Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default Heavier driver head

After picking up a Srixon Z355 driver to have a try, I notice with the heavier head I was able to "keep the head in control" by swinging outward on the back and down swing... I was getting extremely good contact on the ball, that I am getting good height and distance out of it. even on contact that are a little thin, I was still getting good distance and direction.

During my practice yesterday, I was swapping between the M1 and the 355, and I dont feel like I am getting the same solid contact I was having with the 355... not as high, but still roll pretty far... However, occasionally I would have roll my right wrist and get a big draw out of it... these are the drives that seems to kill a hole for me, so I am trying to figure out if I can fix the M1 or just give up and go with the 355.

going to the range tonight with a roll of lead tape and see how a heavier M1 head might affect the contact.

Does anyone have any experience working with a heavy head (maybe even with a lighter shafts?)

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Impact points will tell the story. Have you got some impact tape or similar to "tune" the M1? Talc powder will also work;

I use "heavy" clubs right through my bag. But I don't particularly focus on a heavy head to do so. More often than not I will do it by varying the length of the club. I build all my clubs to an MOI target, so that the heft feels the same from Driver to Wedges.

Have a read of the Tutelman article which might also help understand the variations of Heft;

https://www.tutelman.com/golf/design/swingwt5.php

My experience is that Golfers with faster tempos and aggressive downswings tend favour a heftier club set up.

Thread Information