Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Default Interesting Golf Youtube Channels

Sure we have talked about this before, but I can't find the thread so I thought I'd start another one.

What good golf Youtube channels do you follow? A lot of people are probably familiar with the big three British channels of Rick Shiels, Peter Finch and Mark Crossfield, but here are a few others I enjoy watching:

- Aussie Golf Reviewer (based in Qld, but travels around a bit)
    - No Laying Up (American, but have just released a series of entertaining vids about a trip to Victoria and Tassie)
    - Cartbarnguys (American)
    - Fried Eggs Golf (American, but has a great sense of humour)
    - Tour Experience Golf (Canadian - goes into equipment in a big way and very informative)
    - Teeuplo featuring the Average Golfer (Brit)
    - Michael Newton Golf (Brit)
    - AliTaylor Golf (Brit)
    - GolfBox Reviews (Brit based in Perth - hits the ball a mile)

There are others more orientated towards teaching (e.g. Meandmygolf, Fitzygolfpro, Improvemygolf, Shawn Clement, Monty Scheinblum etc).

Any other recommendations?

Banned

I follow fried aggs golf on Instagram. Didn't know they had a you tube channel. Will definitely look them up.

Other than that, I'm generally just a Crossfield watcher with a dusting of the other 2 main guys you mentioned. Actually find Shiels quite annoying so generally try to avoid his stuff.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Fried Eggs Golf
    Mark Crossfield (more of his golf course vlogs than club fitting ones)

These two are the only ones I really follow. Shall look up the others.
    Last edited by wazamac; 11th July 2018 at 09:01 AM.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Not sure it’s a you tube channel but I use the PGA (US) coaching tips , have just fixed my chipping problems using one of their drills

If you like course vlogs, I'll give a plug to Aussie Golf Reviewer (never met him). He focuses primarily on Queensland courses, but gets out and about a bit. As with everything, some vids are much better than others, but they are generally OK and show off courses I haven't seen.

Also, definitely check out the current 'Tourist Sauce' series by No Laying Up. A group of US guys (including tour pro Zac Blair) playing the Melbourne Sandbelt with a quick jaunt across to Barnbougle.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Golfholics from the US on Youtube always make a pretty cool course vlog.
    G/L

I liked Rick Shiels when he had the average golfer guy to hit some clubs (crashtestnobby?) as I find he tends to just smash the ball everywhere but straight.... was pretty funny when he played absolutely crap during one of their comp game not long ago...

some channels not yet mentioned which I follow: (yeah I watch alot)

- Golf with Aimee
    - Peter Finch Golf
    - Meandmygolf (wife really thinks these guys are a couple... )
    - Top Speed Golf
    - Golf Sidekick
    - ChrisRyanGolf
    - Smash Factor Golf Coash
    - Hacker to single figures
    - Golfalot
    - Jerry's Golf Gems is good for perving at Korean female golfers compilation

These are the channels I subscribe to and mainly watch. So handy with smart TVs these days. Golfholics is fantastic - it’s a bit more under the radar than the others.

- Skratch
    - No Laying Up
    - Golfholics
    - Golfing World
    - PGA Tour
    - Mark Crossfield
    - Rick Shiels
    - USGA
    - The Masters
    - The Open
    - The R&A
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ KuroKage TiNi Silver 60
    Titleist 917 F2 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75 S
    TaylorMade TP UDI 20* w/ KuroKage 70 S graphite
    Mizuno MP-4 4-PW w/ Project X Rifle 6.0
    SM5 Vokey 50* F Grind & 54* F Grind
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

I enjoy watching Golfholics for the picture quality they record in. Makes the US courses look incredible. Probably to many UK golf vlogs on Youtube but still enjoy crossfield, finch, shiels, buzza & now pickard.

Senior Member Major Winner

Golfoholics is probably my fav. Their quality is awesome, and they play pretty well.

Used to to watch a lot of Aussie Golf Reviewer, but gone off it a bit now he is replaying tracks I have already seen.

Is it just me, or does Mark Crossfield seem like he is on the spectrum?

Out of nowhere completely lost his load at Rory about calling his shots on the last vlog - seemed so bizarre how that all transpired

Have to admit that I have gone off Crossfield recently. Too many of his videos now seem to be about showing how much smarter he is than everyone else, and if anyone disagrees, they are demeaned. 'Coach' and Dan seem to be willing to put up with him constantly undermining them, but it has just started grating. His whole dummy spit over Taylor Made was actually pretty amusing for a short while, but he is still carrying on about it, which shows just how butt-hurt he actually was.

