Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Cleveland Mini Review

One of my mates just came back from Brisneyland with a whole new set of clubs!

His setup is as follows:

Cleveland Launcher 400 (9.5° with Graffalloy Blue [reg]) new
    Callaway Steelhead 3 metal
    Deep Red 5 wood
    Cleveland TA2 irons with Project X 5.5 rifles new
    Cleveland CG 52° new
    Titleist Oilcan Vokey 58°
    Odyssey White Hot (No. 2 I think)
    Cleveland Staff Bag new

I had a hit with him this afternoon and sampled his wares:
    The Launcher:
    I love this club. After trying the Deep Bore with the Blue, I wasn't fussed on the shaft, but now I have tried yje blue with a normal sized head, I may have to reassess my preferred shaft combo! Very forgiving, distance is good, feedback is great (mainly due to the shaft, I feel)
    The TA2's:
    These irons are not my go. They may as well be blades. I hit a couple of 7 irons on the 151m 11th at Cairns. I hit them roughly the same distance as my Revo's, but the TA2's are nowhere near as soft. I hit a couple only a little off centre and had my hands jarred quite significantly. After that, I handed them back.
    The CG10:
    I only had a few chips with it, and it is hard to judge because it takes a while to become accustomed to a new or different wedge. I will say this though: It has beautiful balance and weight. If I need a new wedge anytime soon, it will be a Cleveland CG.
    The Staff Bag:
    Looks really sweet except for the bloody US flag on it
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

across the border, they have the exact same driver....
    I'm not too sure if I would take up the offer, but for less than 460bucks, that might be allright...how much did he pay for it???

I've hit the CG2...great feel...but wedges are wedges...
    I've never been able to get used to the look of the cleve head at address...I'm just weird...
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Currently Undecided: Ping G10 or BStone J33R
    Currently Undecided: Cally Fusion 3W or Cally Steelhead III 3+W or Titleist 904F
    Currently Undecided: King Cobra 2300IM or Cally X20 Tour
    Switch BTW: TM RAC 52/58 & Cleve RTG 53/58
    Wilson TPA Blade

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Interesting that the Blue felt better in the Clevo. I like the Launchers, they are very classic looking. I've only hit the 300's though... I'm not a fan of the TA2 either. They look almost the same as the TA3, but NOT being forged takes away from their feel, IMO.

I got my eye on those CG10 wedges too. I just gotta wear out my old 797's. Seeing as I don't practice and only occasionally play, that could take about 30 years!!!

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas
    I got my eye on those CG10 wedges too. I just gotta wear out my old 797's. Seeing as I don't practice and only occasionally play, that could take about 30 years!!!
    Vegas,
    You don't need any other excuse to buy new stuff, other than you want it!!!!!

Iain

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Thread Information