Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default WDYSTM - October

Tuesday comp at Beaconhills, stroke off 7 , 82/75, was like Melbourne’s weather a bit of everything all in one day . One weird game of golf , parred 1st didn’t touch the fairway once, missed a short par putt on 2 , sank a longish birdie on 3 it didn’t break when it usually does so I thought I had missed it, lipped out a 25 cm par putt on 4 , lipped out a 25 cm par putt on 5 , hit the flag on par 3 6 th nearly ricocheted off the green , second shot on par 4 8 th lipped out missed the 2 mtr birdie , 3 putt bogey on 9 . Still had 40 ots . Snap hook drive on 12 sank a long breaking downhill putt for 7 ,hit a drive wide on 14 into trees , find it in a hole up against a tree automatically a bogey , sank a long putt on par 3 15 for birdie from off the green ,hit flag and tried to avoid going in , putting on 17 watch a putt break a couple inches ( normal) putting from same spot , putt mine well right ( too much I thought) watched it break lots and finish well left , sank a good putt on 18 for par and 42 ots or 14 pts .

Stableford at Beaconhills today off 7 , 37 pts 19/18 no birdies , one 3 putt double bogey wipe , 13 pars 4 bogies , putting and chipping could have been better . Won the Ntp on 2 nd can’t believe it held up it wasn’t close . GA down to 7.1 . Course has changed into summer mode 37 would have won the comp a month ago today it was 28 th didn’t even win a ball in the rundown
    Last edited by Grumpy8; 4th October 2018 at 05:52 PM.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

85/73 for monthly medal/round 1 club champs. I'm away on business in 2 weekend's time so didn't enter champs.

Given I haven't played in about 2 months due to work/sickness/other life things, I'm fairly happy with that.

Few needless doubles, but my putter saved me.

MM ,1st round of club champs with Olinda today , 80/72, triple bogey on my 4 th hole( a no shot hole ) forte balls don’t float apparently, shot 41 front nine 3 over cap 39 second nine two under cap . Woke up with man flu , was having dizzy spells and vertigo type symptoms every time I teed up or marked my ball , was going home after 9 didn’t hit a provisional after a crap drive found ball unfortunately, so battled on , pulled off a good par on 10 th so kept on going , teed ball up on my 16 th hole, had to shift it but couldn’t because my head was spinning ,one of the other guys did it for me , parred it and the 17 th , crabbed my way up 18 th cause head was spinning, sank a 15 ft downhill putt for another par. Putting was my saviour only had 27 putts 14/13 .Having a couple stiff scotches to kill the bugs. Winner had nett 63 and have ground to make up in clubbies
    Last edited by Grumpy8; 6th October 2018 at 06:13 PM.

38. Gatorade me bitch ! ( Yes, it's been a while)
    Last edited by BayBum; 6th October 2018 at 07:24 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    MM ,1st round of club champs with Olinda today , 80/72, triple bogey on my 4 th hole( a no shot hole ) forte balls don’t float apparently, shot 41 front nine 3 over cap 39 second nine two under cap . Woke up with man flu , was having dizzy spells and vertigo type symptoms every time I teed up or marked my ball , was going home after 9 didn’t hit a provisional after a crap drive found ball unfortunately, so battled on , pulled off a good par on 10 th so kept on going , teed ball up on my 16 th hole, had to shift it but couldn’t because my head was spinning ,one of the other guys did it for me , parred it and the 17 th , crabbed my way up 18 th cause head was spinning, sank a 15 ft downhill putt for another par. Putting was my saviour only had 27 putts 14/13 .Having a couple stiff scotches to kill the bugs. Winner had nett 63 and have ground to make up in clubbies
    Wasn't another GO'b win was it?

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Net 76 in the medal yesterday. Putted awfully in the rain. Except binning a 50' monster on 7 for a birdie. Had a run of 3 bad holes. Seems to be the way for me on stroke rounds at the moment.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Wasn't another GO'b win was it?
    No he only had a nett 68 , was Bruce C , don’t think I will be repeating my nett win of last champs or winning medallist of medals win next week . You were missed yesterday, a few guys asked where you were

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    No he only had a nett 68 , was Bruce C , don’t think I will be repeating my nett win of last champs or winning medallist of medals win next week . You were missed yesterday, a few guys asked where you were
    Well,after my showing at KOTH I thought I might take a week off and get some things done around the house.I also had an early basketball game so didn't want to try and rush a round and then take off straight away.I should be their next week all going well

Net 73 in the Matchplay champs qualifier (rd1). I have the short game of an epileptic ten year old and am still dialing in new wedges. I can't play in round two so it doesn't matter that I am probably 8 shots off the pace in B-grade anyway.
    Highlight for AndyP: Leaving myself a 10 foot eagle putt after hitting hybrid 260m uphill off the first. Easy birdie.
    Lowlight: A shank to end all shanks on the 4th after a big 3w to the middle of the fairway. Easy double.

