Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Coldtopper View Post
    Attachment 47487 A tool and I went one better at The Rat !

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

39 stableford points with only 2 fairways missed all day, and not by much. The equiv of a 78 off the stick. Sunk a couple of long putts and only left 2 putts short all day. The bounce back from a disaster last week feels good!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Bushy & I played the front 9 at Cairns GC yesterday with only 7 clubs each.
    I finished with 3 bogies & 6 pars for 18pts.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Tewantin Noosa, enjoyable course in really good nick..

-1 @ the 8th, with some poor choices up to that stage.

Unfortunately things went down hill from there.
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlover View Post
    -1 @ the 8th, with some poor choices up to that stage.
    Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Interesting
    Yep, yet another NTP going unrewarded
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Stableford on the lakes hills combo course , 35 pts off 7 , 1 wipe ( sent one swimming) 1 birdie, no 3 putts putter didn’t seem to be working but I only had 29 putts , chipping was so so . It was a flag so cap down to 6.8
    Last edited by Grumpy8; 20th February 2018 at 04:11 PM.

39 pts around Sandy Creek Golf Club, despite the course conditions being very ordinary.

Stableford again on a lakes hills combo course , 35 pts 17/18 , finished with two lazy one pointers to drag the score back a bit , two birdies , no 3 putts 31 putts in total , still some room for improvement.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

35 points, with 3 4-point birdies and 3 wipes. Superb consistency.

I'm pretty happy though, because that's the first time I've had more than 32 points since August, and most of those rounds have been sub-30. First time in ages I've felt like I know where the ball is going. Didn't lose a ball, only 3-jiggled once, got out of all the bunkers I got into, and only bladed 2 chips. Let's not think about the fact that I only attempted 3 chips.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

16/21 for 37 points.Eagle chance on 3 became a par,2 birdie chances missed short,wipe on 18.But here are some weird stats
    8 fairways hit
    2 greens in reg
    1 birdie
    3 missed birdie opportunities
    22 putts
    I had 7 pars on the back 9

Member Club Champion

I'm a little embarrassed to report this, being new to the forum and all. But I've come in today beating my previous personal best by a massive 8 strokes.

On monthly medal day as well.

I've come in with 77 off the stick, net 60 and 48 points (with a wipe). 30 putts and 2 nearest the pins.

Being off 17 for the day with slope I was absolutely shitting myself when i was 2 under the card after 7 holes. a triple bogey and wipe on 8 while devastating helped settle my nerves and after scrambling for 2 points on 9, 10 & 12 I got back into the swing of things and crushed the back 9.

Absolutely stocked. Won the monthly medal by a big margin, beat my PB by a margin and broke 80 for the first time, thought it was going to be a long time before i did that.

And before my head wobble gets to much for everyone, I'm sure all members in vic/melb saw the conditions today, blowing a gale out there (teed off at mid-day) .

Going to frustrate the hell out of me for the next 50 years when im unable to replicate this round.

You can see my golflink in my signature to prove im actually a very average golfer (probably wont get updated til tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    I'm a little embarrassed to report this, being new to the forum and all. But I've come in today beating my previous personal best by a massive 8 strokes.

I've come in with 77 off the stick, net 60 and 48 points (with a wipe). 30 putts and 2 nearest the pins.

Being off 17 for the day with slope I was absolutely shitting myself when i was 2 under the card after 7 holes. a triple bogey and wipe on 8 while devastating helped settle my nerves and after scrambling for 2 points on 9, 10 & 12 I got back into the swing of things and crushed the back 9.

Absolutely stocked. Won the monthly medal by a big margin, beat my PB by a margin and broke 80 for the first time, thought it was going to be a long time before i did that.

And before my head wobble gets to much for everyone, I'm sure all members in vic/melb saw the conditions today, blowing a gale out there (teed off at mid-day) .

Going to frustrate the hell out of me for the next 50 years when im unable to replicate this round.

You can see my golflink in my signature to prove im actually a very average golfer (probably wont get updated til tomorrow)
    13 days early.

Well played

Nice work mate. I’m still going to kick your arse in the uncivil war though. And that has just been made easier. 😉

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Member Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    13 days early.

Well played
    Absolutely, although I'd never be able to front up again on this forum if i played like i did today.

Still just hoping i don't shank my first tee shot!

Member Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by SundayHack View Post
    Nice work mate. I’m still going to kick your arse in the uncivil war though. And that has just been made easier. 
    Game on mate! I'm a bit scared to see what my HC will come down to.

Thankfully I left a few shots out there today ��

Blog Entries

Wow, nice round Pickles. You should show up next weekend in a hamburgler costume and see if you get any laughs.

Keep some of that form for the Vic Champs!
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

Member Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    Wow, nice round Pickles. You should show up next weekend in a hamburgler costume and see if you get any laughs.

Keep some of that form for the Vic Champs!
    Haha thanks mate. Unfortunately at this stage I'm only playing on the friday, thursday is a possibilty but I'm booked in for a local 4bbb comp on the saturday and ambrose on the monday.

Hopefully I'll get along with everyone on the friday because I plan on drinking everyone under the table in future years

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Haha thanks mate. Unfortunately at this stage I'm only playing on the friday, thursday is a possibilty but I'm booked in for a local 4bbb comp on the saturday and ambrose on the monday.

Hopefully I'll get along with everyone on the friday because I plan on drinking everyone under the table in future years
    Pickles, the Friday is the day that counts. So bring it and get us Southerners over the line......AGAIN
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    35 points, with 3 4-point birdies and 3 wipes. Superb consistency.

I'm pretty happy though, because that's the first time I've had more than 32 points since August, and most of those rounds have been sub-30. First time in ages I've felt like I know where the ball is going. Didn't lose a ball, only 3-jiggled once, got out of all the bunkers I got into, and only bladed 2 chips. Let's not think about the fact that I only attempted 3 chips.
    ****. Why?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peppas View Post
    ****. Why?
    I'd like to say it was because I was nailing my irons all day long, but it's really because I wimp out and putt from anywhere inside 50m.

If you can shoot 80 off 15 on Friday you'll get along just fine with half the field.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Well played, Pickles!

I had 32pts in single stab this morning. It's been pissing rain here too, so it was preferred lies & all bunkers GUR.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

85 net 74 at Royal Gordonvale this morning. A Jekyll and Hyde front nine had me one under my handicap at the turn only to throw up all over myself on the back nine. Doubles on 12, 13 and 14 and my day was done.

Thankfully the course was in reasonable condition given how wet it has been lately.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by SundayHack View Post
    Nice work mate. I’m still going to kick your arse in the uncivil war though. And that has just been made easier. 😉
    Lol....🤣

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Pretty pissed off really. The game was finally there for most of today. With 19 points on the front including a wipe and a 1 pointer then simple pars on the next 2 holes I was cruising.

From there i scored 10 points. Allowing for this POS weak left-to-right ball flight I’ve been fighting since June I flushed at least 6 dead straight bullets to put me in the crap at least halve a dozen times. Trying really hard to eeek out a round so I’ve decided to play again Sunday and see if I can get something out of it.

33 points.

Thread Information