Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WDYSTM - July

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default WDYSTM - July

Beaconhills today , did the Jekyll n Hyde act again, 21/12 , nothing but 2 n 3 pointers front nine even with missing two short putts nearly holed out on the 6 th ( 10 cms ) . Back nine complete opposite, two one pointers, three wipes more 3 putts, terrible drives but still managed a birdie . Not sure what I was playing on the back 9 but it wasn’t golf

Beaconhills again today , 18 pts after 8 holes then two 3 putt wipes ,14 pts last 8 holes, putting was crap , missed a heap of easy putts

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Wet weather golf today for monthly medal,had 4 3 putts in the swimming pools,drove the ball like a king and missed almost every green.Picked up NTP on 6th at about 2 meters,unfortunately above the hole and missed birdie putt.
    88/77 stroke
    38 putts
    30 points

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Wet weather golf today for monthly medal,had 4 3 putts in the swimming pools,drove the ball like a king and missed almost every green.Picked up NTP on 6th at about 2 meters,unfortunately above the hole and missed birdie putt.88/77 stroke38 putts30 points
    I looked at the weather app at 10 am , daily max of 7 ,strong winds and rain . Thought they would cancel it , was staying home either way .

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Tripled 17 and bogeyed 18 for 79 nett 76 in the black tee stroke medal.

Guess it was a tough day as i scored the win and only one to break 80. Still annoyed at the triple.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

First round of the FNQ Open at Gordonvale GC.

Started really average with 3 doubles on the front, mainly due to short game and putting.

Birdied the 9th after lipping out an eagle putt, had a 10ft eagle putt on 10 that resulted in a 3putt par and that was that. Basically held on to avoid any further damage. Keen to play well tomorrow, haven’t had a really good round there before.

82/77

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    I looked at the weather app at 10 am , daily max of 7 ,strong winds and rain . Thought they would cancel it , was staying home either way .
    Wasn't to bad,wind wasn't overly strong,rain came and went all day and wasn't all that cold.Their was a lot of water everywhere which made putting fun.I actually putted with my 7 iron on 27th after I already had 3 , 3 putts.

Wasn't to bad,wind wasn't overly strong,rain came and went all day and wasn't all that cold.Their was a lot of water everywhere which made putting fun.I actually putted with my 7 iron on 27th after I already had 3 , 3 putts.
    I would have thought 27 would drain , 22 and a few others would have been worse

I would have thought 27 would drain , 22 and a few others would have been worse
    I hit front,on by 1 meter,pin 2/3rds back.Water across my path due to rain.22nd was ok,26 was WET

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    Tripled 17 and bogeyed 18 for 79 nett 76 in the black tee stroke medal.

Guess it was a tough day as i scored the win and only one to break 80. Still annoyed at the triple.
    #playa

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    First round of the FNQ Open at Gordonvale GC.

Started really average with 3 doubles on the front, mainly due to short game and putting.

Birdied the 9th after lipping out an eagle putt, had a 10ft eagle putt on 10 that resulted in a 3putt par and that was that. Basically held on to avoid any further damage. Keen to play well tomorrow, haven’t had a really good round there before.

82/77

Round 2 today. Played much better tee to green. Both birdies were 2 putts, good chances for eagle.

2 doubles
    2 birdies

76/71

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

29 Points at Pacific today. Played the first nine (back nine) well with 17 but wheels fell off for only 12 coming home.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Beaconhills today 6 deg at 11 am , sun came out and we made it to 9 . Usual stableford comp , 33 pts 19/14, no wipes , technically no 3 putts , at least 4 three putts from the fringe , 3 in a row on 14,15,16 . Bogies on last 5 holes killed what could have been a good score .

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

My first round for a few weeks, mainly due to weather-related factors. So I wasn't expecting great things, but I got great things. 40 points was the result, and it was one of the best rounds of golf I have ever played.

90% of NSW is in drought, but we have been getting lots of regular rain, so the course is more than a bit wet. Not much run means for me some long par 4's are out of reach, so I actually only missed one green that I could reach due to a poor shot. I did go over the back three times due to unpredictable bounces and hitting the ball 'too well'. Everything was really good today.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Well played Jim

Managed a game at Atherton today with some mates which only strengthens my desire to play their Open. I’ll leave the below graphic to explain the main influence on today’s round.

33points- with two birdies and 4 wipes. The bag today was D, 3w, 3hy, 5, 7, 9, 54, P.

