Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default What did you shoot - October 2017

Well, well, look at me starting a WDYS thread. I really wasn't sure to go with the title format of the last couple or revert to a question mark or colon like previous threads. As you can see, I stuck with the hyphen of recent threads. Boom!

I was asked during the week if I wanted to have a social nine holes at Jindalee today. My answer was "no, not really", but after a few beers during the grand final yesterday, I changed my mind.

Things started great with a lost ball on the first hole after clipping a tree, although I hit the shot really well. I proceeded to flush it for the next four holes, but the putter couldn't convert a single birdie. I kept the driver away all day, after it's crappy performance in Cairns, but it started to stray at this point, which left me scrambling. The putter still wouldn't come to the party though.

The putter saved its worst until last. I put a nine iron to about a metre on the 8th, and missed the birdie. On the 9th, I just got myself on the green in reg via a bunt out of the trees, but about 10m away. The first putt got pumped at least 5m past. Baffling!

In the end I scored 38 on a par 33, with a "social" 6 on the 1st. Some decent ball hitting in there, and clearly bad putting, after a decent putting effort in Cairns. My friends want to play every fortnight; I think I'd prefer once every month.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

26 points

Meh.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

34 points, also a little meh
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

played Hillview public course; sprained shoulder during the week resulted with limited grip strength on my left hand, so right hand would unconsciously take over sometimes resulted in severe hooks. also can't putt for anything without any feel for the stregth...

Overall, managed to shoot a 98 gross without injuring myself further

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

33 points this morning at Richmond (19/14)...last hit out before club champs kicks off on Sat.

Went AWOL on 10 through to 14, but went par, birdie, par, par to finish.

I think my game's in a decent place...just need to work a bit on my irons and not get too wristy at impact.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    33 points this morning at Richmond (19/14)...last hit out before club champs kicks off on Sat. Went AWOL on 10 through to 14, but went par, birdie, par, par to finish.I think my game's in a decent place...just need to work a bit on my irons and not get too wristy at impact.
    Good luck in the club champs.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

37pts this morning at Cairns GC (19/1.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Box Hill golf club this morning for a social round,82/71 stroke.Greens had been airated a month back and were bumpy and sandy.Very short course

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Social round in the rain at Wynnum this morning, 94 off the stick
    (2 rounds with the same ball now! )
    Callaway X² Hot
    Ping G25 3w
    Ping Anser 20° H
    Ping G15 4-PW
    SCOR V-Sole 4161 45/50/54/58
    Odyssey Versa #7

(Alt+248 = °)

GolfMap | WITB | Handicap

Captains Trophy yesty. Handy crapped match play.
    Played one of the top pennant players and kicked his bum.
    Turned only 2 over off the stick and 3 up. Stayed that way until the 16th where I finished 3/2 up.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

30 pts, a bit meh. Heat got to me on the back nine so I struggled home after having 18 points on the front with a wipe.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Played in my first ever Holden Scramble yesterday at Royal Gordonvale and it was a lot of fun. Out in groups of 8 and we managed to get around in a little over 4 hrs.

No bogies, 9 birdies for 61/56.

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
    played Hillview public course; sprained shoulder during the week resulted with limited grip strength on my left hand, so right hand would unconsciously take over sometimes resulted in severe hooks. also can't putt for anything without any feel for the stregth... Overall, managed to shoot a 98 gross without injuring myself further
    My right hand takes over occasionally, thank heavens

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Played in my first ever Holden Scramble yesterday at Royal Gordonvale and it was a lot of fun. Out in groups of 8 and we managed to get around in a little over 4 hrs. No bogies, 9 birdies for 61/56.
    What score ended up winning? The last time I played a Holden Scramble at GGC the best score 14 under from memory.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Ok finally a good round to report as I've been playing ave at best for a long time.

Started the round with sculled 3 wood off the tee and got lucky it rolled straight down the fw leaving me a nice 6 iron into the green which I proceeded to hit a half hosel rocket the trees. Hit a lucky bump and run of the wood chips to about 15 feet and holed the putt for par. Bogeyed 2 and bombed driver down 3 as well which I then proceed to hit another hosel rocket. Lucy to save bogey, then bogey the next hole as well. +3 after the toughest 4 holes at my home club isn't to bad at all. Parred 5 after hitting just off the fringe. Birdied the par 5 6th after bombing driver, 3 wood and chipped it to 4 feet. . Missed the green on 7 and got up and down for par there as well. Bombed driver up 8 leaving 45m in and hit the worse chip of the day barely scraping onto the green and 2putted for par. Hit just off the fairway on 9 and drew a shit lie that I would chunk short right of the green. Chipped it to about 5 feet and hit the worse putt I would all day.

Skulled another 3 wood 10, like 1 straight down the guts. Easy GIR and 2 putt for par. Play the par 4 11th as a 3 shotter leaving 67m for my 3rd and knocked it to about 2feet for birdie. Pulled it left on Par 3 12th but got a friend kick off the mounds to stay out of the hazard and got it up and down there as well. Tree trouble on Par 5 13th off the tee but still manage to leave a wedge for me 3rd for an easy 2 putt par. Missed the green on 14 and got it up and down for par. Bombed drive on 15 for easy 3/4 sandy wedge into about 10feet and just gave it too much break. Regulation par on 16.

