Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Snell Tour Ball

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Default Snell Tour Ball

Playing with a 3 cap yesterday who was using these Snell Tour Balls. He thinks they are as good as Pro V's and had bought this 6 dozen pack. The guys behind irt apparently had helped develop the Titleist and TM Tour balls. Thpughts?
    https://www.snellgolfaustralia.com.au/products/my-tour-ball-value-pack-6-dozen/

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Tried them - terrible in the wind, dont spin as much.
    WITB (27/12/2022):Titleist TSR3 10 (Tour AD-DI 7S), Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Tour AD-95R), Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi (Project X U R), Titleist T300 4-P (DG AMT R), TItleist SM8 50.12, 54.8, 58.8 (DG), Scotty Cameron Monoblok 6.5 (35”, LA Golf Soho)

I was very impressedwith them.

To me they were as good as most other tour balls

i have bought the trial pack and played 3 rounds with them. they are comparable with other urethane balls are far as i can tell (average golfer). currently trialing forte tps, apex 6 & prototype1, vice pro & pro+, srixon z, snell mtb, chrome soft. looking at no more then $45 a dozen

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by mugpunta View Post
    i have bought the trial pack and played 3 rounds with them. they are comparable with other urethane balls are far as i can tell (average golfer). currently trialing forte tps, apex 6 & prototype1, vice pro & pro+, srixon z, snell mtb, chrome soft. looking at no more then $45 a dozen
    I reckon the forte will win.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Ive had a few hits with the Snell, felt and performed fine.

Vices offering is quite good too.

Were is everyone getting the Vice balls from?

Quote Originally Posted by RobNewy View Post
    Were is everyone getting the Vice balls from?
    Just bought it from their online store $134 for 5 dozen of the Vice Tours

Thanks mate

Was ising the pro v1x......now use the tp5.......love em......im not the best golfer, dont care if its in my head, i like em

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
    Just bought it from their online store $134 for 5 dozen of the Vice Tours
    Thats good pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake peralta View Post
    Was ising the pro v1x......now use the tp5.......love em......im not the best golfer, dont care if its in my head, i like em
    I play off 1. Its all in the head. Any of the premium balls work fine. You just want to use the one that you are most confident with.

I reckon if you took the branding off any premo ball, I couldnt tell a difference.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

One of our pro's found a vice ball and thought it was an old balata.

It felt like a marshmallow off the club. And I thought it flew weird but I'm not sure what model it was.

Ill stick with the vision reds

I bought a club from some one a few months ago, and he gave me a sleeve of the Vice tours... hit it once, but then left in the bag and forgot about it.
    Was kind of accidental that I used it on Sunday's game as I forgot to bring a new sleeve of my normal Chrome Soft balls....
    I have a slowish swing speed at 95mph max for my driver; 7 iron distance is around the 140m mark
    Compare to the chrome soft I was using on Saturday, i found my short game with the Vice tour was excellent in terms of able to feel and control the right distance with my putting and chipping. spin rate must have been good because i find the ball was not moving much on the green from where it landed.
    Only downside I found was it seems to be slightly harder to control compare to the chrome soft off the driver..... not sure if it was just my swing for the day...

But was impressed enough for me to order the 5 dozen to try out

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    I play off 1. It’s all in the head. Any of the premium balls work fine. You just want to use the one that you are most confident with.

I reckon if you took the branding off any premo ball, I couldn’t tell a difference.
    Couldn't agree more, I play off 2 and I've messed around with Titleist, Forte, Callaway and have landed on the TP5 or TP5x. I'm more comfortable hitting it, for whatever reason that is i'm not sure. I used to feel pressure playing a Titleist, mainly because I didn't want to lose a $6 ball haha, so the original Tour Preferred TM ball got my vote as it was $20 cheaper. Played my best rounds with it so I've stuck with it. If they're all blank, you wouldn't recognise a great difference I wouldn't imagine, maybe around the greens and putting.
    WITB:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-6 with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Mizuno MP20 Blade 7-P with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Vokey SM7 50/08, 54/10, 60/08. 50deg in DG X100, 54deg & 60deg in S300.
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist ProV1

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Thats good pricing. I play off 1. Its all in the head. Any of the premium balls work fine. You just want to use the one that you are most confident with. I reckon if you took the branding off any premo ball, I couldnt tell a difference.
    Im off 5 now...or just under but a lot of sport is in your head ....i just like to see that little symbal. Only been at golf about 18 months so anything i think helps ill take

OK... Pretty impressed. Ordered on the 18th and just received the Vice balls today from Germany.

I see Snell are releasing 2 new balls - MTB Black (3 piece) and MTB Red (4 piece) with the red getting a optic yellow cover option. Unsure of a release date in Oz.

Vice Pro is leading at the moment (lowest scored round) but i have just ordered some Vision X Reds to trial. I do believe that it is probably mostly in my head as others have said!

I tried a Vice ball and found it to be very nice.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by mugpunta View Post
    I see Snell are releasing 2 new balls - MTB Black (3 piece) and MTB Red (4 piece) with the red getting a optic yellow cover option. Unsure of a release date in Oz.
    Just bumping this, Ive been playing the original Snell since around Xmas. Got an end of year deal for 6doz for just over $200. Really like them and have not found them lacking in any area and in fact I think theyre more durable than other premo pills.

At the recent OzGolf QLD Champs I won a few sleeves of the MTB Red and they are just as good. A bit too much spin for me with the irons but theyre great balls. Much brighter white than the original ball but still really durable and the feel is great. Will be buying a few more of the Black soon because Im down to my last dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Just bumping this, Ive been playing the original Snell since around Xmas. Got an end of year deal for 6doz for just over $200. Really like them and have not found them lacking in any area and in fact I think theyre more durable than other premo pills. At the recent OzGolf QLD Champs I won a few sleeves of the MTB Red and they are just as good. A bit too much spin for me with the irons but theyre great balls. Much brighter white than the original ball but still really durable and the feel is great. Will be buying a few more of the Black soon because Im down to my last dozen.
    Thats a great price. Might get some myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Thats a great price. Might get some myself.
    Thats the run out price. Theyre ~$250 for 6 doz.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Yeh been playing the Black for a while now. Love them. The Reds are a touch too spinny for me on the PW-8 iron range.

If you grab 3 dozen you get a bit of discount down to around $3.75 a ball. The durability is amazing. I retired my first 3 after 3 rounds each just for practice balls. Easily could keep playing them as the dropoff is minimal.

Totally recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slothman View Post
    Yeh been playing the Black for a while now. Love them. The Reds are a touch too spinny for me on the PW-8 iron range.

If you grab 3 dozen you get a bit of discount down to around $3.75 a ball. The durability is amazing. I retired my first 3 after 3 rounds each just for practice balls. Easily could keep playing them as the dropoff is minimal.

Totally recommend them.
    Not sure if the durability is surprising but it is fantastic, I have never seen a premo ball last as long. I 100% agree with the spin in the short irons, still manage to hit it a long way off the tee with driver and fairways BUT when you spin them it really spins.

Has anyone tried the Vice Pro Soft? Im keen to get some as Ive read good things.

Thread Information