Having been working on my swing for the driver over the last few months, and seem to have worked to a consistent swing hitting fairly straight and seem to hit the balls mostly in the middle of the club face.
I am now back to my M1 10.5 with the AD TP 6S shaft with a SS of around 95-100; Ball flight is still launching it high, but not as high as before, with minimal roll.
Went down to Golf box yesterday with the M1 to compare with different drivers; Have hit a Rogue SZ, the G400 Max and the 917D2 all with stock stiff shafts and 10.5; TBH, the results were all pretty much similar to each other with the G400Max being the most consistent straight, then the M1, 917 and Rogue SZ.
The thing that I took away from the trail was:
- My smash factor is pretty low (seem to be less than or around 1.4) even when I am hitting the center of the face.
- my Spin numbers seems to be around 2600rpm with the highest around 3000 with the G400.
- My carry distance is about 200M and roll to around 215M (longest was 225M with the G400 but with a slight draw)
- my Lateral angle is around 18* (Guy at GB said it looks like my AoA was still hitting down at the ball)
- I seem to hit 10.5 much better, and when I try a 9.5 it just seem to become less consistent.
so the question i have is;
- Can the smash factor be improved? why would it be low even though I have center strike on the club face?
- if I were to have a positive angle of attack, would that not increase the lateral launch angle even higher?