17 was a big pull off the tee with the 3 wood into the trees. Try to run it to the front of the green and hit some trees but got lucky and got a clear shot from 97m. Knock that to 15feet and canned the putt for par. Finished the round with a good drive up 18, spun a 9i off the front but it was an easy putt from off the fringe. Left the putt about 1 role short for birdie but happy with the par finish.

Stats:
    41 points off 7 (+2 off the stick)
    2 x Birdies
    8 Greens
    8 FW
    0 x 3 putts
    27putts
    0 lost balls
    2 shanks

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Nice one Bluu

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Nice one Bluu
    Thanks mate!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    What score ended up winning? The last time I played a Holden Scramble at GGC the best score 14 under from memory.
    63/55 ended up winning.

Tuesday comp at Beaconhills, stroke , 39/42 nett 69 , ball striking was ok , short game still leaking shots

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Ok finally a good round to report as I've been playing ave at best for a long time. Started the round with sculled 3 wood off the tee and got lucky it rolled straight down the fw leaving me a nice 6 iron into the green which I proceeded to hit a half hosel rocket the trees. Hit a lucky bump and run of the wood chips to about 15 feet and holed the putt for par. Bogeyed 2 and bombed driver down 3 as well which I then proceed to hit another hosel rocket. Lucy to save bogey, then bogey the next hole as well. +3 after the toughest 4 holes at my home club isn't to bad at all. Parred 5 after hitting just off the fringe. Birdied the par 5 6th after bombing driver, 3 wood and chipped it to 4 feet. . Missed the green on 7 and got up and down for par there as well. Bombed driver up 8 leaving 45m in and hit the worse chip of the day barely scraping onto the green and 2putted for par. Hit just off the fairway on 9 and drew a shit lie that I would chunk short right of the green. Chipped it to about 5 feet and hit the worse putt I would all day.Skulled another 3 wood 10, like 1 straight down the guts. Easy GIR and 2 putt for par. Play the par 4 11th as a 3 shotter leaving 67m for my 3rd and knocked it to about 2feet for birdie. Pulled it left on Par 3 12th but got a friend kick off the mounds to stay out of the hazard and got it up and down there as well. Tree trouble on Par 5 13th off the tee but still manage to leave a wedge for me 3rd for an easy 2 putt par. Missed the green on 14 and got it up and down for par. Bombed drive on 15 for easy 3/4 sandy wedge into about 10feet and just gave it too much break. Regulation par on 16.17 was a big pull off the tee with the 3 wood into the trees. Try to run it to the front of the green and hit some trees but got lucky and got a clear shot from 97m. Knock that to 15feet and canned the putt for par. Finished the round with a good drive up 18, spun a 9i off the front but it was an easy putt from off the fringe. Left the putt about 1 role short for birdie but happy with the par finish. Stats:41 points off 7 (+2 off the stick)2 x Birdies 8 Greens8 FW0 x 3 putts27putts0 lost balls 2 shanks
    Sounds like your 3 wood was misbehaving. Better buy a new driver. 😁

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Good honest 13/18 for 31 points today going into club champs this weekend.

Hit the ball ok, didnt lose a pill, two missed 3 footers, but felt like I was playing ok golf again after a pretty ordinary two months.

One more tune up hit at Federal after work tomorrow and we will be ready to go.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Sounds like your 3 wood was misbehaving. Better buy a new driver.
    I was in the fairway both times so it was fine.

Followed up Monday's round with 35 today. Started with another skulled 3 wood but this one got airborne and once again it split the fairway. Hit the ball well today without holing any good birdie putts and I had a 3 putt. Only birdie I made was on 13 which was a 2 putt birdie.

Bogeyed 7 (3putt) and 9 going out for +3 and doubled 10 and 18 with a bogey on 24 cancelling out my birdie on 13 for +4 on the back nine.

Hopefully good form leading into Club Champs but who the hell knows.

Stats.

35 points off 6.
    1 x birdie
    33putts
    1 x 3 putts
    9 greens
    0 x lost balls.

Thirsty Thursday comp at Beaconhills today , 40 pts 21/19 off an 11 cap beaten into 3 rd in a 3 way countback yet again for the A grade win . No birdies no double bogies only one one pointer .Was still a good day tho , pro shop was giving out some of those scratchies where you win if you beat your cap by the required amount . I scratched $250 if I beat my cap by four , which I did with a 4 for 3 on the 18 th so I have a 250 credit in the pro shop .Checked my cap and I got .3 back although I had 40 pts so I will be off 12 next game , gotta love this new handicapping system

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Thirsty Thursday comp at Beaconhills today , 40 pts 21/19 off an 11 cap beaten into 3 rd in a 3 way countback yet again for the A grade win . No birdies no double bogies only one one pointer .Was still a good day tho , pro shop was giving out some of those scratchies where you win if you beat your cap by the required amount . I scratched $250 if I beat my cap by four , which I did with a 4 for 3 on the 18 th so I have a 250 credit in the pro shop .Checked my cap and I got .3 back although I had 40 pts so I will be off 12 next game , gotta love this new handicapping system
    Great day all round Ray
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex