Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Pretty pissed off really. The game was finally there for most of today. With 19 points on the front including a wipe and a 1 pointer then simple pars on the next 2 holes I was cruising. From there i scored 10 points. Allowing for this POS weak left-to-right ball flight I’ve been fighting since June I flushed at least 6 dead straight bullets to put me in the crap at least halve a dozen times. Trying really hard to eeek out a round so I’ve decided to play again Sunday and see if I can get something out of it. 33 points.
    Save it for 2 weeks time, it will come.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Urgh... 26 points... started off well but just too hot and got tired pretty quick
    Lost interest after 10th hole. 15 points and 11 finish...

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

M3 is hitting well

** disclaimer ** if reading about someone playing yet again and playing well yet again offends then read no further ** .
    Back was a bit dodgy yesterday so didn’t play, felt ok this morning so ventured out to the Sunday comp , stableford on the hills course , 37 pts 19/18 , 77 gross , no wipes no 3 putts , 1 birdie, 26 putts in total . Putter hid a number of poor shots especially early . Hit a drive on 10 ( downhill, down wind ) that even toxic would have struggled to fly .

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Well, it’s 38 points so I’m happy but there’s still a heap of work to do.

I really fought hard on the back and held on for 20 points coming home with a double and a wipe on 16 followed by a comeback birdie on 17. Finished with 3 solid shots on 18 and barely missed the birdie for a simple tap in par.

Put my name down for 3 NTP’s too which is a first I think.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    ** disclaimer ** if reading about someone playing yet again and playing well yet again offends then read no further ** .
    Back was a bit dodgy yesterday so didn’t play, felt ok this morning so ventured out to the Sunday comp , stableford on the hills course , 37 pts 19/18 , 77 gross , no wipes no 3 putts , 1 birdie, 26 putts in total . Putter hid a number of poor shots especially early . Hit a drive on 10 ( downhill, down wind ) that even toxic would have struggled to fly .
    That M2 must be giving you a few more chances just thru tje bit of extra distance

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

I'd love to say that I punched out some quality farming this afternoon (pre Champs), but the reality is that 6 weeks away from the course and still having tennis elbow resulted in 24 points.

I'm hoping that I'll be better for the run
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

33pts this morning. Should have been better after turning with 20.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

36 points yesterday and only managed 29 points today with 4 birdies, was either good or shit.

38 points today in my club summer cup. Blew the 2nd last hole only to find out I was only 1 point behind the first place. Currently sitting on 3rd .

Let see how the afternoon group goes

Edit: came 5th at the end... got NTP too so 2 bottles of wine
    Last edited by okitoki; 26th February 2018 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    That M2 must be giving you a few more chances just thru tje bit of extra distance
    Yeah it is was on or on the fringes a lot today hence the 26 putts. It is getting me around wedge distance on the longer par 4’s and giving me a chance to reach the par 5’s with a 3 or 4 iron ( except the 4 th). Course was a bit soft and set up fairly hard because of the clubbies yesterday 38 pts won the comp .

Yeah it is was on or on the fringes a lot today hence the 26 putts. It is getting me around wedge distance on the longer par 4’s and giving me a chance to reach the par 5’s with a 3 or 4 iron ( except the 4 th). Course was a bit soft and set up fairly hard because of the clubbies yesterday 38 pts won the comp .
    Yeah,They cut some tight pins on the front,I really enjoyed the extra challenge,although I might say I was pretty fortunate on a couple of them

Just had a quick social 9 around the back of Dorset with a few friends.37 off the stick with 2 birdies today.Short course,par 5 played about 400m today and very few bunkers to worry about

+2 playing par....2 under through 14, 3 over for the last 4....FRUSTRATING!

Just had a quick social 9 around the back of Dorset with a few friends.37 off the stick with 2 birdies today.Short course,par 5 played about 400m today and very few bunkers to worry about
    Back nine is the harder nine imho

Back nine is the harder nine imho
    Possibly,but not that hard compared with the length and rolling hills of Beacy.I have shot a 1 under for 18 around their,possibly because most good drives aren't much more than a pitch,greens will hold the ball and most misses are ready made for an easy up and down.

