Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default 2018 VIC Champs, March 8-12 - Bellarine!!!!

Well, we're finally making it there. Through the shithole that is Geelong and out the other side!

The 2018 Victorian Championships will be held on the Bellarine Peninsula, and couldn't be more linksy if we tried! How do you feel about that Lefty?

Here are the nitty gritties thus far. Please note we are still unconfirmed for the Monday venue, we'll update with details as soon as possible but as this is only 4.5 months away I thought details should go out as soon as possible. Also note (SundayHack!) that this event has switched from early Feb to early March this year because of my inconvenient brother and his bloody wedding.

Ozgolf VIC Champs 2018 Course Itinerary

Thursday 8th March
    Curlewis Golf Club
    24 Booked
    1 tee start from 2.30 pm
    $35.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    No Catering available

Friday 9th March

Barwon Heads GC
    40 Booked
    Shotgun start from approx 1PM
    $95 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    No Carts (pull buggies available)
    Unfortunately they're hosting their own local derby of some sorts in the morning, so won't be able to host us for lunch or dinner that evening. I hope this doesn't detract too much from the Uncivil War experience for everyone.

Saturday 10th March
    13th Beach - Beach Course
    40 Booked
    1 tee start from 9.08 am
    $94.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    Carts booked. but can't remember how many / how much etc.

Sunday 11th March
    13th Beach - Creek Course
    40 Booked
    1 tee start from 9.08 am
    $94.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    Carts booked. but can't remember how many / how much etc.

Monday 12th March
    Queenscliff (Swan Island)
    Shotgun start at 7.30am
    $30.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    Barbecue lunch provided

Rough Golf Costs (as I'm doing this at work and can't find my ****ing notes anywhere!)
    $35.00 - Curlewis
    $95.00 - Barwon Heads GC
    $94.00 – 13th Beach - Beach
    $94.00 – 13th Beach - Creek
    $30.00 – Queenscliff (Swan Island)
    Approx $348.00 (Approx $400.00 with shared cart on weekend)
    Plus
    $10.00 – per round for Prizes

Accommodation
    As we'll be down on the Bellarine all days it makes no sense to go to Andi's lovely place of residence. Thank you for all the years of service Andi, and we'll be back in 2019! So substituting in this year will be the Bellarine Lodge!
    Price of accomm is the princely sum of....... $30 a night. 2 showers is a bit of a problem, but it just means that every morning if you see the shower free, jump in it!

So there you have it! You'll NEVER get a cheaper and more convenient VIC Champs weekend than this. Minimal movement from home base to courses, 4 top 100 golf courses (depending on which sites you use), maximum time lounging around on Saturday after the golf to shoot the shit and sink piss (cos, you know, what else are you going to do? Go into Geelong!?!?!
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!)

Come at me Bro's!

BSB 303-092
    Acc no. 4959945
    Nicholas D Hoggan

Sorry guys, you'll have to deal with a static sheet of where we're at for the moment until we can figure out why Google Sheets is no longer linking...

Current as at 13-02-2018

Static 130218.jpg
    Last edited by LeftyHoges; 13th February 2018 at 03:11 PM.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

841A5709-90DF-47BF-A33E-0FAE41DE8DCC.jpg
    The Champ getting late night chipping lesson. Didn’t need it hitting fairways and greens.
    Last edited by SundayHack; 16th March 2018 at 07:50 PM.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

GOLFLINK

GOLFLINK

GOLFLINK

GOLFLINK

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by SundayHack View Post

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Recharge station from memory
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Quote Originally Posted by SundayHack View Post
    Attachment 47650
    The Champ getting late night chipping lesson. Didn’t need it hitting fairways and greens.
    Glove on and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasto23 View Post
    Recharge station from memory
    Wireless charging port.

Asking for it.
    Last edited by Lagerlover; 17th March 2018 at 04:43 PM.

He was waiting for Toddy! 🤣

This is well overdue, sorry, have been flat out!!!

Wow.

Well, what can you say about that champs. One of the best we've had, IMHO.

Another Victorian Champs has been successfully run and won. Just 350ish depressing days until it all happens again.

My congratulations again go to our newly crowned Champion, Captain Nemo, you truly opened up your legs (you dirty little whore!) and showed us your class on the Sunday with 43 fantastic points around a tough and demanding layout. 24 points on that back 9 when it seemed every hole played across or into the stiff wind was an exceptional effort. Congratulations on 3 solid scores, and another successful jaunt down South, you always seem to take a trophy home (must be all that practice!), speaks highly of your consistency

Well done also to Peter_rs for your second placing, a first and a second at VIC Champs goes well on your golfing resume fella! And to PeteyD for a come from nowhere podium finish. Great to have you back in VIC, and well and truly recovered it seems!!!

Congratulations to The Union on levelling the scores to 3-3, and personal congrats to Shazza_rs as the first ever female winning captain. Clearly scared those boys of yours into submission under threat of verbal tirade, or something. Well done to all on a fantastically close contest, my apologies for forgetting the players for the all-important mystery fireball (typical the only year its needed and we don't have it!), but by the sounds of Slugs choice we wouldn't have won the fireball anyway. I'll leave it up to you high-scoring-on-the-day Unionists to think about which one of you he considers to be truly spudworthy.

OK, onto my thank you's.

Courty - The man with the sheets. Does a stack more for these champs than anyone realises (myself included). We all know the sheets, we all love the sheets. Tracking GolfLinks, ferrying heavy objects to and from the car, and most importantly driving my still drunk arse to..... Was it every venue this year Courty? Thank you buddy, when I need a hand with something you're always there.

wbennett - If there was only one bloke you could pick to take with you on a golf trip, who else could you possibly choose? Loves a beer, loves a golf, loves a chat, and loves what no-one would call a bargain but buys it anyway. I do very much have to thank you for organising the shirts for the Uncivil War from Marto (and please, if we can, thank Marto too if you get a chance. He makes no money from these shirts), but the higher thanks have to just go generally towards your enthusiasm for this weekend. Like a kid in a candy store, he wants one of EVERYTHING!

