Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    That's the sort of positive reports that I'm talking about. Way to go, Jabber.
    To be honest the #flusha was sarcastic

#noice

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Does that say 'BOB' and an arrow pointing to the 11?
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

3 OB

And 1 OB on 3

Can play

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

6.5 rounds during my QLD Champs jaunt:

Lakelands - 29 pts - 17 with a wipe on the front, but limped home with 12 on the back. Won an NTP but missed the 3 footer.
    Tamborine Mountain 9 hole round - 16pts - no comp but won the game of Wolf
    Kooralbyn Valley - 94/88 (22 pts adjusted) even with 2 birdies - couldn't get in play off the tee and paid the penalty
    Royal Queensland - 30pts - reasonably solid round considering I was trying to keep up with Matt3Jab & Nudgee all day
    Pacific Harbour - 28pts - only wipes were on 3 of the par 3s - happy with the round otherwise
    Brookwater - 19pts - started well with a tap-in bogey and reg par on the difficult 2nd. Went full retard after that & couldn't hit the ball.
    Nudgee - 40pts (74) - finally put a round together, but still wasn't enough to win the day
    Last edited by Courty; 19th September 2018 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Small oversight
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    6 rounds during my QLD Champs jaunt:

Lakelands - 29 pts - 17 with a wipe on the front, but limped home with 12 on the back. Won an NTP but missed the 3 footer.
    Tamborine Mountain 9 hole round - 16pts - no comp but won the game of Wolf
    Kooralbyn Valley - 94/88 (22 pts adjusted) even with 2 birdies - couldn't get in play off the tee and paid the penalty
    Pacific Harbour - 28pts - only wipes were on 3 of the par 3s - happy with the round otherwise
    Brookwater - 19pts - started well with a tap-in bogey and reg par on the difficult 2nd. Went full retard after that & couldn't hit the ball.
    Nudgee - 40pts (74) - finally put a round together, but still wasn't enough to win the day
    That Friday course must have been pretty unremarkable to have forgotten about it; it was clearly the worst of the seven courses anyway. I still need to do my glowing report on my rounds too.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    5 putts
    You make my six 3-putts today feel human.

That 11 is a thing of beauty, too. This might be my favourite scorecard ever.

Certainly was a day of highs and lows.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    That Friday course must have been pretty unremarkable to have forgotten about it; it was clearly the worst of the seven courses anyway. I still need to do my glowing report on my rounds too.
    #somuchgolf

I had to resist adding TopGolf, too
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    #noice
    There's a 4-putt thread (which can be used for 5 putts), and a moose thread. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Net 64 at Wynnum today, off the back of my 43 points at Pacific on Monday. Feels good to finally hit some things in the correct general direction-ish.

Positives, for AndyP:
    - Mid and long irons were excellent. Stiffing a 5i 180m to 10ft on the 15th into a very stiff breeze was fantastic.
    - Keeping up with the single markers (7) and scratch-ish markers (1) in my group off the stick for a fair stretch. Was only 3 and 4 shots behind them off the stick in the end.
    - Finally getting par on the ****in' third hole after about ten attempts at it.

Negatives:
    - 2 x triple bogeys
    - 3 x 3 putts
    - 2 x shanks (in a row)
    - Hitting the ground before the ball for a 20ft eagle putt on 12 and came up 10ft short. Took par.
    - Chipping sucked 100% of the time. In fact everything inside 100m sucked. I am better with 7i in hand from 160 than I am with wedge from 60. I actually laid up to mid-iron lengths towards the end of the round as my confidence got worse, and it worked well.

After shooting 7 under and 6 under my handicap in two consecutive rounds, I should get a nice chop right in time for the champs just days away. Anti-sandbagger extraordinaire.
    Now known as HenNKo.

Senior Member Major Winner

Bit of a strange week at champs:

Wed - no exceptional golf, but managed to bunt it around for 35pts at Lakelands. Driving and long game good. Irons toilet.

Thursday AM: played awefully at Tambourine Mountain. nothing to be taken from it except the stop at Fudge heaven for a delightful rocky road fudge.
    Thursday PM: - again just bunting along until a tincup moment on 17 saw a 14 on the card. 104/85 in the Kooralbyn back marker challenge. Driving and long game decent. Irons toilet.

Friday - RQ for the first time. Started slow. Got on the Par train nailing some good long hybrid shots into 3, 5 and 6. Only 27pts though. Played a number of holes out of position off the tee really hurt.

Saturday - Pac Harbour in a decent wind. Started slow with a wipe on 2, but again just bunted it around and kept it in play. Sunk a great double breaking 30 footer for Kaaka on 7. Also managed an easy par on 17 - by putting in from off the fringe. 33pts and a flag. Also enjoyed the few #wockas launched by Mr Bluu

Sunday - Brookwater, more of the same. Just bunted it around, made a number of good up and downs, and didnt loose any balls to come in with 32 points and another flag.

Monday - Nudgee. Bunt bunt bunt for 37pts. Channeled my in Philly Mick with my 58deg PM wedge - chipping in a lovely bird from down beside the lake on 25th hole. Also happy to know Shaz now rivals me in driving length now I am just bunting it.

Highlights of the week - number of excellent 4w / 3h / 4h into greens in reg. Wedge game returning. Great bunker play when not plugged in the faces. Somehow winning.
    Lowlights of the week - hitting 200m drives all week. Still can't flush irons.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

15/09/2018, Pacific Harbour GC, Qld OZgolf Champs Rd 1.

Since I was injured, and was told by the physio not to play, I saved myself all week for the weekend. By hitting only a few balls on the driving range, I figured out that a full driver swing hurt, but irons seemed to be okay (at that stage).

