Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Walked a casual 9 holes with my 12yo this arvo. First time ever i played 1 under for the 9

Senior Member Major Winner

2nd comp round in for the year, again at Maryborough. Something has changed in 2018, as I can hit a ball again. Driver was great, irons were superb, only issue I had was leaving everything short with the putter on the front 9.

Front 9 was good, with 19pts including a stupid wipe on the easy par 5 fifth. Finished it by knocking in a nice birdie on 9.

10-17 saw 7 pars and 2 bogeys to be +2 off the stick. A poor drive on 18 clipped the tree and ricocheted into the lake, seeing a lazy 1pointer on the last for 22pts on the back.

Wont count for much, as our midweek DSR is hopeless, and the 2 blokes playing with me also shooting 41pts wont help. Was good to get out there - the course still needs a lot of work, but it's in the best nick it has been for a long time.

19 / 22 - 41pts
    8/13 fir
    9 gir
    32 putts
    1 bird
    10 par

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

My first and most important target today was to shoot the temperature, and I just made it. Temp was 31, and I shot 32.

I hit some good shots, but I couldn't string them together, and two greenside disasters destroyed any chance of a good score.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    My first and most important target today was to shoot the temperature, and I just made it. Temp was 31, and I shot 32.I hit some good shots, but I couldn't string them together, and two greenside disasters destroyed any chance of a good score.
    Its a bitch of a game.......i wish we had the chance to play in 31 temp in summer....... been well above that here and like 96% humidity in mornings, so beer and cart when playing it is

Living the dream Jake.
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Stroke yesty. Absolute shite.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

28 points at Gordonvale today. Just kept hitting all my irons left for the first seven holes and the damage was done. Sort of worked out what I was doing wrong and managed to play to handicap for the back nine.

The Mizuno ST180 driver that I won in a GolfBox promotion on Facebook went well most of the time and shows a lot of promise. It's not destined for the pro shop just yet.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Stroke round at beacy today , 76 net 68 ( 39 pts ) one birdie ( wasted a couple good chances) one double ( 3 putt ) driver was good , put myself in the crap playing safe with 3 wood a couple times , 28 putts, cap down to 7.5

Noice

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Stroke round at beacy today , 76 net 68 ( 39 pts ) one birdie ( wasted a couple good chances) one double ( 3 putt ) driver was good , put myself in the crap playing safe with 3 wood a couple times , 28 putts, cap down to 7.5
    Solid round

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Solid round
    Yeah was a good round , although I had one 3 putt , 35 putts Tuesday 28 putts today was main reason , greens were quicker today

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Wont count for much, as our midweek DSR is hopeless, and the 2 blokes playing with me also shooting 41pts wont help. Was good to get out there - the course still needs a lot of work, but it's in the best nick it has been for a long time
    Benno, have had some summer complaints about our DSR, usually C graders shooting the lights out, A graders unable to compete and hence a 37/38 becomes 33/34

Do you have a solution?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    28 points at Gordonvale today. Just kept hitting all my irons left for the first seven holes and the damage was done. Sort of worked out what I was doing wrong and managed to play to handicap for the back nine.

The Mizuno ST180 driver that I won in a GolfBox promotion on Facebook went well most of the time and shows a lot of promise. It's not destined for the pro shop just yet.
    Well done and I’m waiting when IT does

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post

34 points following you around.

Given up on Drivers and bunted 3 wood off the tee all day.

Course is in good nick.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Benno, have had some summer complaints about our DSR, usually C graders shooting the lights out, A graders unable to compete and hence a 37/38 becomes 33/34

Do you have a solution?
    No not really. For us it is year round, and a part of life. Downside of only using the blue tees for Saturday (where dsr usually equals par), and the whites every other day.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Benno, have had some summer complaints about our DSR, usually C graders shooting the lights out, A graders unable to compete and hence a 37/38 becomes 33/34Do you have a solution?
    Perry you can cap the dsr ours is capped at 69, it doesn’t stop the “c” grade 46 pointers straight away but over summer it will make sure they get their caps cut by more and don’t get shots back so quick . “A” graders will get them back in winter when they can’t play to their new h’cap Course set up is the other , more run in the course the further back the tees should be and the harder the pins should be ,is logical to me but both courses I have been at in last couple of summers do the opposite .

Just the one birdie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlover View Post
    Just the one birdie.
    Yeah only one , which was a long putt from the fringe , missed a couple 10 footers . Three birdies in a round is rare for me , most I ever had was 6 in a round . I still have a lot of work to do on my 100 mtr and under game .

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Well done and I’m waiting when IT does
    Dibs noted. 👍

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Yeah only one , which was a long putt from the fringe , missed a couple 10 footers . Three birdies in a round is rare for me , most I ever had was 6 in a round . I still have a lot of work to do on my 100 mtr and under game .
    Interesting.
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

38"c and humid as f@#k..... hit a 38 and 39 for 77 clothes are wet but beers are too. Course is drying out real fast here

Had a bash at the Gailes dingo today with Timah!

Some OK golf in there, starting with a tasty chip to 6in on the first hole, and also some crap starting with a run of diabolical play on the 2nd.

Finished up Net 77 (Par 73), so not all terrible.

Highlight was playing with Kilcoy Troy, who used used his -40deg AOA and 160mph club head speed to generate a 2deg launch angle, 250m carry, with an 89deg descent angle. That was worth cost of admission alone. And the 3 chip in from off the green birdies weren't bad either.

46/45 91 (net 77)
    4 pars
    a few 3 putts
    no putting off the green (a couple of my playing partners may have achieved this).

Stableford at Beaconhills today , 31 pts off 8 hcp 15/16 driver was off, putting was ordinary ( 2x3 putts in first 5 holes ) , chipping was a bit better thanks to Chappy adjusting the lofts on my wedges , no birdies and not enough pars .
    House of Chappy😜

3 over on the front nine and an even back.....got out of the way before temps went past 40 but still humid

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Finished 1,1,wipe for 34 points. 🤮

Thread Information