Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default Structured practice

I've been looking for a structured practice program and came across this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6G6TENDh8dU

I'm going to alter it a bit to suit me but it looks like a balanced program that makes the short game practice a bit more fun and challenging than just taking a couple of balls to the practice green and knocking it around without real purpose.

I'm not going to do the 6 shot shapes with the full shots as I'm not good enough for that yet. Mainly working on consistent impact at the moment (center hit and square face/down the line path)

Member Teaching Pro

can get it out there for a old bastard
    In my prime i was 138 mph with a 45 inch driver and high 140s with a 48 inch driver and a PB in competition of 461 yards in 2014.
    Retired from longdrive as of last December when Aust beat the Kiwi in a event at Stonecutters Ridge in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Heck! 130mph is moving. Is your LD swing much - or any - different to your game swing?

The last time my (44.5") driver CH speed was properly measured was in in late 2010 when I was getting refitted for much softer shafts after returning from breaking my shoulder 3 months earlier. Even then I still averaged 117mph for that session though, so I ended up only changing my driver shaft (and then giving up the game for the next half a decade, apparently). I was well into the 120's prior to the shoulder injury but I was still in my 20's and a ball of abs with long arms, so I'd be orders of magnitude less than that now. Having 130mph on the Snr PGA Tour is unbelievable.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

So I have been trying to get to the range twice a week,only using the same 3 clubs.Taking my driver,7 iron and pw.Trying to repeat the same action over and over,not trying to produce different shots,just slightly straight to a draw.For the most part I am very consistent in that I am producing a repeatable swing,probably in hindsight my go to swing.I can work the ball both ways but haven't brought the fade into practice.So far with unknowingly adding a couple of tweaks I think I have found a couple of meters on my irons as well.My driver seems to be playing the game as well,and I think if I took this swing to the course then I would be confident being aggressive with my shot.

So still continuing to work on a single swing thought.Took it on course yesterday for a social 9 and I can now see progress.A little tweak late last week has helped with thinning the ball,and this week I have worked on the fade with solid results.Oncourse yesterday it was pretty windy,so really just trying to play shots that would stay in play.No flyers on the wind,a couple of nice stingers into the teeth and even a high draw holding the wind on 9 to catch the front few feet of the green was nice.I have noticed a change in my distances,probably 3 or 4 meters with irons,the driver seems to be popping off the face with a really nice looking flight,average into the wind yesterday was 207m

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    So still continuing to work on a single swing thought.Took it on course yesterday for a social 9 and I can now see progress.A little tweak late last week has helped with thinning the ball,and this week I have worked on the fade with solid results.Oncourse yesterday it was pretty windy,so really just trying to play shots that would stay in play.No flyers on the wind,a couple of nice stingers into the teeth and even a high draw holding the wind on 9 to catch the front few feet of the green was nice.I have noticed a change in my distances,probably 3 or 4 meters with irons,the driver seems to be popping off the face with a really nice looking flight,average into the wind yesterday was 207m
    Nice. What swing thought helped with the thinning?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
    this steve? (sorry... didnt know)
    r/Absolute Unit

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Nice. What swing thought helped with the thinning?
    Not a swing thought,an action.My hips were turning to early,so just had to slow down my transition.I have spent a lot of time trying to stop the sway in my hips,which was really good for a quick backswing,not good when after control.

Started working on short game today,more so distance control.I want to have a swing for a 50m chip shot as my standard,then work longer and shorter from that base.Today I had a tyre st that range and was able to have better distance control than what I thought I would have,Give it a few more sessions and then I will start varying distances

Thread Information