Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Member Teaching Pro

Played my second comp round since returning to the game.
    Had 35 points 15/20 8 fairways 8 greens 32 putts. made 2 birdies
    a couple of poor drives cost me but still pretty happy with the results

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Excellent post Andy but you forgot about 1 putts.
    I want to hear about the miracle recoveries to scrape in for the one point on a hole too.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

One of my playing partners four-jiggled from 15ft on Saturday. That was a positive.

I also played a side match-play and won with 4 holes to go, then had a horrible quadruple bogey 8 immediately after shaking hands. The bloke I beat said "NOW he does it" after every missed shot on that hole, which was also a positive, even if it did cost me a chance of playing to my handicap.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I want to hear about the miracle recoveries to scrape in for the one point on a hole too.
    That’s what I was talking about

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Wednesday medal. 42/42 nett 75. Best round in months.

It was 15 degrees so shorts weather, no wind and just a perfect September day.

The greens were magic again, as they have been all winter, and the course is starting to spring back to life.

No birdies. Lowlights were bladed gap wedge on 2 requiring a penalty drop and ended up a 7, and a similar experience with a bladed wedge on 14 ending with a 6.

It was a good warmup for the Yowani Open this weekend.
    Last edited by WBennett; 7th September 2018 at 07:56 AM.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Stableford at Beaconhills today 15/12 , positives , stiff shaft in driver was working by the end , tip from the pro might have helped in working out why I have been hitting irons fat .
    Nothing else good can be said about today

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Finally broke my handicap in a back marker comp. Played Windaroo today in the snake gully. Managed 86/71. Not happy with my putting right now, but the rest of my game seems to be coming together at last.
    G/L

Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Finally broke my handicap in a back marker comp. Played Windaroo today in the snake gully. Managed 86/71. Not happy with my putting right now, but the rest of my game seems to be coming together at last.
    How is windaroo these days ? Was a member there when the first nine was first developed back in about ‘84/85 , was good fun playing snake gully twice. Well done on breaking your cap off the back tees .

Net 64 at Wynnum today, off the back of my 43 points at Pacific on Monday. Feels good to finally hit some things in the correct general direction-ish.

Positives, for AndyP:
    - Mid and long irons were excellent. Stiffing a 5i 180m to 10ft on the 15th into a very stiff breeze was fantastic.
    - Keeping up with the single markers (7) and scratch-ish markers (1) in my group off the stick for a fair stretch. Was only 3 and 4 shots behind them off the stick in the end.
    - Finally getting par on the ****in' third hole after about ten attempts at it.

Negatives:
    - 2 x triple bogeys
    - 3 x 3 putts
    - 2 x shanks (in a row)
    - Hitting the ground before the ball for a 20ft eagle putt on 12 and came up 10ft short. Took par.
    - Chipping sucked 100% of the time. In fact everything inside 100m sucked. I am better with 7i in hand from 160 than I am with wedge from 60. I actually laid up to mid-iron lengths towards the end of the round as my confidence got worse, and it worked well.

After shooting 7 under and 6 under my handicap in two consecutive rounds, I should get a nice chop right in time for the champs just days away. Anti-sandbagger extraordinaire.

Great stuff, henno.

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    After shooting 7 under and 6 under my handicap in two consecutive rounds, I should get a nice chop right in time for the champs just days away. Anti-sandbagger extraordinaire.
    I won Monthly Medal the week before winning Vic Champs; you're odds are dropping to Richmond levels.

benno_r will need to apply a special OZgolf handicap to you for the Champs. Putting Ferrins in your group to get inside your head should be enough of a handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    you're odds
    You are.

Wow! How the **** did I do that? I’ll blame emotional distress.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    How is windaroo these days ? Was a member there when the first nine was first developed back in about ‘84/85 , was good fun playing snake gully twice. Well done on breaking your cap off the back tees .
    It was in really good nick, fairways and greens best I have seen there I have seen there in a while
    G/L

33 points around Albury this morning

Tuff cored greens

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Monthly medal today at Reddy Bay. Gusty wind and a damp course made for an interesting round. 87/70, currently 3rd in B Grade. Had 2 x 3 putts but only 29 putts all up. 8/14 fairways. 3 greens in reg, but quite a few just off. Sand save on 16. Binned a monster slider on 6 for a bird, coming off the top tier to a pin at the bottom of the hill. was 20' coming back if it missed.