Played with Olinda g c today at Beaconhills, lakes course , 16/19 = 35 pts , didn’t hit the ball that well . Wasted shots on and around the greens , off to find a Sam putting lab

Played with Olinda g c today at Beaconhills, lakes course , 16/19 = 35 pts , didn’t hit the ball that well . Wasted shots on and around the greens , off to find a Sam putting lab
    Greens will be a bit ordinary on the lakes course now till summer,they cored them to late and then chopped a frost.Once you get into the hills front putting becomes as much luck as it does good skills until you get the speed again
    Something I do every night at home is practice my 4 foot putts.Made a huge difference to my confidence on the short putts

Greens will be a bit ordinary on the lakes course now till summer,they cored them to late and then chopped a frost.Once you get into the hills front putting becomes as much luck as it does good skills until you get the speed againSomething I do every night at home is practice my 4 foot putts.Made a huge difference to my confidence on the short putts
    I missed 3 short par putts first three holes , left two short and lipped the other one , all not hit hard enough , lakes greens are slower and they had dew on them as well . They are slowly recovering is only 27 th that still has sand visible and I left a birdie putt in the jaws there too . I struggle going from the quicker hills greens , just can’t get my head around hitting the putts about 10% harder . I three putted hills no 7 but that was my fault not the greens . Am in the process of a slight tweak to my putting so that’s causing some of it

I missed 3 short par putts first three holes , left two short and lipped the other one , all not hit hard enough , lakes greens are slower and they had dew on them as well . They are slowly recovering is only 27 th that still has sand visible and I left a birdie putt in the jaws there too . I struggle going from the quicker hills greens , just can’t get my head around hitting the putts about 10% harder . I three putted hills no 7 but that was my fault not the greens . Am in the process of a slight tweak to my putting so that’s causing some of it
    Yeah putting on the lakes course can do your head in.They look fast but aren't.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Monthly medal at Queenscliff on Saturday (delayed by a week due to weather). 85 off the stick, 67 nett off 18, for the win! Those of you who were at the Vic Champs may have heard the club VP say that I have a reputation for turning up on stroke days in full bushranger mode, and this will no doubt lead to another 5 years of "What are you doing here, it's not medal day!" every time I walk into the clubhouse.

I'm coming off about 5 months of awful snap-hookery, and in the last month or two I finally started getting the ball under control so I knew a good score was on the way with my cap blown way out. Flushed it early and shot 40 on the front 9 before I started getting a little bit wayward, but I got away with plenty on the way home. 2 pars from the adjacent fairway, topped a ball sideways on one hole that finished 20cm outside a water hazard, and managed to get up and down quite a few times to save the score.

Lost a shot off the handicap, which is good because I wasn't too far off my anchor back in May. Nice to be coming back into form, even if I'm really just reaping the harvest from a season of unintentional farming.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

30 points yesty.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    Monthly medal at Queenscliff on Saturday (delayed by a week due to weather). 85 off the stick, 67 nett off 18, for the win! Those of you who were at the Vic Champs may have heard the club VP say that I have a reputation for turning up on stroke days in full bushranger mode, and this will no doubt lead to another 5 years of "What are you doing here, it's not medal day!" every time I walk into the clubhouse. I'm coming off about 5 months of awful snap-hookery, and in the last month or two I finally started getting the ball under control so I knew a good score was on the way with my cap blown way out. Flushed it early and shot 40 on the front 9 before I started getting a little bit wayward, but I got away with plenty on the way home. 2 pars from the adjacent fairway, topped a ball sideways on one hole that finished 20cm outside a water hazard, and managed to get up and down quite a few times to save the score.Lost a shot off the handicap, which is good because I wasn't too far off my anchor back in May. Nice to be coming back into form, even if I'm really just reaping the harvest from a season of unintentional farming.
    Well done Longy.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Well done, Larry.

Must have got some good advice from Grunt, when they caught up at the kayaking.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Had a social 9 at Waterford Valley this arvo.Bloody windy and the greens,well they need some repair from all the pitch Mark's but otherwise the course is pretty good.On the first and mate smacks his drive straight up the middle,other mate pretty close,and I followed as well.That set the mood and we all played some solid golf,but reading a putt was tough.Actually I think we just read what wasn't their,because most of them went dead straight.

I finished 2 over 38 off the stick,dropped shots on 6 and 7,sank a 25 footer on 9 for par that felt pretty good.

6 of 7 fairways,driver was on song.Even hit a low draw up 7 into the teeth of a howler,measured it out at 202m,pretty happy with that.The missed fairway was off by 1 foot,coincidently my drive up 7.

I think 5 of 9 greens

16 putts

Thread Information