Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Just be aware that he’s not associated with GGSwingtips anymore. You’re right though, he’s awesome.
    Yeah, what’s the go there? Someone else owns ggswingtips and they had a fall out? That’s where all the good content is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yeah, what’s the go there? Someone else owns ggswingtips and they had a fall out? That’s where all the good content is.
    I can find a podcast where he briefly talks about it. Basically he got talked into starting the channel then the subscription site and it was going well, he and his partner had a minor disagreement about the direction it was heading and behind George’s back the guy went and bought GGSwingtips.com.

In the meantime he has become so popular/busy that he is only now starting to put more YouTube content up under George Gankas Golf.

I really like his thoughts on the golf swing, its simple to understand even though he talks super-technical and often really fast- the basics are easy to implement.

https://youtu.be/Rtc6fTv8ogA

Yes they are, just need to get the lower half firing
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

This is how you do a club review..

"Why would you hit it again?"

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    I can find a podcast where he briefly talks about it. Basically he got talked into starting the channel then the subscription site and it was going well, he and his partner had a minor disagreement about the direction it was heading and behind George’s back the guy went and bought GGSwingtips.com.In the meantime he has become so popular/busy that he is only now starting to put more YouTube content up under George Gankas Golf.I really like his thoughts on the golf swing, its simple to understand even though he talks super-technical and often really fast- the basics are easy to implement.https://youtu.be/Rtc6fTv8ogA
    I listened to the podcast today. Hope George gets some content up so I don’t have to watch ggswingtips... 😉

I listened to the podcast today. Hope George gets some content up so I don’t have to watch ggswingtips...
    His Instagram is full of great stuff.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

I'm with Courty, Adventures in Golf is a great watch and nowhere near the serious side like most other channels. Erik is a legend, and just wants to play golf, it's awesome.

No Laying Up definitely the funniest of the lot though, the podcast is unreal.
    WITB:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-6 with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Mizuno MP20 Blade 7-P with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Vokey SM7 50/08, 54/10, 60/08. 50deg in DG X100, 54deg & 60deg in S300.
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist ProV1

Not a channel but just watched this video. Wow ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zodrcuCHh3Q

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    I'm with Courty, Adventures in Golf is a great watch and nowhere near the serious side like most other channels. Erik is a legend, and just wants to play golf, it's awesome.

No Laying Up definitely the funniest of the lot though, the podcast is unreal.
    Its good to see the variety in channels / podcasts out there now. I really enjoy the No Laying Up guys and Adventures in Golf, but clearly others prefer Golfholics (which I think are OK, but don't love) or something else instead. Same for Shiels, Crossfield or Finch. Everyone should be able to find something that fits their tastes and interests. I tend to watch these while exercising on the treadmill, and they are able to distract me from that mind-numbing boredom ...

Not a channel but just watched this video. Wow ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zodrcuCHh3Q
    That was an awesome video, Jono.

Rocco is such a likeable guy, it annoys me at all of the pretend toffee-nosed seppos taking shots at him while he's leading the US Open: "He looks like the guy that cleans Tiger's pool." and "Surely guys named 'Rocco' don't get their name on this trophy."

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    I haven't clicked on the video, but let me guess.... ... it's all in the head.... then the swing.... then daylight.... then the shaft?
    Apologies for not responding to this earlier - just missed it.I probably didn’t do a good job of explaining the video. They had been asked in a previous video how much difference you would see by combining a high spin head with low spin shaft versus a low spin head and high spin shaft (ie getting the two components to counter each other).The idea wasn’t to try and argue that a shaft would have more of an impact than the head, as i think that most people know that isn’t the case, but rather what differences you could see if you had an existing head or shaft you liked and wanted to pair it with something different.

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    That was an awesome video, Jono.Rocco is such a likeable guy, it annoys me at all of the pretend toffee-nosed seppos taking shots at him while he's leading the US Open: "He looks like the guy that cleans Tiger's pool." and "Surely guys named 'Rocco' don't get their name on this trophy."
    Rocco made that video special, IMO.Yeah, Johnny Miller says some stupid things. I think he was trying to praise Rocco but it came out all wrong. 😂

I really enjoy "Golf Sidekick" Channel. Videos are simple and done for average players to get better. Not too technical and easy to understand. Guys is pretty funny and doesn't take himself too seriously like some of the other channels

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCae...xekbGUDPKhoU-A

A quick bump for the Erik Anders Lang series in Scotland. More really good stuff - he does come across as a bit of a LA pretentious wanker at times, but generally it is of high quality and good viewing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    he does come across as a bit of a LA pretentious wanker
    He wasn't talking about strategic golf course architecture at the time was he?

Junior Member Plays with an ex-hire set

Spend waaay too much time watching the TXG guys (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDd...TZ9HuEnkGdPkCQ).

This means the knowledge I have is far greater than I'll ever be able to implement on my actual game! But definitely a must for golf nerds out there...

Junior Member Plays with an ex-hire set

Also love some of the content Mizuno put up with Luke Donald and esp Nick Faldo - Faldo would be a hoot to have a round with, seems like a genuine bloke who would tell you how it is and not try to be politically correct

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

In his playing days he would not have said a word to you!
    Gamers
    Ping G430 Max10K 9* Driver with Accra TZ6 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    Tour Edge C721 19* Hybrid with KBS Tour 80 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    A quick bump for the Erik Anders Lang series in Scotland. More really good stuff - he does come across as a bit of a LA pretentious wanker at times, but generally it is of high quality and good viewing.
    Agreed - I follow him on Instagram and he comes across at pretentious in a lot of his stories, but could be a US thing He makes up for it in the Youtube vids though which look great. I got onto him through his Aussie series where he plays the Nullarbor. He was in NZ last week so would expect some vids of that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bundalo View Post
    I really enjoy "Golf Sidekick" Channel. Videos are simple and done for average players to get better. Not too technical and easy to understand. Guys is pretty funny and doesn't take himself too seriously like some of the other channels

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCae...xekbGUDPKhoU-A
    I like this guy too. He has given me some ideas on better management around the course, although some of the maxims aren't quite right. Whaddaplaya!
    The secret of golf it to turn three shots in two. - Bobby Jones

A tale of golfing mediocrity

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Yes this was an amazing video from EAL

Great to hear with Tara Iti you can get on the course with a nice letter from your club. Only once though without a member

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Yes this was an amazing video from EAL

Great to hear with Tara Iti you can get on the course with a nice letter from your club. Only once though without a member
    The best part is the megabux mandatory accommodation charges you have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    The best part is the megabux mandatory accommodation charges you have to pay.
    Speaking from experience? if so how was it?

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Speaking from experience? if so how was it?
    Nah, I would pay the green fee, but not the accommodation fee.

I played 11 rounds in NZ last year on other tracks, including car and accommodation. That entire trip was cheaper than 1 night at Tara Iti.

Thread Information