbourne restaurants and the superior "European" culture of the city.
    It is what it is mate. This will all go away when the tour starts again and we can talk about how great Tiger is.

Banned

What if not agreeing is a byproduct of not understanding? All the best Rich.
    It could be but if you haven't been part of the conversation in the first place and then make derisive, condescending and biased comments 4 days later, what's the point of that?

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

with the demise of TGF,
    In name only Perry - the new site that replaced the TGF name, with all the usual regulars, is alive and well.

This thread is quite a reasonable discussion on the topic of strategic golf design - apart from one clueless cretin of course (who may well be just trolling the rest of you).

Hey Jazz, is it the definition of strategic golf design you disagree with or just that the 6th at RQ is strategic?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    In name only Perry - the new site that replaced the TGF name, with all the usual regulars, is alive and well.

This thread is quite a reasonable discussion on the topic of strategic golf design - apart from one clueless cretin of course (who may well be just trolling the rest of you).
    There is something seriously wrong with you guys (except Benno). Why am I clueless cretin? Why the insult? It's just GCA. It's not even close to a high priority in the real scheme of things and yet I'm being called a clown, a cretin, people insinuating that I'm of a lower intelligence etc etc. What's so bad here that you need to be abusive or demeaning?

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I really don't understand how Jazz can use two different variants of "your/you're" in the same sentence, when only one was needed, but that's just my subjective opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I really don't understand how Jazz can use two different variants of "your/you're" in the same sentence, when only one was needed, but that's just my subjective opinion.
    You don’t even play golf. Stay out of this.

There is something seriously wrong with you guys (except Benno). Why am I clueless cretin? Why the insult? It's just GCA. It's not even close to a high priority in the real scheme of things and yet I'm being called a clown, a cretin, people insinuating that I'm of a lower intelligence etc etc. What's so bad here that you need to be abusive or demeaning?
    Stick it up them Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information