Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlover View Post
    Nope. I won last week, before the format was changed.
    Before the format was changed to include actual scores

The game before that I finished third, so I'm getting better each game
    It was a 2 horse race

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    It was a 2 horse race
    Why do you keep changing it?
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Why do you keep changing it?
    Because you don’t have a horse?

I did have one...

Misunderstood the whole water polo thing

76 this morn.....72 net

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Blew first 4 holes. Managed to come back with a 32 to finish the day.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Struggled for 31 around Reddy Bay yesterday. Less of a struggle for 35 today at Boonah taking the chockies

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Out at Boonah today. Hot start but slowed through 7-10 with 1-1-W-W. Managed to finish off ok-ish with 32 playing the par 5’s in -2 and rinsing 2 balls on 9/18.

16/15 for 45 at Boonah.

Still not sure how I didn’t win.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Burglar with a high handicap ...

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

15/04/18, Boonah GC, OZgolf Round.

1 birdie, 9 pars, 7 bogeys, 1 other.
    XBPPBPPPB PPBPBbBBP
    Score: 41-39-80 +8 (Par 36-36-72).

That's a bloody good and surprising score after not playing for nearly three months (last round with the SA guys), especially with a double bogey start. It would be the first round with my own clubs since the Qld OZgolf Champs, 7 months ago too.

At the start of the round, I would have been happy to beat 90, so you won't hear any complaining about my golf today. I kept the ball in play off the tee most of the time, and if I didn't the course didn't overly punish me and I took my medicine. Had the pulls with the irons early, but surprisingly (again) had pretty decent touch with the short game. On the back nine, I put myself in position a few times to score better, but couldn't quite sink the putts. Oh well, that probably just evened out getting away with a few on the front nine.
    Last edited by AndyP; 16th April 2018 at 08:44 AM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Pennant(s) day today.Got off to a good start and was 3 up after 6,but all square at the turn
    Played ok without being great but noticed my opponent starting to get tired.Up 12 he had a shot on the par 5 WHICH I was able to take the hole off him with a steady par,then on 13 stuck my 3rd after chipping out from trees to about 4 inches from 86 meters.After that he just lost interest and I eventually got up 3&2.
    I hit 4 very good wedge shots today,all from outside 70 meters that finished inside a meter.My putting,well no 3 putts but I have now gone 4 rounds without a birdie.However I was 3 under handicap at the end of our match today at the end of 16

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I am a bad golfer 28 points and today’s Naga at Boonah GC
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

26 points in a gale at Queenscliff yesterday. Hit an 8 iron through the back of a 175m par 3 at one stage. It started to bucket down for the last 5 holes and I came good in the rain - 14 points on the last 6 holes in horrible conditions. I was playing a match play on the side in my social group and was 4 down with 6 to play, ended up winning 1 up on the last. Strange game.

I dropped a good flag off golflink and now my handicap has ballooned out by 4 shots in less than 6 months. I've gone from being on my lowest ever late last year to now being on my highest cap in almost 4 years.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

The television.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Played Monthly Medal yesterday, it was blustery conditions but fortunately it was blow away from OB on 1, 3 and 4 which is my idea wind.

Started in the back nine.

10th. Bunted a driver down the hill leaving myself and easy 9i into the green. Hit to about 30feet for a 2 putt par.

Good tee shot off 11, but my layup went a bit long a left. I had a shot into the green for my 3rd but had over hanging branches so I had to keep the ball low but still need to carry the pond at the front. Had no idea how hard to "chip" an 8i from 100m but got a break when the ball took on bounce in the pond and ended up on dry land on the other side. Hit a good pitch but couldn't make my par, but was still happy i didn't make double or worse.

I was in between clubs on 12, so tried to take bit off a 5i and pulled it left. It was going for the hazard but once again I had some good fortune as it caught enough of the thick rough for it to stay dry. I was in a fluffy lie and the ball was below my feet so I took my medicine and hit 30feet pass the hole. Just missed the par putt but happy to only make bogey.

Smoked a driver up 13 into a slight breeze. Hit hybrid to the right edge of the green and pitch to 3feet for an easy birdie.

