Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 1000 AUD, Received: 1114 AUD (112%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Newbie

  1. #1

    Default Newbie

    Hey Everyone,

    Seems like a great forum, I play every Sunday at 3pm at Bonnie Doon Golf Club in Sydney,

    I have 3 spots every week so if anyone fancies a game sometime let me know.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Order of Merit winner
    Join Date
    Sep 03, 2012
    Location
    Up shit creek
    Posts
    9,939

    Default

    How does that work in winter?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)
    Join Date
    Apr 12, 2015
    Location
    South Oz
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Hello
    Mentally screwed with a bad case of tourette's

  4. #4
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Join Date
    Feb 25, 2008
    Location
    Online on Sportingbet....
    Posts
    25,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCircles View Post
    Hey Everyone, Seems like a great forum, I play every Sunday at 3pm at Bonnie Doon Golf Club in Sydney, I have 3 spots every week so if anyone fancies a game sometime let me know.
    What sort of membership do you have?

  5. #5

    Default

    I change the times in winter..

    I just have a 5 day membership. So I play social golf at the weekend and use sites like meetup to find people to play with.

    I've developed my own app called greencircles golf so that it's easier for people to find people to play social golf with. Have a look and let me know what you think.

    If anyone fancies a game let me know.

  6. #6

    Default

    That's awesome, will definitely checking that out. Would be great to be able to organise games with different players and improve my game.
    😊

  7. #7
    Senior Member Order of Merit winner
    Join Date
    Sep 03, 2012
    Location
    Up shit creek
    Posts
    9,939

    Default

    That explains where the 4th spot went

  8. #8
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Join Date
    Feb 25, 2008
    Location
    Online on Sportingbet....
    Posts
    25,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCircles View Post
    I change the times in winter..I just have a 5 day membership. So I play social golf at the weekend and use sites like meetup to find people to play with.I've developed my own app called greencircles golf so that it's easier for people to find people to play social golf with. Have a look and let me know what you think.If anyone fancies a game let me know.
    Do you play in the mon, wed, fri comps?

  9. #9

    Default

    I can't play Monday to Friday due to work. But when I play on the Sunday it's usually match play for a bit of competitiveness.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Order of Merit winner
    Join Date
    Oct 23, 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,876
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    One joining fee. Four new players.

    Bargain.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

  11. #11
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Join Date
    Feb 25, 2008
    Location
    Online on Sportingbet....
    Posts
    25,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCircles View Post
    I can't play Monday to Friday due to work. But when I play on the Sunday it's usually match play for a bit of competitiveness.
    You do know how much visitors fees are...

  12. #12

    Default

    Visitor Fees are $75 for 18 holes. $50 for 9 holes

  13. #13
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Join Date
    Feb 25, 2008
    Location
    Online on Sportingbet....
    Posts
    25,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    One joining fee. Four new players.

    Bargain.
    Dotty, you know as well as I most guys on here won't fork out $70+ for a social round on a Sunday...
    Christ I couldn't even entice 1 oz golfer for a free round on New Year's Day! ��

  14. #14
    Senior Member Order of Merit winner
    Join Date
    Oct 23, 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,876
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Dotty, you know as well as I most guys on here won't fork out $70+ for a social round on a Sunday...
    Christ I couldn't even entice 1 oz golfer for a free round on New Year's Day! ��
    Tempting, but it was free golf at Bonnie Doon vs. an unpaid outdoor painting job west of Windsor in 38* heat.

    I was having a dig at the Parmaster-like 'One gets in and three ride on the coattails' instead of associating with the existing club members.

    p.s. I thoroughly enjoyed my game last NYD and didn't want to monopolise your offers.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

  15. #15
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Join Date
    Feb 25, 2008
    Location
    Online on Sportingbet....
    Posts
    25,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Tempting, but it was free golf at Bonnie Doon vs. an unpaid outdoor painting job west of Windsor in 38* heat. I was having a dig at the Parmaster-like 'One gets in and three ride on the coattails' instead of associating with the existing club members.p.s. I thoroughly enjoyed my game last NYD and didn't want to monopolise your offers.
    You know your always welcome mate! 😉

  16. #16

    Default

    Hello, nice to meet u!

  17. #17
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Join Date
    Jun 18, 2004
    Location
    Enjoying retirement - from ebays idiots!
    Posts
    29,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamclernon View Post
    That's awesome, will definitely checking that out. Would be great to be able to organise games with different players and improve my game.
    ��
    would have been pretty blowy, how did your game improve this week?


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie from WA
    By InsaltZ in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 3rd April 2012, 12:09 AM
  2. Another Newbie
    By big stu in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th April 2011, 05:10 AM
  3. Another Newbie...
    By waz101 in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22nd March 2011, 10:59 AM
  4. newbie here
    By wackyclubber in forum Golf Matters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th February 2011, 03:01 PM
  5. Yep another newbie here
    By Jen in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 29th January 2011, 08:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Back to top