Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Todays comp at Brisbane GC - myself and another visitor played in the A and B grade stroke comp - the two members with us were C grade but 'made' to play stableford - they didn't seem overly happy with the club having that rule. They also mentioned that the club is proposing an idea where individual members can elect what tees to play the comp. from - and would be adjusted later somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    Todays comp at Brisbane GC - myself and another visitor played in the A and B grade stroke comp - the two members with us were C grade but 'made' to play stableford - they didn't seem overly happy with the club having that rule. They also mentioned that the club is proposing an idea where individual members can elect what tees to play the comp. from - and would be adjusted later somehow.
    Did you tell them to get better at golf and get into B grade then?

They can still play a stroke round and just score the stableford points if they aren't complete choppers. If they are, then good thing it's stableford.

I am not sure I like the 'elect which tees to play from' idea, however. Multiple comps within fields? Or is it just adjusted for rating? My advantage is length but my short game is garbage. Can I elect to play of the tips but get preferred lie around the greens to suit the shortcomings in my game?

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Did you tell them to get better at golf and get into B grade then?

They can still play a stroke round and just score the stableford points if they aren't complete choppers. If they are, then good thing it's stableford.

I am not sure I like the 'elect which tees to play from' idea, however. Multiple comps within fields? Or is it just adjusted for rating? My advantage is length but my short game is garbage. Can I elect to play of the tips but get preferred lie around the greens to suit the shortcomings in my game?
    Different tees on the same day is a superb idea. Old blokes who hit driver 160 should play off forward (red?) tees. Their daily handicap will be adjusted accordingly.

It’s one of the advantages of the slope rating system.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Different tees on the same day is a superb idea. Old blokes who hit driver 160 should play off forward (red?) tees. Their daily handicap will be adjusted accordingly.

It’s one of the advantages of the slope rating system.
    Our oldies can play off the yellow tees if they are older than 70 and 30 cap or greater.

Simmsy is excited to be getting close to both.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Our oldies can play off the yellow tees if they are older than 70 and 30 cap or greater.

Simmsy is excited to be getting close to both.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Eastern in Melbourne has had the multiple tee thing for the last few years. Basically there is 2 options for the day (there are 3 sets of tees for the men white, blue or black with white being the shortest and black the longest).

If the comp of the day is off the white tees you can elect to play off the black and when you enter your score you are given an extra 4 points in Stableford, shots in stroke or +’s if it is par. The 4 shots is the difference in the course ratings. If the comp of the day is blue, you can elect to play the white and you will start with 2 shots less then the field. Same goes for black, you can play the white but start 4 shots less then the field.

You are handicapped separately, for the course you played on the day.

The main use it gets is when the comp of the day is off the white, and the ego’s think the course is too short for them, so they go off the black.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

At Reddy Bay they couldn't work out if they were playing off blue or black when we had the tees separate (Which is why we now have a blue/black tee that they move around). I can imagine the confusion if they were allowed to use any tee! I really like the idea though.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    At Reddy Bay they couldn't work out if they were playing off blue or black when we had the tees separate (Which is why we now have a blue/black tee that they move around). I can imagine the confusion if they were allowed to use any tee! I really like the idea though.
    If you’re too stupid to work out what tee to play from you can eat the DQ

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Quick follow up after last months experiment, looks like we're going back to stroke but graded tee's.

Thread Information