Rick Shiels also went off the straight and narrow for a while, but seems to be more on track recently.

Fried Eggs Golf take on P790:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_1AoeUxTWM

No Laying Up's Trip to Australia (Part 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x90o8J8cQy8
    Last edited by Stuart; 13th July 2018 at 09:58 AM.

I think Crossfield has the best produced vlogs in terms of filming everything go to woe (literally) and when he's on script he's bearable but I agree he comes across as completely obnoxious and a full on bully when things aren't going his way. On the spectrum? I thinks so TC.

I'd like Aussie Golf Reviewer to play outside of Queensland more and as for Richo, all I can say is "beaudiful!".

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Pan View Post
    I think Crossfield has the best produced vlogs in terms of filming everything go to woe (literally) and when he's on script he's bearable but I agree he comes across as completely obnoxious and a full on bully when things aren't going his way. On the spectrum? I thinks so TC.

I'd like Aussie Golf Reviewer to play outside of Queensland more and as for Richo, all I can say is "beaudiful!".
    Don't mind AGR, his old man has a very wacky swing

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Pan View Post

I watch Crossfield's stuff but find him grating after a while for some reason. I can't put my finger on it but he is only bearable in small doses. I am sure half of Ozgolf says the same of me, so the irony is not lost on me there.

As for Alan and Richo from Brisbane Golf Course Reviewer Aussie Golf Reviewer, I love the unpolished nature of it for some reason. It makes me feel like I am playing the course with a few blokes on a normal weekend and you can really picture yourself in that moment, warts and all. I dig it. Plus, they only made the change from 'Brisbane' to 'Aussie' semi-recently so I am ok with the local tracks, but you are right in that they should start spreading their wings as far as their budget will stretch.... which might not be far.

Watching Rick Shiels hit golf balls out of the living room of the hotel onto the 18th at Carnoustie just doesn't draw me in as much... although I still watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Is it just me, or does Mark Crossfield seem like he is on the spectrum?
    For what its worth (not much), I am a psychologist who has spent the past twenty five years working with people with intellectual disability, autism, aspergers etc. My take is that Crossfield being a dick is not synonymous with being "on the spectrum".

The Tour Experience Golf guys look at how much difference changing the shaft versus changing the head makes in reducing driver spin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VknJcSRoYrw

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    The Tour Experience Golf guys look at how much difference changing the shaft versus changing the head makes in reducing driver spin

I haven't clicked on the video, but let me guess....

... it's all in the head.

... then the swing.

... then daylight.

... then the shaft?

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post

I watched up until the part where they said they were only trying one shaft in each head. Is this what they ended up doing?

watched a few of the TXG videos and always seems to drift off and gets bored with it...
    I
    liked the older crossfields videos but I agree the recent ones seems to start to get a little annoying.

George Gankas Golf.... that is the sh#t right there. Instagram is good also.

Golf Smart Academy... Tyler knows his stuff as good as any

Both very good.

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    I watch Crossfield's stuff but find him grating after a while for some reason. I can't put my finger on it but he is only bearable in small doses. I am sure half of Ozgolf says the same of me, so the irony is not lost on me there.
    Ha, yeah basically my thoughts exactly. I find his videos entertaining and watch more of them than any others im subscribed to. But just something about Crossfield seems off all the time.

I find the problem with Mark is he knows what he talks about and he knows that most of the golf community don't. But he doesn't delivery this information in a diplomatic or helpful way. More of a, here's the numbers, your wrong, deal with it. You can see from his coaching style that he's very quick to tell people why and how they are wrong and doens't beat around the bush with it.

Now for me personally, i can see past the attitude and would actually appreciate a coach like that. But i understand why a lot of people don't like it and don't like him because of it.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

The 'Adventures In Golf' series by Erik Anders Lang on the Skratch channel is some of the best golfing viewing around IMO.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by dee cee View Post
    George Gankas Golf.... that is the sh#t right there. Instagram is good also.Golf Smart Academy... Tyler knows his stuff as good as anyBoth very good.
    George is a swing genius.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    George is a swing genius.
    Just be aware that he’s not associated with GGSwingtips anymore.

You’re right though, he’s awesome.

Thread Information