Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default 2018 VIC Champs, March 8-12 - Bellarine!!!!

Well, we're finally making it there. Through the shithole that is Geelong and out the other side!

The 2018 Victorian Championships will be held on the Bellarine Peninsula, and couldn't be more linksy if we tried! How do you feel about that Lefty?

Here are the nitty gritties thus far. Please note we are still unconfirmed for the Monday venue, we'll update with details as soon as possible but as this is only 4.5 months away I thought details should go out as soon as possible. Also note (SundayHack!) that this event has switched from early Feb to early March this year because of my inconvenient brother and his bloody wedding.

Ozgolf VIC Champs 2018 Course Itinerary

Thursday 8th March
    Curlewis Golf Club
    24 Booked
    1 tee start from 2.30 pm
    $35.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    No Catering available

Friday 9th March

Barwon Heads GC
    40 Booked
    Shotgun start from approx 1PM
    $95 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    No Carts (pull buggies available)
    Unfortunately they're hosting their own local derby of some sorts in the morning, so won't be able to host us for lunch or dinner that evening. I hope this doesn't detract too much from the Uncivil War experience for everyone.

Saturday 10th March
    13th Beach - Beach Course
    40 Booked
    1 tee start from 9.08 am
    $94.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    Carts booked. but can't remember how many / how much etc.

Sunday 11th March
    13th Beach - Creek Course
    40 Booked
    1 tee start from 9.08 am
    $94.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    Carts booked. but can't remember how many / how much etc.

Monday 12th March
    Queenscliff (Swan Island)
    Shotgun start at 7.30am
    $30.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    Barbecue lunch provided

Rough Golf Costs (as I'm doing this at work and can't find my ****ing notes anywhere!)
    $35.00 - Curlewis
    $95.00 - Barwon Heads GC
    $94.00 – 13th Beach - Beach
    $94.00 – 13th Beach - Creek
    $30.00 – Queenscliff (Swan Island)
    Approx $348.00 (Approx $400.00 with shared cart on weekend)
    Plus
    $10.00 – per round for Prizes

Accommodation
    As we'll be down on the Bellarine all days it makes no sense to go to Andi's lovely place of residence. Thank you for all the years of service Andi, and we'll be back in 2019! So substituting in this year will be the Bellarine Lodge!
    Price of accomm is the princely sum of....... $30 a night. 2 showers is a bit of a problem, but it just means that every morning if you see the shower free, jump in it!

So there you have it! You'll NEVER get a cheaper and more convenient VIC Champs weekend than this. Minimal movement from home base to courses, 4 top 100 golf courses (depending on which sites you use), maximum time lounging around on Saturday after the golf to shoot the shit and sink piss (cos, you know, what else are you going to do? Go into Geelong!?!?!
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!)

Come at me Bro's!

BSB 303-092
    Acc no. 4959945
    Nicholas D Hoggan

Sorry guys, you'll have to deal with a static sheet of where we're at for the moment until we can figure out why Google Sheets is no longer linking...

Current as at 13-02-2018

Static 130218.jpg
    Last edited by LeftyHoges; 13th February 2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

As always get effort lefty, another well ran week of golf.

Congrats to Nemo, it’s about time

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Great Weekend! Big thanks to Left, WBennet, 3pp, Courty, Larry, Monsta and any other organising people. After missing last year I was very keen for this weekend and it did not disappoint.

Thursday: The vista of Curlewis from the practice green over the 18th was special. I liked the 18th hole. The course was great to play. Accommodation proved to be great for us. Although it could have had 1 more shower Evening was great and much sledging for the match ups in the Uncivil War.

Friday: Barwon heads is a pretty special course. 1-6 are great, looping around and through a big bowl in the dunes. We first saw this from the coast road which loops around the top. Great course that you could happily play day in day out. Was made special as I teamed up with Bushy to crush Feelzy and Monsta in the uncivil war! Calcutta evening was great fun, with Peppas getting the bargain of the champs picking Ron Burgandy for Naga for $15.