Leaving driver in the bag is working well for me though. There are only two holes at Wynnum that really require it: the 4th where you need to hit it 250 to reach the corner for a shot at the green, and the 12th where you need to carry the burn. I proved to myself that I can achieve both easily and more confidently with 3w in hand so the driver is getting a permanent rest at my home club.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Pfffft! The 12th is 7i..3w...wedge.....putt.
    Save the shank for the 13th tee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Pfffft! The 12th is 7i..3w...wedge.....putt..
    I do keep mentioning that, actually.

I prefer the duckhook driver, punch out, wedge eagle approach. Only succeeded once so far but that is not for a lack of trying.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

84 nett 75 in strong winds at the midweek medal.

Greens were 2 foot slower than the last few weekends so I left at least 6 putts 3 rolls short and in the heart.

Lost the medal OCB with double on the last.

R3 and 4 of Champs this weekend. At least today was a step in the right direction.

After Sunday, half my handicap last 20 rounds will be stroke.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

33 points off 15. Blew 3 holes.....lots of close missed putts.....

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

31pts. Turned with 19 but got derailed by a couple of wipes. Despite the score I'm pretty happy with the way I struck the ball today.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Stroke again today with Olinda at Beaconhills, 2 nd rd of the club champs , Final of the medal of the medallist’s , shot 79 / 71 which won the medallist’s until it was realised that my daily cap was actually 7 in that but frozen on 8 in the champs , which then caused a 5 way countback which I made runner up ( finishing double b ,bogey, par (missed a four foot birdie ) was costly. It was a very frustrating day probably the worst / strangest 79 I have shot . Knocked a 2 hybrid over the back of the first usually struggle onto the front . Hit driver easy gap wedge into second which is hardest hole on today’s course . Got to the 5 th one over then started 3 putting , finished the 9 5 over ( 16 pts ) then went par par birdie par ( which is 4x3 pointers) par , bogey ( huge sliced 8 iron) snap hook double , 3 putt bogey , 2 putt par from 4 foot and the first putt was a shocker . Congrats to joe s who won the daily comp

Second round of club champs with Olinda,unfortunately I missed the first round so playing for a bit of fun.
    I actually can't remember to much of the round,I was just playing and having fun.Had a side game of match play going as well,I turned 3 up on that and won on the 15th.I did have a few memorable highlights though.Birdied the par 5 25th after a 260m drive and second into the heart with a 3 hybrid.
    Birdie on 27th with a second shot 7 iron finishing 15 feet high of the cup,return putt was middle cup.
    Birdie on the 3rd after hitting driver then 7 iron right onto the cart path,made the up and down from an almost impossible position.Halved the hole in match play after Tim rolled in for eagle,he had to give me a shot on their,and I rolled in a 15 foot birdie putt.
    Hi lights for the round would be 3 birdies,hitting the ball well and striking my putts well.
    Lo lights,tee shots into the water on 22 and 23 costing chances,2 x 3 putts
    Can't remember to much more,great company and good fun.
    Finished with 80/69 and 38 points.
    Last edited by JoeS; 13th October 2018 at 06:44 PM.

Blog Entries

34 Points in a bit of rain on a wet course. Don't think anyone played in the afternoon as the rain set in just as we finished. 48 in a saturday field. Won the approach on 7 but probably worth half a mars bar with the small field. 2 wipes, both with stupid shots, and had difficulty dropping a putt, had the DaveS with them shaving the edges. My patience in the wet is not great.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Major Winner

92/76 in club champs at Trump Links Ferry Point. 1 bird

Stableford at Beaconhills, 29 pts (14/15) , bladed chips , bad drives terrible 3 woods , spent so much time in the trees you would have thought I was on a four hour bush walk rather than playing golf . Great warm up for last round of club champs

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

+2

92 at Trump Links Ferry Point
    102 at Bethpage Black

Blog Entries

102 is better than I thought you would. I'd expect a fair bit more. How was it?

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    102 is better than I thought you would. I'd expect a fair bit more. How was it?
    From the middle tees.

It was perfect!

Thread Information