Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Default WDYSTM- September

37 Points today, 21/16. First run with the Cure putter and I had 31 putts. Started with a 3 putt but went much better after that. 4 Greens. 9 Fairways. 1 Birdie and 1 wipe. Probably see handicap go down again today.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

87 in the Monthly Medal today. Hit 2 in the piss for a quad on the second hole and never recovered.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

MM with Olinda at Beaconhills on the lakes course today , weather was pretty ordinary and so was my golf played the last four holes 5 over , 3 bogies one double ( 3 putts and bladed chips ) luckily I played the first 14 at 2 over . Thought I had blown the medal cause my countback was pretty ordinary, turns out I still had a shot or two up my sleeve . Shot 78 /69 or 38 pts (20/18 ) 30 putts (12/18 )two birdies no wipes , coulda been a lot better but turned out all good , only dropped.1 off my cap so still off 9 on the lakes course .

35 points at Wynnum. I had more cold tops than an antarctic expedition but caught some fire on the shorter holes and managed 35 points despite 4 wipes, including wiping my last two holes of the day, disappointingly. Good enough for third in my grade and some free beer funds in the account (37pts won it, 36pts 2nd).

I am not a very good golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    35 points at Wynnum. I had more cold tops than an antarctic expedition but caught some fire on the shorter holes and managed 35 points despite 4 wipes, including wiping my last two holes of the day, disappointingly. Good enough for third in my grade and some free beer funds in the account (37pts won it, 36pts 2nd).I am not a very good golfer.
    Sounds like you were pretty good on 14 holes

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Sounds like you were pretty good on 14 holes
    Nah, I had a one pointer on one of those.

I'm a fantastic 13 hole golfer.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

93. So many doubles, and a triple or two for good measure.

Highlights were birdies on 8 and 18, both new for this years eclectic, so now leading eclectic gross by 3 and nett by 2 and a bit with about a month to go.

It would be nice to play a round in less than 40k winds and more than about 5 degrees in real feel.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

73 today for a nett 66 to play to handicap. 4 birdies and 3 doubles with many beers made it a great day out Par 66 course and our September monthly medal and first round of club champs combined
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

92/76 on medal day today. Two birdies and an 8. Lots of doubles.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

90/72 at Carbrook in the medal/club champs rd 1.

A little bit frustrated at my putting but was a solid enough round. Looking forward to three rounds of golf in a row.
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

87 net 74 (par 70) in the Monthly Medal at Half Moon Bay. Haven't touched a club for 4 weeks so was happy with the first 11 holes but the wheels started to wobble after that. Couldn't buy a putt and lipped out two birdies over-reading the break.

The course is in good condition at the moment and the greens are quick by FNQ standards. First day of Spring and already the humidity is starting to climb.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

had a sort of good weekend of golf... putting was great with average of 2 putts per hole with only 1 3 putts during the weekend.
    Saturday was pretty much bogey golf with 3 double bogeys and 3 pars; cant hit the par 3s hurt me, and a few lip out for pars also didnt help with the scores... finished with 44/46
    Sunday was pretty inconsistent with a stronger wind in play... shot gun start at hole 11 sort of threw my tempo off a little.... again par 3s were my downfall with 3 bogey and 1 double. had a strong finish on the front 9; so the day was 1 birdie, 5 pars, 7 bogeys, 4 doubles and 1 triple (brain fart) with a game of 42/47

Took out the Tourstage 909 XBlade this weekend, and was hitting it pretty well... not taking big divots like the Mizzy MP15, just picking the balls but seems to fly pretty well...

GA handicap has gone back down to 13.2, the lowest it has been since April this year... Will see if I can get down to 12s again before end of this year, as my goal for the year is to reach 10

Ah but no golf for this week as I will be flying off to Malaysia.... Mother's birthday so can't even sneak out for a quickie 9 holes

43 points around Pacific with DC68 today with 3x3 putts and a wipe. It's also the first time since 2010 that I have shot better than my handicap.
    DC had a hole in one on the 13th, and 39 points.

New irons were excellent. Good day out, and the weather stayed away.

43 points around Pacific with DC68 today with 3x3 putts and a wipe.
    And still managed to get 43 points? handicaps going to be cut a little?

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
    handicaps going to be cut a little?
    It deserves a chop into something more respectable, despite my form.

A week out from champs too. What's the opposite of a sandbagger?

A week out from champs too. What's the opposite of a sandbagger?
    An in form golfer if you stay in the same grade , a golfer with no sense of timing if you go down a grade

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

New Champs Favourite!

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Played a social front 9 at Waterford Valley after work today with a couple of friends.Birdies on 1 and 5 and par on the other 7 holes for a 2under OTS.I dont understand this game.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

43 points around Pacific with DC68 today with 3x3 putts and a wipe. It's also the first time since 2010 that I have shot better than my handicap.
    Great score, henno! Do you really have to focus on the negatives in your summary though? I did this good thing, but made mistakes, so I should have done better.

This seems to be the standard template for posting in this area though. x points with y wipes, but no mention of nett birdies or even four pointers. [/bleat]

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Great score, henno! Do you really have to focus on the negatives in your summary though? I did this good thing, but made mistakes, so I should have done better.

This seems to be the standard template for posting in this area though. x points with y wipes, but no mention of nett birdies or even four pointers. [/bleat]
    Very good point. Although in my head it was more like a 'only one wipe' situation, when I usually wipe 4-6 holes, so not entirely negative from my internal monologue.

Two four pointers, no 'real' birdies but lots of birdie putts that made for easy pars, which is nicer than thinking "I missed a lot of birdie putts".

Blog Entries

AndyP wants more FIGJAM posts.

Whatever happened to those 15 year olds that could shoot six over par and wanted to place in the Aus Open and PGA Tour school?
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    AndyP wants more FIGJAM posts.

Whatever happened to those 15 year olds that could shoot six over par and wanted to place in the Aus Open and PGA Tour school?
    Played a social front 9 at Waterford Valley after work today with a couple of friends.Birdies on 1 and 5 and par on the other 7 holes for a 2under OTS.I dont understand this game

I hit it like a legend and couldn't have done much more FIGJAM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Played a social front 9 at Waterford Valley after work today with a couple of friends.Birdies on 1 and 5 and par on the other 7 holes for a 2under OTS.I dont understand this game

I hit it like a legend and couldn't have done much more FIGJAM
    Great scoring!

Have you thought about giving up work and practicing everyday, so you can win lots of money on the Champions Tour when you turn 50.

p.s.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post

Excellent post Andy but you forgot about 1 putts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Great scoring!

Have you thought about giving up work and practicing everyday, so you can win lots of money on the Champions Tour when you turn 50.

p.s.
    Already onto it,just need a new driver

Thread Information