Saturday: 13th Beach - Beach. I was looking forward to finally playing a dogturd to beat Brookwater 10 (the 6th). Alas it failed to live up to the hyped horribleness despite being a bit odd. I liked the 5th, lots options off the tee. I enjoyed the course. Saturday's auction raised a good amount for charity. Many thanks to Lucasto and his efforts, and to everyone who donated items and purchased items. It is a great cause that is closer to everyone than you may realise. Also thanks to Slug for an awesome dinner, super job mate!

Sunday: 13th Beach - Gold Coast ... er Creek. Reminding me somewhat of a Gold Coast Resort course, the Creek course was good without being remarkable. There was a great par 4 on the front (. And then some weak holes on the back, including ones with trees in fairways, and a god awful par 3 with the green complex modelled on a cross between Serena Williams and Kim Kardashian. The finishing holes were good though, particularly playing into the wind. Finally played some Golf at one of these and put a good round together, although it was overshadowed by Nemo's incredible 43. Nagaritas at the Mex restaurant rounded out the weekend nicely.

Monday: Queenscliff - after driving out the single lane causeway to the island on an overcast windy day we were treated to a real gem of a course. My favourite hole of the weekend was the par 4 13th. Jono driving the first was a highlight. A course run by volunteers means conditioning can suffer, particularly with the large numbers of very large grey kangaroos around, but you can overlook the damage they do for a course that's a lot of fun to play. I would happily play there again. Also helped that I played well and finally got my hand on some of Monsta's wood!

It was great to see new faces, and to catch up with some I haven't seen for a few years.

Thanks to everyone I played with - wBenno, Chris, Adam, Bushy, Monsta, Feelzy, Grumpy, Slug, Nemo, Bluu, ToddtheStudMuffinTrainchaser, Lucasto, Jono and Courty.

And thanks to everyone for making this such a great weekend. Roll on 2019!!

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

I’ll make this short and sweet. Lefty, Courty, Larry and all the rest of the helpers thank you for one of the best weeks of golf and shenanigans I’ve had in a long time.

To finally get the chance to play a Vic Champs was certainly an honour and my experience far outweighed any expectations I had.

I could single all of you out for one reason or another but you’re all awesome people.

I’m quietly counting down til next year.... if I’m invited... and allowed.

“Love youse all”

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    I’ll make this short and sweet. Lefty, Courty, Larry and all the rest of the helpers thank you for one of the best weeks of golf and shenanigans I’ve had in a long time.

To finally get the chance to play a Vic Champs was certainly an honour and my experience far outweighed any expectations I had.

I could single all of you out for one reason or another but you’re all awesome people.

I’m quietly counting down til next year.... if I’m invited... and allowed.

“Love youse all”
    Top stuff Bushy. I think you've easily done enough to secure an invite for next year on the back of that stellar first-up effort.

I'll put myself down for a round with Bushy next year. Of golf, that is. Don't think I'd come close to surviving a round of beers.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    Top stuff Bushy. I think you've easily done enough to secure an invite for next year on the back of that stellar first-up effort.

I'll put myself down for a round with Bushy next year. Of golf, that is. Don't think I'd come close to surviving a round of beers.
    You'll be fine as long as you can make a noise like a seagull

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Thanks to all the organisers for a fantastic weekend of golf. Lefty you and your band of helpers do an amazing job!

To all my playing partners, sorry if you have learnt some new words or expressions over the last few days. I am a chippys daughter after all.

To my union brothers thanks for an awesome birthday present with a win for the good guys! And the happy birthday chorus when I turned up for dinner was certainly a highlight.

To all the debutants I sincerely hope you all come back. Can’t wait for next year!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Oh how did I forget. The Union’s victory. Did we win? We shitted in! How did we do it? Eeeeasy! Well not really but let’s say we did. The trophy resides in the rs household and that all that matters.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    You'll be fine as long as you can make a noise like a seagull
    It is not a seagull. It’s a pterodactyl. Get it right

GOLFLINK

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SundayHack View Post
    It is not a seagull. It’s a pterodactyl. Get it right
    Oh no, it's a ****ing seagull with Jurassic pretensions.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Taking pride and place on our entry hall table!