Monsta - Those trophies? Master craftsman!!!! Thank you so very much Kev, you supply the greatest trophies known to man (I should know, I've got 3 Monday ones (can you make me one for year one retrospectively?) taking pride of place at home! Was REALLY nice to take home a Thursday one this year, just have to actually, you know, nail one of those important ones on Friday, Saturday or Sunday! ) and it's a highlight for me personally each year to pull them out of the bag / box to see what you've done each time. This years smelt extremely delicious....

Also, for your tireless work with the camera, I truly appreciate it. Every year I say to myself "I'm taking more photos this year", and I reckon I maybe hit a dozen this year, so for you to take these happy snaps so that we can relive the memories means so much to all of us.

Frank the Tank - Well done on fleecing many, MANY spuds with a birdie comp that they'll never win. What's that saying about Ice to Eskimos? P.S. That jerky was oustanding, very glad I didn't try the "Ring Sting" though!

Lucasto23 - Auctioneer extraordinaire. We greatly appreciate the voice that you donate each year to ridicule us. At least half the $$$ raised form this weekend are directly attributed to you. Much love.

Massive thanks also to PeteyD for taking over and wrangling the auction on Saturday night. That was greatly appreciated mate, and you did a reat job of pushing through a lot of items.

LarryLong - Stepped it up in his home town, made a late run for MVP coming up with the goods again and again as the death knell loomed. Projector "borrowed", Linen organised (a bigger job than some would think, I'd imagine), took delivery of the stubby holders, organised the Monday at one of the best little tracks I've ever played, with some delicious snags to tide us over until plane / car departures. I'll definitely be making the trek back to Queenscliff at some stage.

Slug -
    Dear God, that barbecue. What's your hourly rate???? Some of the best steaks and snags I've ever had, so thank you very much to you and of course to your butcher mate. He does great meat.

Ferrins -
    Whiz with a racquet, the tongue, other bodily parts AND a pair of tongs. There were a lot of gents very grateful for your cooking on those early morns, me included. Cheers to you!

3PuttPete
    -
    Took away quite a bit of hassle organising the very good price for prize balls and picking them up. And obviosuly gave a nice little hand shandy under the counter for the $400 in additional vouchers. Thanks Pete, you're a gent, except for the times when you weren't living up to your username, you dirty liar!

Bit of a personal one here, but thank you to Bushy for your contacts on getting the 4 of us onto Nash old pre-champs. And to Benno_r for driving so that I could sit in the back and cry all the way home.

Thank you to the "spot-fillers" for Thursday and Friday, these things work a hell of a lot better when we can play in the formats that we set out, and you can't do so without even numbers etc. Was great to have hardboiled, Chappy and JoeS back for an appeareance, and massive thanks to Pistol Pete and B Angove for stepping up to heed our call when numbers we're looking awry. Thaks again to Slug for organising these guys.

Everyone - You all deserve my biggest thanks. For attending, taking everything in great spirit, your generosity when it comes to Auctions / Calcuttas / Stubby Holders / "Voluntary contributions", and most importantly the laughs that you all provide. I look back on every night there and think "that was one of the funniest things I've ever been involved with". I know that this weekend is not cheap, part of the consequence for having the best courses in the country I guess, so for everyone to do what they have done over the 5 days is an outstanding effort. Special thanks to all those who donated items into the auction too, it's a surprisingly good money spinner. It might not seem like items are selling for much, but it all adds up very quickly.

Debutants - Thank you and well done to these guys, we had a dozen weekend debutants this year, and the VB loving Pickles on Thursday and Friday. It takes a fair amount of courage to throw money to some stranger on the internet with the prospect of playing golf with 30+ strangers you've never met before, so for taking the plunge we say thank you and we sincerely hope to see you back next year.

Regulars - You guys and lady know how I feel. We've had quite a few make all 6 installments of the VIC Champs and a very large number have done 4 or 5, so for continuing to support this event I thank you. Imagine if we could actually get some bloody Victorians to play!!!!

To all the guys that pitched in and cleaned for an hour or two on Sunday afternoon so that I can hopefully get my security deposit back (reminds me, must chase that up!), thank you.

Mrs Lefty - She cops an enormous load from me (phrasing!) in the lead-up to this, when I forget everything with 3 days to go. She did the prize envelopes and the FABULOUS NAGA belt, as well as a multitude of other little things, as well as forwarding on the stubby holders when they hit my doorstep 45 minutes after I left on Tuesday morning, so thanks hun! But don't worry everyone, I showed her the groups appreciation Monday night! Yet to attempt Toddy's trick, but she sounds keen. Probably says more about me than I should admit.

To anyone else who has done things that I've forgotten, I can guarantee you that I appreciated them greatly at the time, and I apologise that I haven't thanked you publicly here.

Much, much, MUCH LOVE,

Lefty.

P.S. As always, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated and taken on board, and hopefully used to make the 2019 VIC Champs an even bigger success.

The lightest pencil has been used to make tentative dates of 21st - 25th Feb for next year, so keep an eye out for further announcements. Peace!
    Last edited by LeftyHoges; 20th March 2018 at 05:18 PM.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Well said mate, it's the highlight of my golfing calendar every year!

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Its a big highlight of my year. So happy to be able to get back after missing last year. Still can't work out how I came from 22nd to 3rd Big thanks to you as always Lefty. Counting the days already ....

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Thread Information