Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by chappy1970 View Post
    Great day all round Ray
    Yeah I am happy, broke 80 for the first time since comeback

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Yeah I am happy, broke 80 for the first time since comeback
    Great job

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Great job
    Thanks ended up a good day

79/74 first round of club champs , 2 doubles, 1 hosel rocket , 1 3 jab and 3 birds, happy with that
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 driver proforce V2 STaylorMade 2016 M2 3 woodMizuno mp fli-hi 21*Mizuno mp h4 4-pw KBS c-taper lite 105 rTitleist sm4 50, 54* & 58* Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider cs

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

70/67 in monthly medal, 1 under par off the stick first round with new irons. Bogied the last hole after being pin high with my drive on a par 4 and choked.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

75/63 for round 1 of club champs/monthly medal. 4 birdies, a triple, a couple of 3 putts, lipped out a couple of other birdie putts...

I was a lot better through impact and less handsy/wristy, and really felt like my ball striking was the best it's been in ages.

2 things to take away: I should not be off 12 (just the shitfest of the past couple of months that has had me drifting out), and I could have quite easily shot even had those lipped putts dropped and I played the 12th in a more orthodox fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    75/63 for round 1 of club champs/monthly medal. 4 birdies, a triple, a couple of 3 putts, lipped out a couple of other birdie putts...I was a lot better through impact and less handsy/wristy, and really felt like my ball striking was the best it's been in ages. 2 things to take away: I should not be off 12 (just the shitfest of the past couple of months that has had me drifting out), and I could have quite easily shot even had those lipped putts dropped and I played the 12th in a more orthodox fashion.
    Congrats, great round

Monthly Medal 73 - 9 - 64 - 31 Putts, GIR - 56% and Fairways - 90%. 1 Ball in a Hazard, plus a couple of lazy greenside plays, could have been a couple better.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    75/63 for round 1 of club champs/monthly medal. 4 birdies, a triple, a couple of 3 putts, lipped out a couple of other birdie putts...I was a lot better through impact and less handsy/wristy, and really felt like my ball striking was the best it's been in ages. 2 things to take away: I should not be off 12 (just the shitfest of the past couple of months that has had me drifting out), and I could have quite easily shot even had those lipped putts dropped and I played the 12th in a more orthodox fashion.
    Well done KJ.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Just a social round at Wembley today but hit personal best 5 over par. Round included 2 double bogeys and 2 birdies on the front nine (3 over front 9) and a stellar bogey safe on a Par 3 after first ball went lost in the rough (2 over back 9). Wasn't striking particularly well but the wedge game was crazy dialed in, most shots ending up within 3 feet of the cup.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I thought we had a rule in this thread that you weren't allowed to say you left a few out there if you have gone 7 or 8 (or more) under your handicap.

This applies even more to those who have given even par a fright.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

I am no KJNK, but I had 79 nett 71 in round 1 of clubbies. Holed everything froM the 3rd hole.... 26 putts, about 3 fairways, and the same GIR. Sometimes golf isnt about how you score but what you score.Currently 6th overall in our club champs! 😳

MM/ 1st round of club champs for Olinda GC , played at beacy , 41/38 , 79 /67 , 2 behind in club champs and a win on countback for MM , is only a small club , 32 putts with 3 putts , plus a horseshoe birdie lip out on the 18 th from 4 foot
    My 3 rounds this week have been 38,40 n 40 pts without a decent putting effort in any of them ( sorry Jim )

First round of champs and a fail. 88/79. Had 46 first nine with 2 OB and 2 swimmers then fought back a little on the second 9 to be 1 over through 5 holes then 5 over the last 4 after a long wait to tee off on a par 3.

Kj your score would be 7 ahead in all grades....

Net 77 was 3rd in c grade 😳

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Got a late call up to play down at Babinda today. A 9hole course between Cairns and Innisfail. Great little track and lots of fun but the greens were a little slower than I’m used to.

In that regard I missed 2 fairways all day and hit 13 greens for....87/82.

All in all it was a great experience tbh. $15 for the green fee, self service at the bar, great weather and reasonably good golf.

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    I am no KJNK, but I had 79 nett 71 in round 1 of clubbies. Holed everything froM the 3rd hole.... 26 putts, about 3 fairways, and the same GIR. Sometimes golf isnt about how you score but what you score.Currently 6th overall in our club champs! 😳
    Well done WB. Good luck for the rest of the champs.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Got a late call up to play down at Babinda today. A 9hole course between Cairns and Innisfail. Great little track and lots of fun but the greens were a little slower than I’m used to. In that regard I missed 2 fairways all day and hit 13 greens for....87/82. All in all it was a great experience tbh. $15 for the green fee, self service at the bar, great weather and reasonably good golf.
    It's fun having a hit with the kids on a Sunday at Babinda. Honesty box for the green fees as they usually don't have a comp and there is rarely anyone else on the course. The greens do take some getting used to.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

82/75 in the Medal this morning. Shoulda woulda coulda. 3 birds were cancelled out by 3 doubles.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Played month Mug cup yesterday and had a 95/75 day... Had 5 3putts for the day.

Played again today and chipping killed me... Had a 35 points... Had a NTP and still managed to 3 putts.... *sigh*

Senior Member Major Winner

26 off the stick
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Played a local sand green courses annual tournament and had 77 off the stick to end up winning.

R2 club champs today.
    Shanked one into the piss on 2 for a triple.

Shanked my tee shot on 10, then found a way to totally balls it up for a quad 8.

Other than that it was ok.
    83/8, nett 75.

Currently 8th outright and 4th nett.

Still havent made a birdie in 2 rounds.

Handicap down to 5.5, .2 off my lowest ever

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Go Benno!

I had 90/76 (40/50) in the monthly medal yesterday. Triples on 16 and 18 turned it from a potentially good score to a bit of a nothing round. 18 was pretty funny - I smashed a loooooong drive down the middle, then flared a short iron into a greenside bunker. Just got out and left it on a tongue of grass and had to stand with my feet in the bunker and putt with my hands just near the clubhead. Muscled it too much and putted it into the bunker on the other side of the green. Out of the bunker, left the first putt a millimetre from the cup. Seven.

On the positive side, I did well enough to drop another 0.1 off my handicap, so I'm down to 12.2 which is my lowest ever.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    On the positive side, I did well enough to drop another 0.1 off my handicap, so I'm down to 12.2 which is my lowest ever.
    Well done LL

Thread Information