Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 2018 PGA Tour

Senior Member Major Winner

And for the stats fans out there, Tiger has been the strongest player throughout the year, averaging 10.8 owgr points everytime he tees it up. This sees him being 33% better than Brooks for the year, and more than 40% better than everyone else in the field.

Surprisingly, Jordan comes in 28th, earning only 1/4 what Tiger does. As expected since Tiger is easily 4times better.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    And for the stats fans out there, Tiger has been the strongest player throughout the year, averaging 10.8 owgr points everytime he tees it up. This sees him being 33% better than Brooks for the year, and more than 40% better than everyone else in the field.

Surprisingly, Jordan comes in 28th, earning only 1/4 what Tiger does. As expected since Tiger is easily 4times better.

Enjoy!

Tiger won 3 majors? I missed those.

* I rounded up

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

How good is Bryson D! 66 66 65 66, the man is (a very precise) machine! His swing is amazing, and what it takes to repeat it like he does, respect!

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Tiger won 3 majors? I missed those.

* I rounded up
    If # of majors is your yardstick, I spose you have an argument.

I was hoping someone would have picked up the glaring maths error of using 2yrs worth of starts as the divisor. I got a chuckle out of it when I realised a ****ed it up this morning.

Using the 2018 start numbers logic, Brooks does scrape in ahead of JRose, and Tiger is top 10. 25yojs is still outside the top 25 though, which makes me

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I was hoping someone would have picked up the glaring maths error of using 2yrs worth of starts as the divisor. I got a chuckle out of it when I realised a ****ed it up this morning.

Using the 2018 start numbers logic, Brooks does scrape in ahead of JRose, and Tiger is top 10. 25yojs is still outside the top 25 though, which makes me
    The points gained and lost columns are where detractors of the OGWR’s should look to get an understanding. BUT...should it be 2 years or would something shorter make it more volatile?

Tiger is nett 217 for the year whereas Brooks is nett 163 and DJ is nett -50 odd.

I think the best thing these days is there is no Norman, Faldo, Tiger that’s absolutely dominating for years and years on end.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    The points gained and lost columns are where detractors of the OGWR’s should look to get an understanding. BUT...should it be 2 years or would something shorter make it more volatile?

Tiger is nett 217 for the year whereas Brooks is nett 163 and DJ is nett -50 odd.

I think the best thing these days is there is no Norman, Faldo, Tiger that’s absolutely dominating for years and years on end.
    It's interesting, as Tiger has a good income of points, but none dropping off from last year. He is getting penalised by the 40 tourny divisor rule. Anyway, he was ranked inside the top 10 for the year (Brooks, JR, DJ, Rory, BD, Moli, Tommy, JT, Tiger, JDay). Seems about right for the best 10 in the world this year.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Not only did Bryson get the win, it looks like he’s stepping up the mad scientist stuff even further next year. Wonder how he’s going to COR test the flagsticks?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....se-science/amp
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Default 2018 PGA Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Not only did Bryson get the win, it looks like he’s stepping up the mad scientist stuff even further next year. Wonder how he’s going to COR test the flagsticks?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....se-science/amp
    C’mon, that’s easy.

Develop a machine that putts balls at flags at various velocities, fire it up/down different slopes, stimps, grains, grasses, holes at varying depths of insertedness.

Have a super high speed camera focus at ground level and birds eye view and track the reaction on different makes and models of flags.

From there he’ll extrapolate the data to provide the insight that its best to take the flag out on 99.97% of holes except for downhill, down grain putts stimping 12.6+ on Tiff Dwarf Bermuda greens only, anytime between May and August when the sun is at peak azimuth and the moon is in the high tide location BUT only if the humidity is below 75% and the turf moisture is below 86% and the camera tower is at the 9 o’clock position from the direction of the tee.

I didn’t look at the numbers. I’m not interested in your facts

Easy easy Japanesey

C’mon, that’s easy.

Develop a machine that putts balls at flags at various velocities, fire it up/down different slopes, stimps, grains, grasses, holes at varying depths of insertedness.

Have a super high speed camera focus at ground level and birds eye view and track the reaction on different makes and models of flags.

From there he’ll extrapolate the data to provide the insight that its best to take the flag out on 99.97% of holes except for downhill, down grain putts stimping 12.6+ on Tiff Dwarf Bermuda greens only, anytime between May and August when the sun is at peak azimuth and the moon is in the high tide location BUT only if the humidity is below 75% and the turf moisture is below 86% and the camera tower is at the 9 o’clock position from the direction of the tee.
    Tequila and apple juice does strange things to people

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Tequila and apple juice does strange things to people
    Jacobs Creek 2012 Double Barrel Shiraz tonight, my favourite go-to for steak sandwiches.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

C’mon, that’s easy.

Only in the Northern hemisphere.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

What a morning of golf!!!

Patrick Rogers almost stealing it with a weekend 61/62, really happy for CH3 though. He's a cash machine, one of the best ball stikers on tour but just couldn't get the wins on the board. Awesome.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Disclaimer. I have rewritten this post three times, because I keep finding arguments that destroy my own solution. And you know what is said about people who argue with themselves. Nevertheless, here we go with version 4.

For the first time in a very long time, I didn't watch one shot of the tournament that just finished. It probably didn't help that Fox didn't replay any of the rounds, and that the Aussie Golf Open and the Euro Final were both on. But I just didn't care about the RSM, and I simply wasn't motivated to record and watch any of the rounds.

I think the primary reason for my apathy is that the season should be already over, and it feels like the players and media are just going through the motions. I've struggled to retain interest through the last few shoulder season events, ever since the HSBC in China.

