Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Papa's post is pretty well spot on.

As well as a putting mat for home practice I would suggest is to cut a club down so you can rehearse the swing inside (once you have a lesson and know what you are working on) without worrying about hitting anything.

Swing rehearsals in front of a mirror can be a great way to ingrain change without having to leave home and without the worry of actually hitting a ball.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Start with your short game, then when that's okay do some more short game, then after that some more short game, if in doubt do some more short game. Wedges from 100 - 20 yards.
    I understand the importance of the short game but for me, getting my long game sorted was my first priority. When I started playing again 6 months ago after a long time off, it was difficult for me to enjoy the game from the trees and hazards. I've been having lessons and practising the long game in my spare time and now I am keeping the ball in play much better and is shooting my handicap more often. I really look forward to working on my short game more which will have a positive impact on my scores but when there was limited time for practise, I could only work on one thing at a time.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

So I didn’t really bite on the short game commentary. Whilst I agree with it, it’s not my problem just now. It may not help me score, but it’s not costing me shots. There’s no point hitting great wedges when you’re more often than not in trouble off the tee.
    Anyway, have started lessons and have some drills to work on to get some better positions and feelings.
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by timah! View Post
    So I didn’t really bite on the short game commentary. Whilst I agree with it, it’s not my problem just now. It may not help me score, but it’s not costing me shots. There’s no point hitting great wedges when you’re more often than not in trouble off the tee.
    Anyway, have started lessons and have some drills to work on to get some better positions and feelings.
    That is where I found a cut down club invaluable. Easy to rehearse in front of TV without fear of hitting anything!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by timah! View Post
    So I didn’t really bite on the short game commentary. Whilst I agree with it, it’s not my problem just now. It may not help me score, but it’s not costing me shots. There’s no point hitting great wedges when you’re more often than not in trouble off the tee. Anyway, have started lessons and have some drills to work on to get some better positions and feelings.
    Sounds like you've got a plan! Good luck with it.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

I have been scoring poorly on par 3's of late,infact last 3 rounds I have hit 1 green and had 2 pars.Been working on keeping the club flatter as I felt I was getting a little upright and causing me to miss right.Tonight I worked mainly on my 8 iron and pw approaches.Hit them not to bad,but still see them leeking if I don't commit to the shot

Thread Information