Possibly,but not that hard compared with the length and rolling hills of Beacy.I have shot a 1 under for 18 around their,possibly because most good drives aren't much more than a pitch,greens will hold the ball and most misses are ready made for an easy up and down.
    Agree , plus the 3 rd is a driveable par 4 , dorset is in same pennant league as Olinda by the way , seniors are playing them this year , not sure about your group tho.
    Last edited by Grumpy8; 26th February 2018 at 07:50 PM.

4 man Ambrose comp around Settlers Run yesterday.
    As a group we lost at least 1 ball on every hole.
    In saying that we hsd handicaps of 10, 23,24,24
    And had Nett 51.875 and finished 2ND ffs. We holed at least 10, 30ft putts 😲

Managed to snag the longest drive of the day (290ish) and win a dozen decent Bridgestone balls.

Stableford on a lakes hills combo course , should have stayed at work , hit my first snap hook with the m2 , lost two golf balls , no 3 putts tho . 18/12 for 30 pts .

Continuing my turn around I played well today. Didn’t score great but I hit some good shots when called for and after struggling with the speed of the Greens I putted really well.

I had 4 wipes and two 1 pointers but still managed 33 points. My 4 wipes resulted from me hitting a bullet when I’ve set up for a cut, first one hit the cart path and pinged OOB. I have definitely straightened my aim however it is a work in progress but at least I’m getting a little bit of compression back.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Whenever I post here I always seem to be posting the same thing. Good ball-striking for the most part, but a mediocre score. This time it is a score of 34 points, boosted by 1 by getting another shot back.

I can't really go back to the drawing board because I'm hitting it Ok, but the bad shots keep costing me 2 shots, partly because I can't hole anything outside 4 feet. At least I got the putts to lip out or hang on the edge of the hole today. That is as close as I can get to a positive.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

So I went out today not expecting much after scoring 26, 32 & 33 over the weekend. I had no inclination of what was about to happen. In short, I shot even par for 43pts (off 7). 4 birdies, 4 bogies. I hit lots of fairways, quite a few greens, and putted well. It's nice to prove to myself that I can actually do it over an entire round... it's usually there in patches but doesn't last.

The consecutive birdies was cool, can't remember doing 3 in a row before. Had a decent look at another one on the 15th too. Hitting one in the piss on 16 was bloody annoying, but I recovered well to save bogey.

The biggest problem was that I'm not eligible to win any prizes today so I have nothing to show for it (the Wednesday comp is run by the 'All Sporters' Club).

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    So I went out today not expecting much after scoring 26, 32 & 33 over the weekend. I had no inclination of what was about to happen. In short, I shot even par for 43pts (off 7). 4 birdies, 4 bogies. I hit lots of fairways, quite a few greens, and putted well. It's nice to prove to myself that I can actually do it over an entire round... it's usually there in patches but doesn't last.

The consecutive birdies was cool, can't remember doing 3 in a row before. Had a decent look at another one on the 15th too. Hitting one in the piss on 16 was bloody annoying, but I recovered well to save bogey.

The biggest problem was that I'm not eligible to win any prizes today so I have nothing to show for it (the Wednesday comp is run by the 'All Sporters' Club).
    I’m really happy I talked you into playing Wednesday now

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    I’m really happy I talked you into playing Wednesday now
    You didn't have to try very hard.

So I went out today not expecting much after scoring 26, 32 & 33 over the weekend. I had no inclination of what was about to happen. In short, I shot even par for 43pts (off 7). 4 birdies, 4 bogies. I hit lots of fairways, quite a few greens, and putted well. It's nice to prove to myself that I can actually do it over an entire round... it's usually there in patches but doesn't last.The consecutive birdies was cool, can't remember doing 3 in a row before. Had a decent look at another one on the 15th too. Hitting one in the piss on 16 was bloody annoying, but I recovered well to save bogey. The biggest problem was that I'm not eligible to win any prizes today so I have nothing to show for it (the Wednesday comp is run by the 'All Sporters' Club).
    Great work , well done

Awesome round, 3 birdies back to back is nice. Pretty sure my best is back to back.

Thread Information