I'm thinking the Euro Tour and the LPGA have both got a better end of season format, and now both tours will have a bit of a break at a logical time, and then start up again at a logical time.

I can understand the PGA Tour dilemma though, particularly after attending the playoff event in New Jersey in August. The PGA don't want to lose some of their biggest markets at a good time of the year to watch golf in August and September, but they find it hard to compete with the start of the NFL season. So they want their events at that time of the year to be full of good players and be meaningful. But doing that kills the rest of the year.

I also understand the weather in the North East turns bad quite quickly, so it is hard to simply move the Playoffs to November.

Nevertheless, i'm thinking that to have a meaningful playoff system and appropriate end of the year, maybe they have to bite the bullet and move to October and/or November, with playoff events in California Arizona or Florida. The current system doesn't work, and I think the Tour know it, which is why they keep changing it.

Or just have one final event, and not worry about the winner being the Fedex Cup winner. The Dubai event was still very good, even though the Race to Dubai was already decided.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Disclaimer. I have rewritten this post three times, because I keep finding arguments that destroy my own solution. And you know what is said about people who argue with themselves. Nevertheless, here we go with version 4.
    Agree completely... let the players have an off season or run some web.com or some pre Q tournaments like they do with college football.

I am so over golf and i am not even playing.

AC

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Pfffttttt? LPGA is where it's at, go Lexi!!!!
    Stick that in your ear arm chair viewer dobber.😘

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Pfffttttt? LPGA is where it's at, go Lexi!!!!
    Stick that in your ear arm chair viewer dobber.
    She's a cheat. Wonder how long it will be before the true story from someone in that group come out in someones memoir?

The Dubai event was still very good, even though the Race to Dubai was already decided.
    Agreed Jim. I'd go a step further though. Everything about the European tour is better. The tournaments, the players, the courses, everything. Might not have as much cashola on offer as the PGA tour but it's far more interesting than the PGA Tour. I am glad to hear CHIII had a win though. He seems like a decent bloke, unlike some of the other PGA Tour muppets.

For the first time in a very long time, I didn't watch one shot of the tournament that just finished. It probably didn't help that Fox didn't replay any of the rounds, and that the Aussie Golf Open and the Euro Final were both on. But I just didn't care about the RSM, and I simply wasn't motivated to record and watch any of the rounds.

I think the primary reason for my apathy is that the season should be already over, and it feels like the players and media are just going through the motions. I've struggled to retain interest through the last few shoulder season events, ever since the HSBC in China.

I'm thinking the Euro Tour and the LPGA have both got a better end of season format, and now both tours will have a bit of a break at a logical time, and then start up again at a logical time.

I can understand the PGA Tour dilemma though, particularly after attending the playoff event in New Jersey in August. The PGA don't want to lose some of their biggest markets at a good time of the year to watch golf in August and September, but they find it hard to compete with the start of the NFL season. So they want their events at that time of the year to be full of good players and be meaningful. But doing that kills the rest of the year.

I also understand the weather in the North East turns bad quite quickly, so it is hard to simply move the Playoffs to November.

Nevertheless, i'm thinking that to have a meaningful playoff system and appropriate end of the year, maybe they have to bite the bullet and move to October and/or November, with playoff events in California Arizona or Florida. The current system doesn't work, and I think the Tour know it, which is why they keep changing it.

Or just have one final event, and not worry about the winner being the Fedex Cup winner. The Dubai event was still very good, even though the Race to Dubai was already decided.
    Jim you do realise the Euro Tour kicks off this week in Hong Kong??

#MassiveOffseason

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Jim you do realise the Euro Tour kicks off this week in Hong Kong??

#MassiveOffseason
    No, I didn't.

And if that is the case it is silly. I knew Hong Kong was before Xmas but not so soon.

EDIT: I just had a look at the Euro schedule. I had forgotten completely that the Aussie PGA, and the South African events are co-sanctioned. But the same criticism applies. It is difficult to get interested in those events from a Euro Tour perspective. Besides, hardly any of the top Euro guys play those events, except for Hong Kong.

Jazz.

Please tell us the full story of Lexi the cheat, as you obviously know something others don't. Did she do something in the event just completed?
    Last edited by jimandr; 19th November 2018 at 10:23 PM.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Banned

Jazz.

Please tell us the full story of Lexi the cheat, as you obviously know something others don't. Did she do something in the event just completed?
    Nope, nothing from the most recent event (that I know of anyway - didn't watch it). Just the ANA Inspiration (I think) when she moved her ball about a foot on the green and then had a sook when she got penalised for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Nope, nothing from the most recent event (that I know of anyway - didn't watch it). Just the ANA Inspiration (I think) when she moved her ball about a foot on the green and then had a sook when she got penalised for it.
    Was 2-3 inches but it was to avoid a spike mark and clearly visible on camera.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I just had a look at the Euro schedule. I had forgotten completely that the Aussie PGA, and the South African events are co-sanctioned. But the same criticism applies. It is difficult to get interested in those events from a Euro Tour perspective. Besides, hardly any of the top Euro guys play those events, except for Hong Kong.
    I really like the Sunshine Tour (and the HK event) unlike the Euro tour I've played most of the courses which makes the viewing better for me.

Agree on your earlier point on the US Tour, I'm like a top notch pro, Hawaii will be my first event, this stuff at the moment is a bit dull, although the advent of Cameron Champ has certainly prompted some interweb chat between Brandel and the roll back brigade (well done Clayts and Matt Mollica)

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Managed to catch a bit of the World Cup this morning. Metro is playing very very soft and getting torn up. Hopefully the rain stays away the next 3 days and the course firms up and gets some teeth.

I'm enjoying seeing all the holes that murdered me presented on TV.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Thread Information