Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Stroke comp with Olinda at Beaconhills, 2 nd round of the 3 man teams event . 38/39 =77 nett 68 (39 pts) . Won the day, won the individual for the two days , won the teams event by 12 shots . Today’s round 6 pars 3 bogies first nine , 4 pars four bogies one birdie second nine . No doubles which meant no wipes , one 3 putt , one penalty shot . Driver wasn’t great but scrambled all day . Even the birdie was from in the trees .
    Well played,conditions were good for scoring today.

I played the same event,had the first round lead but didnt manage a good round today,and my playing partners aren't playing their best golf at the moment either.

Had 85/74 today,once again struggled with my short game and cost myself 6 shots with bad chipping.Had 3 birdie chances shave the hole,but the 18th summed it up.On for 3 after getting out of the trees,5 foot putt for par ended up 3 putts for 6 and no points.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

79/70 in our clubs open yesterday. Birdied the first then had 3 x 3putt bogey. Was 7 over after 6, played the last 12 in even. Should be good enough for a new low cap.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Pair of 86’s on the weekend, highlights include 3 triples today, 2 triples and a quad yesterday.

I’m actually hitting the ball really well I just keep short siding myself and my short game has been putrid. Putting has been good and has saved me plenty of times.

Lost a wedge up a fig tree to to really emphasise how awesome my short game is.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Final round of the Club Champs today. I'm nothing if not consistent.... another 80.

I started poorly (bogey-double-par-bogey), but scrambled hard to par the remaining 5 holes. A couple of early birdies on the second nine & I was back in the box seat, but it all came crashing down with a triple on the last thanks to another disaster in a frikkin' bunker.

I'll finish on exactly 320. I won't win any prizes, but I'm fairly confident I'll qualify for the Top 16 matchplay (which was my goal from the start).
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Finally had a decent round.. putting was good and 4 off drives but playable.
    played 42/46 with 1 blowned hole and 3 lipped putt ended the day with 37 points.

Putting was much better today which helps a little compare to the last few weeks of heartache

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Bit of a jeckel/hyde weekend. Friday I went to Wynnum for the back plate with Henno, Daves and Ferrins. Had some issues and was not playing particularly well, although I did manage a few half decent shots. Unfortunately had to bail after 15. Was always going to be close and I was hoping for a 4 - 4.5 hour round, but it was not to be.

Saturday played despite predictions of huge downpours that never eventuated. 38 points. 7 Pars and 4 doubles. 31 putts with 2x3putts. Only hit 3 greens, and none on the back 9. But improving and the handicap is moving the correct way. Due to the smallish saturday field from the rain that didn't come (some softcocks at reddy bay) I didn't even get a ball in the rundown ....

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Bit of a jeckel/hyde weekend. Friday I went to Wynnum for the back plate with Henno, Daves and Ferrins. Had some issues and was not playing particularly well, although I did manage a few half decent shots. Unfortunately had to bail after 15. Was always going to be close and I was hoping for a 4 - 4.5 hour round, but it was not to be.

Saturday played despite predictions of huge downpours that never eventuated. 38 points. 7 Pars and 4 doubles. 31 putts with 2x3putts. Only hit 3 greens, and none on the back 9. But improving and the handicap is moving the correct way. Due to the smallish saturday field from the rain that didn't come (some softcocks at reddy bay) I didn't even get a ball in the rundown ....
    The field was actually about normal size. But they had the 1st round of the matchplay on, so those that played in it weren't in the comp results.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    The field was actually about normal size. But they had the 1st round of the matchplay on, so those that played in it weren't in the comp results.
    Ah that makes more sense. The morning field was definitely small though, the carpark was not even half full.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Ah that makes more sense. The morning field was definitely small though, the carpark was not even half full.
    I think that was because of the Matchplay. Normal morning players who played the Matchplay had to play at set times in the afternoon. The afternoon field was actually pretty full. We didn't tee off till after midday.

Stableford at Beaconhills today , 19/12 , off 8 , usual crap on the back nine , haven’t birdied 5 th all year , did it sat and again today stupid frkn game .

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

It's September.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    It's September.

Blog Entries

True

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI