Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Ugh.... 12 points on front nine and 20 for back... reverse of yesterday's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    77/66 stroke18/22 for 40 points.11 of 13 fairways7 greens in regPar 5's played in parPar 3's played 4 over31 putts
    Good score did you win ?

Final of summer cup ( board event), name is now going up on the board.

Good round today.....couldnt of been worse than yesterday. 73 so 69 with hc

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Final of summer cup ( board event), name is now going up on the board.
    Congrats Ray.Saw the happy snap with you and Basil.It got pretty hot and humid once that sun burnt thru.
    Bruce came in with 64 nett,I don't qualify as a new member.Cant win a medal for the first 3 months.They have managed to qualify me for pennant if I want to play.Need to find out more from Mike about that

Congrats Ray.Saw the happy snap with you and Basil.It got pretty hot and humid once that sun burnt thru.Bruce came in with 64 nett,I don't qualify as a new member.Cant win a medal for the first 3 months.They have managed to qualify me for pennant if I want to play.Need to find out more from Mike about that
    Ah ok , lucky you didn’t have a great score . You would have qualified for the matchplay I hope . Pennant is just matchplay( one on one ) against other clubs , is good fun unless you run into a dickhead or two

Ah ok , lucky you didn’t have a great score . You would have qualified for the matchplay I hope . Pennant is just matchplay( one on one ) against other clubs , is good fun unless you run into a dickhead or two
    Nah don't qualify for matchplay either.I think it is a way to stop someone coming in and winning everything with a jacked up handicap then protecting it during winter to do it again at another club.
    With Pennant just need to find out when it is played and what the commitment is

[QUOTE=JoeS;1370160]Congrats Ray.Saw the happy snap with you and Basil.It got pretty hot and humid once that sun burnt thru.Beaconhills were quick to put it up on Facebook, it certainly was hot , humidity was the killer , bit like playing in cairns at 8 am on any day

Nah don't qualify for matchplay either.I think it is a way to stop someone coming in and winning everything with a jacked up handicap then protecting it during winter to do it again at another club.With Pennant just need to find out when it is played and what the commitment is
    Is on soon and is usually Sunday mornings , about 3 home games and 3 away , maybe four of each , then a final , you don’t have to play every week as long as they know in advance

Not sure if anyone told you,Basil spent 2 hours on the green on Thursday practicing

Is on soon and is usually Sunday mornings , about 3 home games and 3 away , maybe four of each , then a final , you don’t have to play every week as long as they know in advance
    Cheers ,I will check with Mike W next Saturday

Not sure if anyone told you,Basil spent 2 hours on the green on Thursday practicing
    Yeah , they were giving him heaps about it , I spent an hour yesterday working on my chipping yes and it was the worst part of my game today

Yeah , they were giving him heaps about it , I spent an hour yesterday working on my chipping yes and it was the worst part of my game today
    Haha.Putting to much pressure on yourself

32 points at Mirage Country Club in Port Douglas this morning. We had to play the front nine twice as the back nine was closed due the amount of rain we've had over the past week.

It's been quite a while since I've played Mirage and I'd forgotten how tight it is in spots. A few out of bounds and some custard-head shots killed any chances of a good score. At least the weather was fine.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Haha.Putting to much pressure on yourself
    I was determined to win , I made the final of single matchplay couple years ago and got my butt kicked , so wasn’t losing today . My chipping has been pretty ordinary of late so did some work on it . I last won one of these 4 bbb matchplays 43 yrs ago , so wasn’t going to miss this one .

40 points today off 7 at Penrith
    3 birdies , 4 bogies and a double
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 driver proforce V2 STaylorMade 2016 M2 3 woodMizuno mp fli-hi 21*Mizuno mp h4 4-pw KBS c-taper lite 105 rTitleist sm4 50, 54* & 58* Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider cs

I was determined to win , I made the final of single matchplay couple years ago and got my butt kicked , so wasn’t losing today . My chipping has been pretty ordinary of late so did some work on it . I last won one of these 4 bbb matchplays 43 yrs ago , so wasn’t going to miss this one .
    For chipping practice I play off the carpet at home.If you can make good contact and chip into a beanbag consistently,then contact on tje course should be more consistent

For chipping practice I play off the carpet at home.If you can make good contact and chip into a beanbag consistently,then contact on tje course should be more consistent
    I have a mat set up in the garage I use for chipping , need to use it every night for a week . Contact is the problem, I get a little jumpy and move or look up to early which then causes me to chunk at lot of chips

Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Hmmm... played more consistent today but still 33 points. Blown only 1 hole.
    After getting into the process of adjusting my left hand grip to a more open face feel. I am actually hitting the ball really high, straight and seems to be further today... felt like an extra club's distance.. maybe the extra height is giving me more distance.

Driver was well behaved with an advise from a playing partner of throwing a bucket of water straight in my visualisation. Plus the open face grip I actually drove some great shots today.

Just chipping and a few 3 putts didn't help

I have a mat set up in the garage I use for chipping , need to use it every night for a week . Contact is the problem, I get a little jumpy and move or look up to early which then causes me to chunk at lot of chips
    I do that chipping quite often too.

77 off the stick today. Only hit 6 greens. Missed a lot right, think the ball position has slipped to far back.

Member Club Champion

Yesterday hit 81 off the stick for a nett 61. Dropped 1.3 shots from 20 to 18.7

Not helping my chances at avoiding back2back NAGA's at Vic Champs coming up.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Feelzy View Post
    Yesterday hit 81 off the stick for a nett 61. Dropped 1.3 shots from 20 to 18.7Not helping my chances at avoiding back2back NAGA's at Vic Champs coming up.
    Silly boy!(Well played mate. )

Senior Member Major Winner

Nett 67 @ Wynnum today.. 6 shots behind the leader.
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Thread Information