Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation LH stuffs - putter and driver and high lofted woods

I've been absent from Ozgolf for so long I decided I might as well start over left handed. And female.

I need a lefty putter and some cheapy lefty woods to fill a bag for my left handed lady. Soft flex and even softer prices would be great.

Love and narwhals,
    - henno.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Call DaveS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    Call DaveS!
    I should do that. His club collection is virtually holding his house up these days.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    I should do that. His club collection is virtually holding his house up these days.
    He keeps adding floors.....................

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

I've been absent from Ozgolf for so long I decided I might as well start over left handed. And female.

I need a lefty putter and some cheapy lefty woods to fill a bag for my left handed lady. Soft flex and even softer prices would be great.

Love and narwhals,
    - henno.
    Albino Narwhals?

I should be able to put together something along those lines.

I have an Adams XTD Ladies 12* Driver head. Just need to match it up with the right shaft.

What lofts were you thinking for the woods?

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I have an Adams XTD Ladies 12* Driver head. Just need to match it up with the right shaft.
    That would be perfect.

What lofts were you thinking for the woods?
    Something pretty lofty. She is just starting out after doing a few months of lessons at BGC so swing speed is mega low and I am of the belief that lots of women and/or slow swingers benefit from more loft than they think. I am thinking 5w and 7w+ or even a ridiculously lofty hybrid or two instead of the latter. She has no woods in the bag at the moment though so beggars can't be choosers.

Like most women people starting out anything over about a 7 iron goes the same distance at the moment so until she gets better I can't her hitting any irons longer than that. She already has a set of irons she was gifted, so that has been a nice start. Just trying to fill out the rest of the bag.

She's currently putting with a Bullseye putter and not greatly, although she putted backwards with my RH Bettinardi yesterday and was putting great thinning everything with the back edge.

That would be perfect.

Something pretty lofty. She is just starting out after doing a few months of lessons at BGC so swing speed is mega low and I am of the belief that lots of women and/or slow swingers benefit from more loft than they think. I am thinking 5w and 7w+ or even a ridiculously lofty hybrid or two instead of the latter. She has no woods in the bag at the moment though so beggars can't be choosers.

Like most women people starting out anything over about a 7 iron goes the same distance at the moment so until she gets better I can't her hitting any irons longer than that. She already has a set of irons she was gifted, so that has been a nice start. Just trying to fill out the rest of the bag.

She's currently putting with a Bullseye putter and not greatly, although she putted backwards with my RH Bettinardi yesterday and was putting great thinning everything with the back edge.
    I will see what I can put together as options. I don't have any L Flex as such but have some A Flex that are pretty much the same. Lighter shaft weight is probably more important.

I don't have any L Flex as such but have some A Flex that are pretty much the same. Lighter shaft weight is probably more important.
    I doubt she would load up either of them any differently (or be able to tell the difference) at this point.

Thanks Dave!

OK, a first pass on some options.

Driver head is locked in: XTD 12*. These fit on TM adaptors, so I just need to match a light A Flex shaft. I have a few shafts that will suit.

Putter: I have a spare Yes Natalie CS that I can do cheaply. I even have a new Lilac Yes grip to suit. Alternatives would include some Cure Putters (RX1, RX2 and RX3), like you see on the LGPA. They are ugly big, but super stable, and very light as the heads are alloy.

Woods: I have a few 18*, a few 19* and a 21*. I need to look at shaft options for these. Some are head only, some require adapters, and some have stiff flex shafts i would need to change.

Hybrid alternatives are more plentiful, anything up to 26*. How about some Adams Pro Gold Proto Boxers?. I have plenty of Japanese Reg Flex shafts that would be ideal.

Driver head is locked in: XTD 12*. These fit on TM adaptors, so I just need to match a light A Flex shaft. I have a few shafts that will suit.
    As before, this will be perfect. Light is good, but don't sweat too much about the shaft as she is just starting out.

Putter: I have a spare Yes Natalie CS that I can do cheaply. I even have a new Lilac Yes grip to suit. Alternatives would include some Cure Putters (RX1, RX2 and RX3), like you see on the LGPA. They are ugly big, but super stable, and very light as the heads are alloy.
    All of those putters are far from my cup of tea, but would probably be perfect for her. Come to think of it a centre shaft is probably a good idea. The Yes would probably work well, for a giant thing.

Woods: I have a few 18*, a few 19* and a 21*. I need to look at shaft options for these. Some are head only, some require adapters, and some have stiff flex shafts i would need to change.