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Looking good, Shaz. (btw. The champ's trophy is looking good in my lounge room, temporarily.)

Firstly, thanks to Lefty and his many helpers for making it a faultless weekend.

Secondly, thanks to everyone for being yourselves.

Thirdly, thanks to 3PP for living up to your username in the Uncivil War match.

See you all next year. Go Union!
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default 2018 VIC Champs, March 8-12 - Bellarine!!!!

Well I've finally had 5 minutes to sit down and digress.....

Well what can I say, its the most looked forward to boys weekend away on my callender!

Friday i arrived at Avalon to be picked up in the luxurious NAGA minibus by Oldracer, travelled in style....
    We stopped for a coffee and then went to BHGC for a pre round Peroni.
    I was chipped by the Club Secretary for having jeans and a t-shirt on as i was waiting for the team shirts to arrive, but he let me drink my beer on the balcony anyway!

BHGC is majestic, thoroughly enjoyable.
    Thanks to Ferret, Hardboiled and Pistol Pete for the round.
    I halved my match with Hardboiled which was fitting as we both had some quality holes, and some total rubbish....
    Im still undefeated in Uncivil War!

Friday nights shennanigans where hilarious to say the least!
    I lost track how many times Bushy upped his own bids in the Calcutta, funny shit!

Sat round one at the Beach course was nice.
    I really enjoyed the course and conditioning.
    Thanks to Slug, PeteyD and Grumpy for the round.
    Slug and I honestly had prob 8 putts between us that burned the hole without dropping so a 35 wasn't too dissapointing!

Saturday night was its usual calamity of craziness.
    Plenty of booze and funny stories to be told....
    Thanks to Slug for organising and cooking the BBQ, cracking effort.
    Haven't seen that much smoke in a room since my Uni days....

Sundays round was blowing hard.
    Like PeteyD said, its more a resort style layout....but still enjoyable.
    I started with a shitty nervous double, but steadied the ship to turn 1 up.
    Another double at 10 after 2 good shots and i thought thats about it, but i somehow just played conservative golf and made a few putts.
    I wasn't scoring, 3pp had my card so i didn't really know where i was at but Bushy had gamecock on and was telling me i was 6 in front a few times, i didn't believe him!
    Anyway thats how it went, some steady golf and a 43 out of nowhere.
    I can honestly say without 3PP, Hack and Bushy in my group i wouldn't have played that well.
    I had the most fun on a golf course ever, truly!
    I haven't laughed so hard in years, i think you could hear our group all over the course?
    Arms where flapping and the call of Kakaaa was out on most holes!
    I think my wednesdays at The Doon when its blowing hard gave me a little advantage, well it helped...

I know Lefty gets a lot of credit as he should, but theres always other guys in the background helping out.
    Courty's spreadsheets, Larry with stuff, Slug with the food, Ferret cooking us breakfast, Monsta for his outstanding trophies, which I'm slowly collecting, Ron Burgundy for shuttling me around etc....

For those debutants i hope you had a great time, and see why this is the best weekend on Ozgolf.
    Hope you tell your mates to join and continue supporting in years to come.
    I haven't missed one since the 2nd event, and don't plan on doing so.

Great catching up with old faces, the social side far outweighs the golf played.

So thanks to all, i really enjoyed it and will be back better than ever next year to try defend the title!

Your's in golf...
    The Champ (Nemo)
    Peroni on the balcony of BH looking down 18:

Couple of prizes:

Winning card:

Monsta’s woodwork:
    Last edited by Captain Nemo; 15th March 2018 at 04:16 PM.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Ok my turn. Big thank you to Lefty, Courty, LarryLong and anyone else who helped organised this event. I know alot of effort goes into these things and once again you guys did a great job!!

Thank you for Dotty for couriering my clubs and myself from and to the airport. Thank you sluggo being my driver all weekend, the for hospitality and cooking up a ripper BBQ on Saturday night.

