Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hi,

I didn't have the Gyro, but I had the previous model that I loved, the MGI Navigator G800.

Unfortunately the motor controller and top box electronics got fried due to an electrical short.

I purchased the MGI Zip Navigator 25th Anniversary Edition and this is superior in every way over the G800.
    1. If stationary and you press the either turn button, it pivots on a dime, one wheel moves forward, the other moves in reverse
    2. When Zip Nav 25th is moving forward, if you press either turn arrow, the buggy slows slightly so you get a much better controlled turn, the G800 tended to continue with same speed and not as controllable
    3. The Zip Nav 25th has a thicker rear axle so less chance of axle breakage
    4. The Zip Nav 25thcomes with extra accessories over the other Zip models
    5. The Zip models with remote have a much better range where it will still turn or be controlled, whereas the G800 failed to turn at a distance
    Hope this helps some.

Cheerz

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    MGI Zip Navigator vs MGI Navigator Quad Gyro?
    WITB
    Driver: CALLAWAY Epic Flash 10.5* with Fujikura VENTUS VeloCore Blue 6-S
    Fairway: CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH #3 15* with Hzrdus Smoke
    Hybrid: Callaway Epic #2 18* GD Tour AD DI-85S
    Irons: Callaway 2014 Apex Forged 4-PW + AW TT XP95 S300
    Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56-13, 60-10
    Putter: 2019 Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line CS
    H/cap: 3.8

Clubmaker

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZaustgolfdiscountsQQhtZ-1

Senior Member Major Winner

Cool kids have the Zip Navigator.

I'll bring mine to Reddy so you can have a look.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post

I'll bring mine to Reddy so you can have a look.
    Looking forward to the catch up. Reddy Bay is looking the best it has been for quite a few years.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Zip is where it’s at Dave....��

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Real cool kids play half set and carry ... 😉

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    And cry look at how low my handicap is.

Dave, save up and get a Zip.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Wrong thread mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Wrong thread mate!
    Every thread is about how cool FIGJAM is.

I love figjam, missus just made some yesterday...

Nimbin girl?

I wish...
    But I did find a massive bud in a champion ruby bag the other day!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Dave, save up and get a Zip.
    Thanks. Any must get accessories? or are they pretty well set up as standard?

Seat, sand bottle.

I bought a Zip Navigator and have used it for my last couple of rounds. Generally goes OK, but seems to keep wanting to snail right all the time? Afraid I will wear the remote left button out pretty quickly! I thought the Gyro system was supposed to keep it on track?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I bought a Zip Navigator and have used it for my last couple of rounds. Generally goes OK, but seems to keep wanting to snail right all the time? Afraid I will wear the remote left button out pretty quickly! I thought the Gyro system was supposed to keep it on track?
    Have you try to adjust it?
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0098/6110/3716/files/Zip-Nav-Motor-Trimming.pdf?17405837945300545922

a
    lso noticed it on my Motocaddy S7 when I load more stuff on one side of the bag (water bottle)

Put the wheel on properly

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0098/6110/3716/files/Zip-Nav-Motor-Trimming.pdf?17405837945300545922

a
    lso noticed it on my Motocaddy S7 when I load more stuff on one side of the bag (water bottle)
    Exactly that...

Hi,

We all know it should track in predominently in a straight line.

I remember in my previous MGI G800 Navigator that you could turn OFF the GYRO by pressing the top right LOCK button, when ever you pressed one of the 4 arrow buttons, the top right LOCK button would illuminate RED and not track in a straight line.

Contact MGI, they have a live chat to see if the motors need synchronising like someone mentioned.

Cheerz

Last edited by daMANiack; 14th May 2019 at 02:51 PM.
    WITB
    Driver: CALLAWAY Epic Flash 10.5* with Fujikura VENTUS VeloCore Blue 6-S
    Fairway: CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH #3 15* with Hzrdus Smoke
    Hybrid: Callaway Epic #2 18* GD Tour AD DI-85S
    Irons: Callaway 2014 Apex Forged 4-PW + AW TT XP95 S300
    Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56-13, 60-10
    Putter: 2019 Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line CS
    H/cap: 3.8

Clubmaker

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZaustgolfdiscountsQQhtZ-1

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Put the wheel on properly
    Already double and triple checked that.

a
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Exactly that...
    Many thanks, that seems to have fixed it. It would have been helpful if that instruction sheet had been included with the buggy, or even been linked on the website. But then mine was missing the Battery and Charge cable when it arrived, so I guess it is a lottery......
    Last edited by Daves; 14th May 2019 at 04:20 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

lol... pretty sure most of us wont bother to read it if its in the manual

lol... pretty sure most of us wont bother to read it if its in the manual
    not initially anyway!

So a couple of months on with the Zip Navigator and I am still on the fence about it. I have not seen or used one of the cheaper models, but do wonder whether the Navigator is worth twice as much as an X1 or the slightly dearer X3?.

