Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Benje View Post
    ROON - no. I have 'friends' who love it, but I haven't seen it in action yet.
    Might see it if i go to a GTG again soon.
    Not keen at this stage though, too much going on.

Benje
    After a few weeks it’s paid for itself. The amount of music that it has opened up is amazing. It’s like a worm hole that goes wherever you want it to go.

Thanks Bushy - I might try the free TRIAL when I am less busy.

Spotify will apparently introduce I HiFi option, set to rival Tidal. Found an article where you can test if you can tell the difference between 320kbs and lossless. Might save you some money if you were considering. I haven't done this myself yet.

https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2021/...ss-audio-test/
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Spotify will apparently introduce I HiFi option, set to rival Tidal. Found an article where you can test if you can tell the difference between 320kbs and lossless. Might save you some money if you were considering. I haven't done this myself yet.

https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2021/...ss-audio-test/
    It won’t be a rival to Tidal HiFi.

It will be the same as Tidal Premium and by all accounts a minor leap from the current 320kbs max rate on Spotify Premium.

So, not worth it then.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Will likely depend on what format they go for, but CD quality (while great) still doesn’t stack up to the other formats.

Will be an interested onlooker.

Back again! Jassie just got herself a pair of airpod max, and I'm wondering about trying out a different service than Spotify, which has clearly dragged it's feet on it's hifi option!
    I'm really happy with Spotify, in particular is ability to find new music and songs for me through the discover weekly and release radar playlists, and also the ability to go to playlist radio. It also has more music for me, particularly live music recordings, than apple music had.

It's anyone using Amazon Music?? I just started a trial. I was surprised to find that they seemed to have even more live recordings of several of artists I listen to, which is a big plus for me. Plus the option of having Standard, HD, and Ultra HD, along with Atmos and 360, which could be fun for Jas.
    I am yet to copy playlists and libraries across, so if someone has a recommendation of a way to do that, let me know.
    It does seem that they have a customised playlist similar to Spotify's discover weekly, but does anyone know if they have others as well? I would use playlists like the daily mixes fairly often.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

And I'm at it again! Frickin streaming services!

The shuffle on my main spotify playlists has been awful for a while; same with Robs. Constantly playing the same songs again and again. I didn't realise they use an algorithim, even when shuffling, to select music they think you want to listen to! I just want my music randomly shuffled. So am giving Apple Music a try, again, and have now found out that I can't get my Yamaha AVR to stream Apple music, unless I have an Apple device and use airplay. WTF. And I don't believe it's lossless from airplay, and I'd gather not Atmos music either. Bloody heck. Found my daughters old iPod Touch 5 and airplay fails every time from it to my amp. Arrrggghhhh
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Senior Member Major Winner

And I'm at it again! Frickin streaming services!

The shuffle on my main spotify playlists has been awful for a while; same with Robs. Constantly playing the same songs again and again. I didn't realise they use an algorithim, even when shuffling, to select music they think you want to listen to! I just want my music randomly shuffled. So am giving Apple Music a try, again, and have now found out that I can't get my Yamaha AVR to stream Apple music, unless I have an Apple device and use airplay. WTF. And I don't believe it's lossless from airplay, and I'd gather not Atmos music either. Bloody heck. Found my daughters old iPod Touch 5 and airplay fails every time from it to my amp. Arrrggghhhh
    In your Spotify account settings there's an option to "Autoplay similar content". Turn this off and when your playlist ends, it'll just end instead of going to "similar artists / songs".
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    In your Spotify account settings there's an option to "Autoplay similar content". Turn this off and when your playlist ends, it'll just end instead of going to "similar artists / songs".
    Very timely, 12 hours in the car on the weekend, lots of double ups, have done what you said Lefty, also googled earlier and turned off "Automix".

Goughy, it's the Playback Tab, third down on Settings and Privacy after you go into your account on Spotify.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

You could have just posted "RTFM".

Thanks Lefty, but unfortunately that's not the issue for me. I'd already done that a while ago. Like most I have a handful of different playlists I listen to, and have one that is my favourite collection of songs; about 1000 songs. It's the one I regularly come back to. So I always set it to shuffle, and at times I'll turn the shuffle on and off, even a few times, to try and get them to mix up better. But it just doesn't. And having googled lately it seems to be a pretty common problem with Spotify.