Hit a good shot on to 14 to about 15 feet and left it short in the guts.

Pulled my tee shot left on 15 and I had to hit a bit hook with a 9i, but had to keep it low. It somehow missed the pot, but I was able to take advantage of the good luck and get up and down and made bogey.

Hit 9i into 16 to about 8 feet and made the putt to be +1 after 7.

Smoked driver down 17 and had a little flick with the lob wedge from about 50m to an elevator green and the pin was tuck just over a bunker. Knocked to about 30 feet and 2 putted for par.

Pushed drive well right and managed to hit a punch 3 iron to about 30m short of the green, hit a crappy pitch but was able to hole the 20 footer for par.

Hit a really good drive up 1 but it drifted left with the wind. Punch 7i to the front edge of the green and easy 2 putt.

Regulation par on 2.

Hit the driver off the toe a bit and the ball caught some trees. After a bit of search I found it and still had 270m+ to the green. Big snap hook out from under treess left me bad angle into back right pin. Hit hit a bump and run from about 100m and left my self easy straight up the hill chip. I knocked it to about 4 feet and holed the putt for bit of a lucky bogey.

Topped it off the 4th and once again left me with about 230m to the hole. Punched out from under a tree leaving me about 60m to a right hand pin just over a bunker. Hit a really good lib wedge to about 8feet, hit over read the putt and mised it on the high side, tapped in for another bogey to be +3 after 13 holes.

Crappy sprayed tee shot off 5 well right, hit hit a good chip and tap in distance for my par.

Big pull with driver on 6 lead to another bogey. Now I'm +4 after 15.

Good tee shot on 7 and burnt the edge from about 35feet for a good settling par.

Once again massive spray with the driver in 8, but was able to hit a good recovery shot to about 25 feet but missed the birdie putt.

Pulled my tee shot on 9 into the trees I was greedy and try to go for the smallest gap trying to get the ball the front edge of the green so I got a chance to get up and down for par and shoot my handicap. It hit the tree and came back under another tree with some root in the way. More risky play I was able to shoot on up near the green. Nearly hole the par chip but was able to hole the 3 footer for bogey.

So lots of luck today but I feel like my game is going well at the moment. I also didn't make a double or worse. I also didn't have a 3 putt or worse. I finished with 75 gross which is +1 over my handicap but, enough to win the A grade monthly medal.

Stats:
    75 gross, 71 net
    2 x Birdies
    30 putts
    0 X 3 putts
    0 lost balls

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Pennant(s) day today.Got off to a good start and was 3 up after 6,but all square at the turnPlayed ok without being great but noticed my opponent starting to get tired.Up 12 he had a shot on the par 5 WHICH I was able to take the hole off him with a steady par,then on 13 stuck my 3rd after chipping out from trees to about 4 inches from 86 meters.After that he just lost interest and I eventually got up 3&2.I hit 4 very good wedge shots today,all from outside 70 meters that finished inside a meter.My putting,well no 3 putts but I have now gone 4 rounds without a birdie.However I was 3 under handicap at the end of our match today at the end of 16
    Well done joe , first of many wins

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    I dropped a good flag off golflink and now my handicap has ballooned out by 4 shots in less than 6 months. I've gone from being on my lowest ever late last year to now being on my highest cap in almost 4 years.
    Crikey. I had gone out 1.7 in 2 months thinking my slump was going to be similar, but a nett 76 against a DSR of 75 has brought me back down a little.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Saturday, medal, windy as hell day.

Birdied the first. Cold topped one into the water on 3 for triple, had another triple on 5, cold topped one into the drink on 16.

Made 1 birdie, 2 triples, 2 doubles and 10 pars for a nett 76.

