Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toulon Putters

Banned

Default Toulon Putters

Was maybe keen to grab one of the San Diego's when they came out here but there's no chance of that now. Heard RRP is going to be around the $650 mark! Really Callaway? Scotty Camerons at $500-550 are steep as it is for an OTR putter but $650 for something that's not custom? They are f%&kin kidding themselves.

Ok, rant over. First world problem I know. Sorry, as you were.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Was maybe keen to grab one of the San Diego's when they came out here but there's no chance of that now. Heard RRP is going to be around the $650 mark! Really Callaway? Scotty Camerons at $500-550 are steep as it is for an OTR putter but $650 for something that's not custom? They are f%&kin kidding themselves.

Ok, rant over. First world problem I know. Sorry, as you were.
    Strong following in the US where pricing is on par with a Scotty. Which is what you expect as they have similar features.

Unlikely to make a dent here at that price, except maybe purists who don't want an insert. I will grab a Columbus one day (when one pops up second hand).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Strong following in the US where pricing is on par with a Scotty. Which is what you expect as they have similar features.

Unlikely to make a dent here at that price, except maybe purists who don't want an insert. I will grab a Columbus one day (when one pops up second hand).
    Agreed. Would have expected them to be around the same price as a SC but as you say, won't get much of a following at that price OTR. What a shame.

Agreed. Would have expected them to be around the same price as a SC but as you say, won't get much of a following at that price OTR. What a shame.
    I don't think Aus would be a big concern for them. Already too much Ody range for a small market like ours.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Yeah no way I'll ever spend that sort of money on a putter, having said that

This site is quite well done IMO
    http://blog.odysseygolf.com/toulondesign/

and the whole design-your-own idea is clever
    http://www.odysseygolf.com/toulon-garage/
    Callaway X² Hot
    Ping G25 3w
    Ping Anser 20° H
    Ping G15 4-PW
    SCOR V-Sole 4161 45/50/54/58
    Odyssey Versa #7

(Alt+248 = °)

GolfMap | WITB | Handicap

Banned

I would have no issue paying that for a putter but certainly not for an OTR putter that will be worth less than a second hand Scotty as soon as I carry it out of the shop.

Love the Toulon custom putter idea too but I believe it's not being offered in Oz and with the pricing of the OTR stuff, I dare say the pricing would be absurd!

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Just designed The Coin Daddy, which can be purchased for 914.99USD

coin_daddy.jpg

coin_daddy_price.png
    Last edited by ZENNON; 11th October 2017 at 05:07 PM.
    Callaway X² Hot
    Ping G25 3w
    Ping Anser 20° H
    Ping G15 4-PW
    SCOR V-Sole 4161 45/50/54/58
    Odyssey Versa #7

(Alt+248 = °)

GolfMap | WITB | Handicap

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Think I'd rather 2 lajosi's for that price or a few second hand mills / byrons

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZENNON View Post
    Just designed The Coin Daddy, which can be purchased for 914.99USD

Attachment 46552

Attachment 46553
    Nice! I did one a couple of weeks back based on the San Diego in black with a site dot (no line) and with yellow white and grey paintfill. Wasn't quite that much $ wise but you can't go through to checkout as an international customer I believe.

Callaway suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    Have a think what that gets you new in the custom putter market in the US.

Custom Scotty - us$2k
    Custom Betti - us$1.2k
    Custom Byron - us$500
    Custom Mills - us$750

The Toulon garage has been quite popular with the US custom putter crowd. The mistake here was pricing OTR above Scotty. Quality / performance would be quite similar.

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

The San Diego looks excellent.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    Yep, I'm starting to think the same. A Lajosi might be more feasible than a San Diego.

Banned

Have a think what that gets you new in the custom putter market in the US.

Custom Scotty - us$2k
    Custom Betti - us$1.2k
    Custom Byron - us$500
    Custom Mills - us$750

The Toulon garage has been quite popular with the US custom putter crowd. The mistake here was pricing OTR above Scotty. Quality / performance would be quite similar.
    Custom Byron might be nice too!

I priced a custom shop SC a few months back and with the price of the putter would have been about $1k. Do you mean the gallery putters Benno? They are minimum $3-3.5k these days. Some of them are so nice though.

Tyson Lamb make some amazing stuff as well but minimum $1.2k USD I believe.

Custom Byron might be nice too!

I priced a custom shop SC a few months back and with the price of the putter would have been about $1k. Do you mean the gallery putters Benno? They are minimum $3-3.5k these days. Some of them are so nice though.

Tyson Lamb make some amazing stuff as well but minimum $1.2k USD I believe.
    Yeah Gallery putters - the less desirable can get as low as $2000. You could argue a custom shop Scotty and Toulon garage are similar, and the Toulon probably pips the CS in price.

Lamb is an odd case. He has been spending more time spruiking himself as the new Scotty Cameron and not making putters. Most putters he makes go straight to collectors and not the mass market. Customer service seems fairly poor, so I'd be surprised you could get one, especially a cheapie at $1200

Banned

Yeah Gallery putters - the less desirable can get as low as $2000. You could argue a custom shop Scotty and Toulon garage are similar, and the Toulon probably pips the CS in price.

Lamb is an odd case. He has been spending more time spruiking himself as the new Scotty Cameron and not making putters. Most putters he makes go straight to collectors and not the mass market. Customer service seems fairly poor, so I'd be surprised you could get one, especially a cheapie at $1200
    OK, I didn't know the gallery stuff could be had that cheaply. Yeah agreed SC custom shop and Toulon Garage is pretty much the same type of thing.

Banned

Interesting about Tyson Lamb. It certainly looks like the website hasn't had any action from when I first saw it months ago so not surprised if it's more marketing than substance.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

I still have my C&L putter which are now black lab or something

I think even slighter still make customs, bobby grace, xenon, machine and the like. BUT scottys and the others would have resale. The others less so.

There is a super nice clean looking cameron circle t midslant on ebay that looks pure, but $1500 is a lot.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Rolling a San Diego atm however probably prefer the milled collection ss it's lighter.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

What's the return on investment? That is to say, how much does the expensive putter improve strokes gained putting? Hopefully it's not just a fashion accessory like a lady's designer handbag.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

The harder it is to justify the cost the more potential value it has, like a Jackson Pollack painting. Your putter could be worth 50 bucks but if Tiger Woods borrowed it and won the next major with it then you could probably get $100000 plus

Thread Information