Music was so much easier when the only option was to buy physical copies of it. Because we didn't expect or want more from it.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Thanks Lefty, but unfortunately that's not the issue for me. I'd already done that a while ago. Like most I have a handful of different playlists I listen to, and have one that is my favourite collection of songs; about 1000 songs. It's the one I regularly come back to. So I always set it to shuffle, and at times I'll turn the shuffle on and off, even a few times, to try and get them to mix up better. But it just doesn't. And having googled lately it seems to be a pretty common problem with Spotify.

Music was so much easier when the only option was to buy physical copies of it. Because we didn't expect or want more from it.
    You can listen to albums in order.

Argh, they're infuriating! Apple doesn't intergrate with Waze on android devices, and doesn't work with my avr. From what I can see the only way to stream lossless to my avr is through an apple TV 4k; not even my wifes iphone can send it via airplay. I found one of the kids old ipod touch 5's but it won't airplay to our avr either.
    Having a trial of Amazon Music as well, and it's issue is that while it can play local content you have on your devices, you can't add them to playlists! Friggin heck.

Annoyingly, listening to my favourites playlist on both Apple and Amazon and I've been hearing songs I didn't even remember were in the list! And it's years old on Spotify.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Theres a much easier solution, its called a radio.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Can't think of much worse, up here particularly, MTB!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Theres a much easier solution, its called a radio.
    You are ****ing kidding.

I personally have no idea why radio still exists. Same music, on repeat with DJ's that talk reality TV shows or nonsense or 1980's jokes or Triple J who's DJ selection has gone dire and to all of them that sound like its their first day.

Morning Radio. 3-4 songs per half hour with any of the Austereo brands. 10 ads per break and the same news every 30 mins.

Pls explain why this still exists?

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    Pls explain why this still exists?
    Because it works and people dont need to whine about why a convaluted arrangement doesnt work.

ABC 612 AM is awesome. Roly Sussex on how to speak proper and how say big words. The Dr dude that answers sciency questions The legal guy that explains why men get screwed over in divorces. And the gardening guy on why should/shouldnt piss on your vege patch. and the best part is ya dont have to find a new channel every 40km
    Last edited by markTHEblake; 9th February 2024 at 02:02 PM.

Oh, that's good to know! I didn't realise the radio offered the option to only play the songs I want to listen to, and also play high res music from the avr in the house! All without having to listen to an inane dj or a multitude of ads
    Which, I guess I'm struggling to get right with the streaming services, but at least I can forgo the dj and ads bit
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Member Club Pro

Double J has been a great addition to the digital radio list (albeit 10 years now) Good mix of older stuff, but also playing new music from older and newer bands so you don't get the same stuff. DJ's that know what they are talking about but don't talk to much.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkRoyal View Post
    Double J has been a great addition to the digital radio list (albeit 10 years now) Good mix of older stuff, but also playing new music from older and newer bands so you don't get the same stuff. DJ's that know what they are talking about but don't talk to much.
    THIS !

Anyone know how to get cars that have a Digi radio option but doesnt work option working. (if you know what i mean)

My last 2 cars have shows a digi radio but it never works... so it is always back to the phone for streaming.

. . . MTB, you old. Like way old, like waiting for my socks to be darned and cups of tea to be brought to me old. Could be worse, you could be on 2GB finding out who you have to hate today.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

If you can’t get digital radio i just use the “iheart” radio app through carplay

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    If you can’t get digital radio i just use the “iheart” radio app through carplay
    Yep - that has been my only option or the website for double J

Member Club Pro

ABC listen App for Double J or other ABC stuff, found a couple of decent podcasts for the kids and Conversations has a few good listens.

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    . . . MTB, you old. Like way old, like waiting for my socks to be darned and cups of tea to be brought to me old. Could be worse, you could be on 2GB finding out who you have to hate today.
    You not far off it, but i aint a 12 O clock flasher either.

OR, i got better things to do than waste time faffing around with things to listen to songs i heard before on repeat.

Thread Information