Hybrid alternatives are more plentiful, anything up to 26*. How about some Adams Pro Gold Proto Boxers?. I have plenty of Japanese Reg Flex shafts that would be ideal.
    Adams Pro Gold Proto Boxers would be good, I think. I haven't put too much thought into it (as it was more going to be what was available out there for cheap that I could make work, more than what would be the ideal bag on paper) but I was thinking something 5wood-ish accompanied by something 23-26ish (5h territory) in hybrid of some sorts. I am sure she could get by with just a driver-hybrid combo in the short term anyway.

As before, this will be perfect. Light is good, but don't sweat too much about the shaft as she is just starting out.

All of those putters are far from my cup of tea, but would probably be perfect for her. Come to think of it a centre shaft is probably a good idea. The Yes would probably work well, for a giant thing.

Adams Pro Gold Proto Boxers would be good, I think. I haven't put too much thought into it (as it was more going to be what was available out there for cheap that I could make work, more than what would be the ideal bag on paper) but I was thinking something 5wood-ish accompanied by something 23-26ish (5h territory) in hybrid of some sorts. I am sure she could get by with just a driver-hybrid combo in the short term anyway.
    I have a Cobra AMP 18* 5 wood with a lite flex 50 gram shaft that should do the job.

I have the Adams Boxer Boxers in 22* and 26* if you want both?

I have a Cobra AMP 18* 5 wood with a lite flex 50 gram shaft that should do the job.

I have the Adams Boxer Boxers in 22* and 26* if you want both?
    All of the above sound pretty great! I mean, providing things don't get expensive. I am currently unemployed after all.

All of the above sound pretty great! I mean, providing things don't get expensive. I am currently unemployed after all.
    And I am an AMG owner, so we are both bordering on destitute.

Lucky for you I am a discerning bulk buyer of shiny things. I will pm you with a bundle price shortly.

And I am an AMG owner, so we are both bordering on destitute.

Lucky for you I am a discerning bulk buyer of shiny things. I will pm you with a bundle price shortly.
    And I am a petrol V8 Landcruiser owner. Between the two of us we are probably keeping an oil refinery in the Middle East running year-round.

And I am a petrol V8 Landcruiser owner. Between the two of us we are probably keeping an oil refinery in the Middle East running year-round.

Pfffft, fuel costs are the least of my issues. It costs me more to register and insure it. I have discovered that AMG stands for A Massive Gouge. It seems Mercedes /AMG (like many other Makers/Dealers) think they are outside Consumer Laws in Oz. Rod Sims needs to up the ante on the whole scumbag industry.

Pfffft, fuel costs are the least of my issues. It costs me more to register and insure it. I have discovered that AMG stands for A Massive Gouge. It seems Mercedes /AMG (like many other Makers/Dealers) think they are outside Consumer Laws in Oz. Rod Sims needs to up the ante on the whole scumbag industry.
    Quit ruining my dreams of owning a C63

Quit ruining my dreams of owning a C63
    The cars are brilliant, it is the sales and service that is shite.

The clubs are all but ready. The Driver shaft is drying now, and the other clubs are done.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Daves, don't mean to threadjack but do you have a lefty Callaway driver (head only) that accepts the Epic adaptor? Around 9 deg of loft.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Daves, don't mean to threadjack but do you have a lefty Callaway driver (head only) that accepts the Epic adaptor? Around 9 deg of loft.
    Threadjack your heart out, Jono. I am the last person to get precious about that!

Also, huge shoutout to Daves for completely looking after me with the left handed gear. We'll have to catch up for a round some time soon Dave, and I'll shout the beers.

The down side is I now have terrible envy of his ever-growing collection. I feel my golf hoishness twitching...

Hi Jono, yes I have a few that I can let go;

- BB Alpha 9*

- BB Alpha 816 DBD 9*

I also have a Epic Sub Zero in 9*, that I might let go, but it would be a lot more expensive that the 2 above.

How much are you chasing for the Sub Zero head?

Quote Originally Posted by WanLefty View Post
    How much are you chasing for the Sub Zero head?
    It cost me $300 plus stamps and I have used it twice, so say $250 posted?.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Hi Jono, yes I have a few that I can let go;- BB Alpha 9*- BB Alpha 816 DBD 9*I also have a Epic Sub Zero in 9*, that I might let go, but it would be a lot more expensive that the 2 above.
    How much for the DBD?

Pm sent on the Sub Zero

How much for the DBD?
    It is in as new nick, no marks at all, I bought it new. Say $150 posted. There is one on Oz Ebay in very average condition for $110.

Thread Information