I get the extra battery power but don't really see the benefit of it. I would still recharge after every round as MGI recommend, and I am sure the smaller battery would easily last a round as well. The only upside is the batteries are almost the same price to replace (at least at present).

You learn a couple of things quickly with the MGIs; 1) make sure the dolly wheel is unfolded! 2) don't trust the remote 3) they don't like wet grass/surfaces

I find the wheel base is too short (and probably a touch narrow), the Zip will tip over way too easy at times. Its lack of any suspension also means it does not handle uneven ground that well. Playing recently with an owner of the previous model Quad Pro, he had much the same view. I only found out after I bought the Navigator that there is an AT (All Terrain) version, so MGI seems to acknowledge the issue as well.

With all the recent rain, I have been playing lots of wet courses. The Zip Wheels seem to lack traction in the wet and spin a lot. Not so much of an issue until you try and turn it or drive it up an incline. The Brake Steering seems to struggle with the slip and I had to hit the emergency stop the other day when it tried to go in the opposite direction (into a dam!) to the direction I was pushing on the remote.

MGIs support so far has been good. I bought some accessories via them (Protege Sports) and I also had the belt clip on the Remote break and they are sending me a replacement. Both transactions were easy and helpful.

So a couple of months on with the Zip Navigator and I am still on the fence about it. I have not seen or used one of the cheaper models, but do wonder whether the Navigator is worth twice as much as an X1 or the slightly dearer X3?.

I get the extra battery power but don't really see the benefit of it. I would still recharge after every round as MGI recommend, and I am sure the smaller battery would easily last a round as well. The only upside is the batteries are almost the same price to replace (at least at present).

You learn a couple of things quickly with the MGIs; 1) make sure the dolly wheel is unfolded! 2) don't trust the remote 3) they don't like wet grass/surfaces

I find the wheel base is too short (and probably a touch narrow), the Zip will tip over way too easy at times. Its lack of any suspension also means it does not handle uneven ground that well. Playing recently with an owner of the previous model Quad Pro, he had much the same view. I only found out after I bought the Navigator that there is an AT (All Terrain) version, so MGI seems to acknowledge the issue as well.

With all the recent rain, I have been playing lots of wet courses. The Zip Wheels seem to lack traction in the wet and spin a lot. Not so much of an issue until you try and turn it or drive it up an incline. The Brake Steering seems to struggle with the slip and I had to hit the emergency stop the other day when it tried to go in the opposite direction (into a dam!) to the direction I was pushing on the remote.

MGIs support so far has been good. I bought some accessories via them (Protege Sports) and I also had the belt clip on the Remote break and they are sending me a replacement. Both transactions were easy and helpful.
    I'd agree with most of what you say there Dave. I also learnt the hard way about getting the 4th wheel out. I find the best way to use the Zip Navigator is:
    1. Hold onto the handle when going up or across steep banks, especially when wet.
    2. Hold on to the handle when near water, or crossing bridges.

At Maryborough, that means I use it in "non remote" mode around the 8th/9th and 16th holes.

The other issue i have is the top bag mount always falls into its lowest position - which means the bag is leaning on the soft part (and the wedge shafts) on certain bags, making it hard to pull wedges out. Ferrins has a newer version, and his has a locking mechanism that holds the top mount higher. As an interim, i use a rubber wedge to keep it up.

Even with these issues I am happy with the purchase.

On another note, we had 3 navigators in our group at RQ. Super flash!

I'd agree with most of what you say there Dave. I also learnt the hard way about getting the 4th wheel out. I find the best way to use the Zip Navigator is:
    1. Hold onto the handle when going up or across steep banks, especially when wet.
    2. Hold on to the handle when near water, or crossing bridges.

At Maryborough, that means I use it in "non remote" mode around the 8th/9th and 16th holes.

The other issue i have is the top bag mount always falls into its lowest position - which means the bag is leaning on the soft part (and the wedge shafts) on certain bags, making it hard to pull wedges out. Ferrins has a newer version, and his has a locking mechanism that holds the top mount higher. As an interim, i use a rubber wedge to keep it up.

Even with these issues I am happy with the purchase.

On another note, we had 3 navigators in our group at RQ. Super flash!

Thanks Benno, yes they do look good and it always draw comments when I play. Most will want to tell you about the time so and so put their motorised buggy in that dam, creek etc...!

I am still happy to bought it. It does basically what I wanted it to do and that is reduce fatigue at the end of a my rounds, and enable me to play hilly courses without resorting to an electric cart.

I have mine set up for the way I play now;
    IMAG2687.jpg

Mine does have the new type lockable bag mount, though I had not really noticed it to you mentioned it. I do find the storage is limited. I would probably do away with the seat if it wasn't also the only storage area. I miss the ClicGear net set up (though not much else).

I find regular cleaning/maintenance is required, especially with soggy conditions. And the axle spindles seem to attract a lot of sand and dirt and need to be regularly clean/cleared and greased. No real risk of grinding between wheel and hub, but probably won't do the seals any good long term.

And is doesn't quite fit in my boot, without having to remove a wheel (which is simple enough to do).

Thread Information