The new ex-Chappy Scottie worked well, only missed one inside 8 foot when I left it short. Didn't play well but managed to score ok which is a change from recent form.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Shot 72 at Nudgee on Saturday, out in 35 with 3 birds and 3 bogeys. Made 2 good birdies on the back but then made a bogey on 15 and had a 3 putt double on 17 to shoot +1 on the back. Had a 10 foot birdie putt on 18 that i just misread up hill. Very good day overall. Had i think 22/23 putts for the day. Was matchplay in conjuction with a stableford, i won my match 7 & 6 and had 40 points.
    WITB:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-6 with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Mizuno MP20 Blade 7-P with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Vokey SM7 50/08, 54/10, 60/08. 50deg in DG X100, 54deg & 60deg in S300.
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist ProV1

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Played Monthly Medal yesterday, it was blustery conditions but fortunately it was blow away from OB on 1, 3 and 4 which is my idea wind. Started in the back nine.10th. Bunted a driver down the hill leaving myself and easy 9i into the green. Hit to about 30feet for a 2 putt par. Good tee shot off 11, but my layup went a bit long a left. I had a shot into the green for my 3rd but had over hanging branches so I had to keep the ball low but still need to carry the pond at the front. Had no idea how hard to "chip" an 8i from 100m but got a break when the ball took on bounce in the pond and ended up on dry land on the other side. Hit a good pitch but couldn't make my par, but was still happy i didn't make double or worse. I was in between clubs on 12, so tried to take bit off a 5i and pulled it left. It was going for the hazard but once again I had some good fortune as it caught enough of the thick rough for it to stay dry. I was in a fluffy lie and the ball was below my feet so I took my medicine and hit 30feet pass the hole. Just missed the par putt but happy to only make bogey. Smoked a driver up 13 into a slight breeze. Hit hybrid to the right edge of the green and pitch to 3feet for an easy birdie. Hit a good shot on to 14 to about 15 feet and left it short in the guts.Pulled my tee shot left on 15 and I had to hit a bit hook with a 9i, but had to keep it low. It somehow missed the pot, but I was able to take advantage of the good luck and get up and down and made bogey.Hit 9i into 16 to about 8 feet and made the putt to be +1 after 7. Smoked driver down 17 and had a little flick with the lob wedge from about 50m to an elevator green and the pin was tuck just over a bunker. Knocked to about 30 feet and 2 putted for par. Pushed drive well right and managed to hit a punch 3 iron to about 30m short of the green, hit a crappy pitch but was able to hole the 20 footer for par. Hit a really good drive up 1 but it drifted left with the wind. Punch 7i to the front edge of the green and easy 2 putt. Regulation par on 2. Hit the driver off the toe a bit and the ball caught some trees. After a bit of search I found it and still had 270m+ to the green. Big snap hook out from under treess left me bad angle into back right pin. Hit hit a bump and run from about 100m and left my self easy straight up the hill chip. I knocked it to about 4 feet and holed the putt for bit of a lucky bogey.Topped it off the 4th and once again left me with about 230m to the hole. Punched out from under a tree leaving me about 60m to a right hand pin just over a bunker. Hit a really good lib wedge to about 8feet, hit over read the putt and mised it on the high side, tapped in for another bogey to be +3 after 13 holes.Crappy sprayed tee shot off 5 well right, hit hit a good chip and tap in distance for my par. Big pull with driver on 6 lead to another bogey. Now I'm +4 after 15. Good tee shot on 7 and burnt the edge from about 35feet for a good settling par. Once again massive spray with the driver in 8, but was able to hit a good recovery shot to about 25 feet but missed the birdie putt. Pulled my tee shot on 9 into the trees I was greedy and try to go for the smallest gap trying to get the ball the front edge of the green so I got a chance to get up and down for par and shoot my handicap. It hit the tree and came back under another tree with some root in the way. More risky play I was able to shoot on up near the green. Nearly hole the par chip but was able to hole the 3 footer for bogey.So lots of luck today but I feel like my game is going well at the moment. I also didn't make a double or worse. I also didn't have a 3 putt or worse. I finished with 75 gross which is +1 over my handicap but, enough to win the A grade monthly medal.Stats:75 gross, 71 net2 x Birdies30 putts0 X 3 putts0 lost balls
    Wow, very Grumpyesque in detail, in fact better!I can’t believe you remember all that stuff, I’m lucky to remember my score! 🙄