Thank you to my playing partners: PerryGroves (TB) X 2, the man from the Northern Beaches who is deadly with Texas Wedge in hand.

Chappy, you certainly scared me early on with ur strong play and U aren't bad with the Texas Wedge either. Lucky for me u ran out of legs (probably cos they are just sticks &#129315 and I was able sneak pass u in the end.

PeteRS fellow brother in arms the Uncivil War and calves bro and mega hybrid hitter!!!

Ron Burgundy, you game is coming along nicely mate, u just need to keep improving your hoeing.

Courty, u finished String after a slow start. I wish I could manage my game around a course like u did.

Gammon, nice putting bro, just make sure u keep griping it properly.

Feelzy (Boral/Holden), loft is your friend bro

PDiddy nice bunting mate. A couple of extra putts and u could have almost challenged Nemo do the win..

It was great weekend catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. This weekend, like all the Ozgolf Champs is about the friendships and once again it didn't disappoint.

Congrats to Nemo for win and all the other winners. Well done to Shazza on leading the good guys to the win!!

For newbies or who have never been and is considering going to this or other Ozgolf champs, do it, it will be the best golf related weekend you will have!!!

It was so nice to return to the fold and hang out with a great group of people.

Slugg - I think you are not getting enough kudos for your BBQ work on Saturday night. You served up great grub in high volume.

Looking forward to getting out there again next year.
    The secret of golf it to turn three shots in two. - Bobby Jones

A tale of golfing mediocrity

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Thanks to 3putt for getting the vouchers from Golf Clearance Outlet.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Before reality sets in and I head back to work tomorrow...

I played tremendously ordinary golf most of the time. I knew (not just because Senor Ladbrokes revealed it to me) the wind was going to screw with my head, and it did.

But I don't care at the end of it all. I had 8 fantastic days of enjoying new courses, spending time with a bunch of lunatics legends, having great feeds, and being reminded that golf isn't a game of perfect.

As the Champ said, the social stuff outweighs the golf.

Thanks to everyone who did anything that made the Champs run as it did...whether it be the hard work of booking the venues, cooking up food, donating stuff for the auction, nothing should go unnoticed.

Thanks to Jono for making the circuit around Port Phillip Bay less boring, and joining me in taking in Flinders and The Dunes. It was great to catch up after a few years.

To the other playing partners through the week (Lucas, Pickles, Pete_rs Benno, Jono, Johnno, LarryLong, Bruce, Shaz, Slug, Ferrins), thanks for putting up with my mediocrity.

Bring on 2019!!

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Been back at work 3 days now, I think I am finally getting my neurons to fire.

Lefty as always, outstanding. This is your baby, and I reckon this was the best yet.

Thanks to the following for doing stuff -

Courty for organising the shirts, and Marto for providing them. They looked great this year. Thanks to 3PP and the RS's for bringing them down and allowing another $50 to go to the charity tin.
    Larry for organising, collecting and returning the linen - thanks also for the meal bookings. Mad Mex is the best.
    Ferret for cooking breakfasts - you took the tongs, told me you had it under control and did a magnificent job
    Sluggos bbq was brilliant. You can cook at my place any time.
    Petey D, Ferrey, JonO, Feelzy, Monsta, KJ and anyone I missed - you guys cleaning up did a fantastic job
    Lucas for the auctioneering, Courty for the spreadsheet wizardry

As you can see, that's half the group that chipped in to make it happen. Its the magic of this weekend.
    I still don't know how the bins got emptied on the Sunday, but it was a blessing.

Thanks to my playing partners, my carbuddies and my roomies. 4 Champs in a Row as roomie, I'll take best offer for 2019.

Being back at work and reality is hard. And sad.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

First batch of pics. Highlights and lowlights

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

13th Beach

Chopperlink

WITB

Barwon and Uncivil War

Chopperlink

WITB

Randoms

Chopperlink

WITB

Awesome photos Benno

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Awesome photos Benno
    Yes, thanks for posting them.

GOLFLINK

GOLFLINK

Thread Information