Got a played to 17 dropping off, this will replace it, probably drop a little coming into the champs.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Yowani Open round 1

90 nett 81

Two brain dead triples and an even worse quad was the difference between a good and appalling day.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

The Top 16 (gross) from our Club Champs go into a Matchplay knockout series, and seeing as I finished 8th I played against the 9th place guy this morning. We started with a pair of innocuous bogies on 10, but then he reeled off 3 straight birdies to jump ahead. A couple of dumb bogies from me saw me down by 5 at the turn, even with a birdie on 18 (only good enough for a half). My opposition was -3 off the beater at that point. I made a cracking birdie from the trees on 1 to get the honour back and nearly followed it with another on 2. I then won 4 after he blocked his drive into the trees and I was building momentum. That was halted on 6 when I missed a 3ft eagle putt () which would have got me back to 2 down. We halved in birdies again and I found myself dormie with 3 to play. I hit a slight pull on 7 and found the creek and it was all over 4/2.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

35 pts today in Olinda’s comp at Beaconhills 18/17 . Positives :- it was a four ball aggregate and my partner had 39 pts so we jagged a win , my score flagged but my handicap didn’t move , the two 3 putts I had on 17,18 th did no harm . Can’t think of anything else good except the weather was great for a change

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

28 points with Olinda today.My short game is killing me at the moment

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

33 points today. A bit of rain during the round but not too bad.

Got shafted by a few trees today but made a few good putts.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

First handicap card at Tanilba Bay GC, shot 75 Par 72. Expectations were very low as this was my 4th game in 4 years, also running new bats, so happy with the score.Made a dumb double and bogies, mixed in with some good birdies and few missed short putts.Had a great day, glad to be amongst it again!
    Last edited by Minor_Threat; 8th September 2018 at 07:05 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Net 64 at Wynnum today, off the back of my 43 points at Pacific on Monday. Feels good to finally hit some things in the correct general direction-ish.Positives, for AndyP:- Mid and long irons were excellent. Stiffing a 5i 180m to 10ft on the 15th into a very stiff breeze was fantastic.- Keeping up with the single markers (7) and scratch-ish markers (1) in my group off the stick for a fair stretch. Was only 3 and 4 shots behind them off the stick in the end.- Finally getting par on the ****in' third hole after about ten attempts at it.Negatives:- 2 x triple bogeys- 3 x 3 putts- 2 x shanks (in a row)- Hitting the ground before the ball for a 20ft eagle putt on 12 and came up 10ft short. Took par.- Chipping sucked 100% of the time. In fact everything inside 100m sucked. I am better with 7i in hand from 160 than I am with wedge from 60. I actually laid up to mid-iron lengths towards the end of the round as my confidence got worse, and it worked well.After shooting 7 under and 6 under my handicap in two consecutive rounds, I should get a nice chop right in time for the champs just days away. Anti-sandbagger extraordinaire.
    That’s awesome playing Henno. What are you playing off at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Minor_Threat View Post
    First handicap card at Tanilba Bay GC, shot 75 Par 72. Expectations were very low as this was my 4th game in 4 years, also running new bats, so happy with the score.Made a dumb double and bogies, mixed in with some good birdies and few missed short putts.Had a great day, glad to be amongst it again!
    Wow! Great score! 👏

Hit 10 GIR and had 40+ putts today. I have no feel. Tried putting looking at the hole last couple of holes and managed to 2 putt them.

It’s the long lag putts that get me. It’s like I have the yips with the long putts and rush them way past the hole or flub them 6 feet short. 😩

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    What are you playing off at the moment?
    Still lots, but deservingly so as I try to remember how to play.
    Have dropped two shots from 20 to 18 this week.

Thread Information