Played Monthly Medal yesterday, it was blustery conditions but fortunately it was blow away from OB on 1, 3 and 4 which is my idea wind. Started in the back nine.10th. Bunted a driver down the hill leaving myself and easy 9i into the green. Hit to about 30feet for a 2 putt par. Good tee shot off 11, but my layup went a bit long a left. I had a shot into the green for my 3rd but had over hanging branches so I had to keep the ball low but still need to carry the pond at the front. Had no idea how hard to "chip" an 8i from 100m but got a break when the ball took on bounce in the pond and ended up on dry land on the other side. Hit a good pitch but couldn't make my par, but was still happy i didn't make double or worse. I was in between clubs on 12, so tried to take bit off a 5i and pulled it left. It was going for the hazard but once again I had some good fortune as it caught enough of the thick rough for it to stay dry. I was in a fluffy lie and the ball was below my feet so I took my medicine and hit 30feet pass the hole. Just missed the par putt but happy to only make bogey. Smoked a driver up 13 into a slight breeze. Hit hybrid to the right edge of the green and pitch to 3feet for an easy birdie. Hit a good shot on to 14 to about 15 feet and left it short in the guts.Pulled my tee shot left on 15 and I had to hit a bit hook with a 9i, but had to keep it low. It somehow missed the pot, but I was able to take advantage of the good luck and get up and down and made bogey.Hit 9i into 16 to about 8 feet and made the putt to be +1 after 7. Smoked driver down 17 and had a little flick with the lob wedge from about 50m to an elevator green and the pin was tuck just over a bunker. Knocked to about 30 feet and 2 putted for par. Pushed drive well right and managed to hit a punch 3 iron to about 30m short of the green, hit a crappy pitch but was able to hole the 20 footer for par. Hit a really good drive up 1 but it drifted left with the wind. Punch 7i to the front edge of the green and easy 2 putt. Regulation par on 2. Hit the driver off the toe a bit and the ball caught some trees. After a bit of search I found it and still had 270m+ to the green. Big snap hook out from under treess left me bad angle into back right pin. Hit hit a bump and run from about 100m and left my self easy straight up the hill chip. I knocked it to about 4 feet and holed the putt for bit of a lucky bogey.Topped it off the 4th and once again left me with about 230m to the hole. Punched out from under a tree leaving me about 60m to a right hand pin just over a bunker. Hit a really good lib wedge to about 8feet, hit over read the putt and mised it on the high side, tapped in for another bogey to be +3 after 13 holes.Crappy sprayed tee shot off 5 well right, hit hit a good chip and tap in distance for my par. Big pull with driver on 6 lead to another bogey. Now I'm +4 after 15. Good tee shot on 7 and burnt the edge from about 35feet for a good settling par. Once again massive spray with the driver in 8, but was able to hit a good recovery shot to about 25 feet but missed the birdie putt. Pulled my tee shot on 9 into the trees I was greedy and try to go for the smallest gap trying to get the ball the front edge of the green so I got a chance to get up and down for par and shoot my handicap. It hit the tree and came back under another tree with some root in the way. More risky play I was able to shoot on up near the green. Nearly hole the par chip but was able to hole the 3 footer for bogey.So lots of luck today but I feel like my game is going well at the moment. I also didn't make a double or worse. I also didn't have a 3 putt or worse. I finished with 75 gross which is +1 over my handicap but, enough to win the A grade monthly medal.Stats:75 gross, 71 net2 x Birdies30 putts0 X 3 putts0 lost balls
    Wow, very Grumpyesque in detail, in fact better!I can’t believe you remember all that stuff, I’m lucky to remember my score! 🙄

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Stats:
    75 gross, 71 net
    2 x Birdies
    30 putts
    0 X 3 putts
    0 lost balls
    I read this bit, my head was hurting after line one of the other. Well played mate, would have rated quite hard with that wind too.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Wow, very Grumpyesque in detail, in fact better!I can’t believe you remember all that stuff, I’m lucky to remember my score!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Wow, very Grumpyesque in detail, in fact better!I can’t believe you remember all that stuff, I’m lucky to remember my score!
    Thanks mate. At your age your lucky to remember anything at all so u had to double post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    I read this bit, my head was hurting after line one of the other. Well played mate, would have rated quite hard with that wind too.
    Thanks mate and yes it was quite windy.

Thread Information