Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jones Bags AU

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

After being burned once I knew it was a bad idea giving it another crack. Absolute clowns, how on earth did they get the rights in first place?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

One could argue that the ones who decided to transmit funds online to a company that is going insolvent knew exactly the risks they were taking for a cheap bag.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_of_oz View Post
    One could argue that the ones who decided to transmit funds online to a company that is going insolvent knew exactly the risks they were taking for a cheap bag.
    I concur with this, yes easy for me to say, as I got my bag but we paid chicken feed for them and for quite sometime I was sure it wouldn’t arrive but to be honest didn’t really care. Turns out I actually don’t like mine so it is going to another Ozgolfer.

the investment was worth the risk; the ABN is currently active so there is enough time to claim should the need arise

this is why I made the point before of 'I will leave it but for not much longer'
    Last edited by thecollective; 25th October 2018 at 09:01 PM.

Banned

It's a reasonable argument.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

It's not some back yard company, it is an international brand that is not about to go bust. The guy here is losing the rights to distribute at years end and Jones USA have told me they will sort out the order if needed. If using Amex, as I did, they have buyer protection if it never arrives. Not really a risk, just frustrating to deal with such incompetence.

The contract is between you and the distributor, though. If they go insolvent, Jones USA have no legal obligation to help you out and those funds might not have made it to them. They themselves could be owed money by the local distributor going into receivership. If they are assuring customers that they will honour any orders then that is admirable, but just understand that they have no requirement to do so.

It's not the case in this instance, but local chains for large international organisations go bust all the time and their US/EU 'mother' brands do not bail out their creditors. It's even an often used financial tactic to separate operations in different markets, in order to protect those that are performing well. Foodora closed down their entire Australian operation just a few months ago leaving debts (to creditors and the ATO alike) while Foodora internationally is humming along.

What is the big attraction to Jones bags anyway? I have looked at their website and cant see anything to get excited about.

same could be said about JDM...

Banned

For me, it's something different. That's why JDM is kinda cool as well. I have also been looking for a plain bag with no branding on it for so long. These are about as close as you will find and are good quality too. Really happy with mine.

Just got my second delivery from the 70% off sale today too. Not trying to rub it in, just saying they're not all bad stories.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by jezaa; 29th October 2018 at 02:58 PM.

Last edited by thecollective; 26th October 2018 at 04:49 PM. Reason: classified

Last edited by jezaa; 26th October 2018 at 04:56 PM.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Received notice items were posted three weeks ago....

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 8081travis View Post
    Received notice items were posted three weeks ago....
    Why do you need one, I've seen your stash of SC stand bags!

I’m after a new Jones bag. Anyone know if they are still available here or do I need to go to the US for it? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sven365 View Post
    I’m after a new Jones bag. Anyone know if they are still available here or do I need to go to the US for it? Cheers
    The states definitely, pot luck if you go through Australian agent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

The Aussie operation has wound up and their website is down. I assume the US is fine but it won’t be cheap.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    The Aussie operation has wound up and their website is down. I assume the US is fine but it won’t be cheap.
    US site is all good. Got some stuff a fews weeks back during their Black Friday sale. Pity you missed it sven365, it was 40% off.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    US site is all good. Got some stuff a fews weeks back during their Black Friday sale. Pity you missed it sven365, it was 40% off.
    How much was shipping? I was thinking about getting something myself during their sale but ended up clinging to the hope that my final bag from the Aussie guys would turn up eventually. Luckily it arrived a couple of weeks ago, some 7 weeks after I bought it.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

My bags never arrived, contacted the US blokes great fellas, were going to resend all items but then ended up getting me a full refund. Great fellas, they said current distributor was a peanut and replacing him by the start of next year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    How much was shipping? I was thinking about getting something myself during their sale but ended up clinging to the hope that my final bag from the Aussie guys would turn up eventually. Luckily it arrived a couple of weeks ago, some 7 weeks after I bought it.
    From memory it was a flat rate of $55USD. Probably not worth it from the US if they aren't doing a decent sale. Given the exchange rate, the shipping and the sale at the time, I think I got my stuff for maybe a little less than what the retail might be in Australia normally. Don't think I'd purchase from the US site at normal prices though. Excellent delivery time though.

Quote Originally Posted by 8081travis View Post
    My bags never arrived, contacted the US blokes great fellas, were going to resend all items but then ended up getting me a full refund. Great fellas, they said current distributor was a peanut and replacing him by the start of next year
    Exactly the same thing happened in my case. That peanut they had here is a uni student and member at Royal Melbourne according to his Linkedin.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by fredstar View Post
    Exactly the same thing happened in my case. That peanut they had here is a uni student and member at Royal Melbourne according to his Linkedin.
    He is a liar and a thief and an all round piece of sh1t!

Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    He is a liar and a thief and an all round piece of sh1t!
    Summed him up perfectly

Thread Information