With low expectations, I took it nice and easy on the first hole, and somehow got a birdie (the only one of the weekend). For most of the front nine, I was trying to find a swing/bunt that I could hit consistently, but it just wasn't happening. I did manage to pull out a full swing for one of our NTPs though.

While, I had trouble walking on the back nine, I was able to hit a full swing with minimal pain, so I went with it, and played better. There were some particularly nice drives in there. The short game was surprisingly good, since I hadn't played for a couple of months too.

Score: bBXXXBPPX BPXPPBBBX 47-45-92 (Par 36-36-72)

16/09/2018, Brookwater GC, Qld OZgolf Champs Rd 2.

I found that I was able to hit a full swing from the start at Brooky. With the wide fairways there, I barely missed one all day.

I set up some holes nicely, but I just couldn't convert them to a score by missing the target with the irons. The putting was pretty decent, but not enough one putts to keep the score down.

By the back nine, I must have been subconsciously protecting the injury, because I had lost distance out of my drives, and I was spraying things right. This made a long course even longer and tougher, and it was too much for my game.

Score: BBPXPBBBP PBBXBBBBX 45-47-92 (Par 36-36-72)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Stableford with Beaconhills today , 19/21 40 pts ,off 8 no birdies , no 3 putts , nine pars on the back nine ( 13 putts) fist time in two yrs I have beaten 36 pts and had more points on the back nine . Took the shaft out of my old R 15 and put it into the m2 this morning, didn’t think it was a good idea when I snap hooked on 5 and had a wipe . Cranked out a good drive on 7 th ( best one in 6 months ) good decision now . One wipe one 1 pointer all from bad chipping only real negatives coming second in “a” grade when I left , but won more money than the club prize in side bets so not really concerned.
    Last edited by Grumpy8; 20th September 2018 at 04:59 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Social club event at Cape Shank today.Bit windy,overcast and a bit cold but played well after the first 4 holes.I was 6 over after 4 holes but managed to settle into a either and play some good golf,once again though my putting numbers were high.

78 OTS
    35 putts
    39 points

Highlight of the day was my drive on the par 5 17th 455m.Hit it with a bit to much fade,caught the path,took a massive bounce forward and onto the down slope of the fareway,and had 152m left to the pin.Went from a wipe to a par with a lucky bounce.The drive also went about 300m

Stableford with Olinda at Beaconhills, 33 pts pretty ordinary , one birdie one wipe , struggled early stuffed up late .

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

34 pts around Kooindah today. Inconsistent as always, missed a 3 foot birdie putt on the 1st and the old putter didn’t get much better from there.

Hit it ok in general although fought the left side quite a bit with the longer sticks.

3 wipes (all on par 3’s) and 2 x 1 pointers.

Slowly learning my way around this track although I still get caught out being too tempted in having a crack at the par 5’s in two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
    34 pts around Kooindah today. Inconsistent as always, missed a 3 foot birdie putt on the 1st and the old putter didn’t get much better from there.

Hit it ok in general although fought the left side quite a bit with the longer sticks.

3 wipes (all on par 3’s) and 2 x 1 pointers.

Slowly learning my way around this track although I still get caught out being too tempted in having a crack at the par 5’s in two.
    Massive learning around there. Can go at 1 and 5 but not 10 or 8. Same with 15, there is so much more room to the right than you think there is, and it usually leaves a good chip. Aim right of the two bunkers.

34 not bad but with clubs you prob built the night before :P

Par comp at Beaconhills today , had a low flag dropping off so thought I could have a free hit and sneak out to 9 for Koth . Stuffed that up completely, now off 7 and didn’t even win the comp . Shot a 74 ots 39/35 ( 3 over on the front par on the back) +2/+3 or 41 pts . Only one - and that putt was one roll off going in , two birdies the 3 rd again and 14 th no doubles . Only 25 putts , didn’t hit the ball that well , kept getting up and down from everywhere

have to admit I am playing consistent golf each weekend....
    Played 32 points for both days the weekend before, and played 30 points both on Sunday and Monday....

I blame the bad scores on the last 2 games on cored greens at home course.... didnt even bother to read the greens, and just putt straight to the hole.... but most of the time I am way short even when I smash the putter

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

9 holes at Waterford Valley this arvo,with a mate and his mum.Testing the new shaft in the driver and the new 3 wood.Very happy with both purchases,found some.more length and tighter dispersion off the tee,and the 3 wood fits the gap between driver and 3 hybrid perfectly.
    Anyway,played very well,drove the par4 4th hole(massive tail wind)but unfortunately 3 putted.Made up for it on the 5th par3,with a 51degree wedge 115m to 1 foot and birdie putt sunk.

I managed 1 over for the 9 holes,mate was 3 over and his mum was 2 under,all OTS scores.His mum didn't miss a fairway and can putt,hits the driver 180m and has a bag with hybrids and wedges and knows how to use them.She lives and plays in WA somewhere and is over here to go to the GF,so was good to see her again for a warm up before she plays Woodlands tomorrow

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

First game for seven weeks. It is nice to see that this thread still exists.

I experienced most of the highs and lows of golf today for 32 points.

After 3 holes golf seemed the easiest game in the world. 1 under and striping it. A 3 putt double on 4 brought me back down to earth, and a double caused by a duffed chip on 8 sent me to the depths. A birdie on 11 followed by 3 good pars in a row and I was happy again. Then, after getting it onto the front of 16 in regulation, a putting disaster causes me to seek out a thread I haven't looked at for a couple of years. See you there.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Koth today at Beaconhills, how did I play ? Badly

KOTH
    127 Off the stick
    Poo, really really poo

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    KOTH127 Off the stickPoo, really really poo
    124 for me , started wit a par finished with two pars , had two birdies, Had a triple and a heap of doubles which killed my score . Slept well last night after walking 27 holes.

Thread Information