Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

I have a qbnchopper frankenstein buggy. i put all the pieces together (2 x motors and a motor controller x and arduino controller) and am presently tuning the software to come up with a good strategy for pace and change of direction according to pace .... its been a bit of hit and miss with testing on multiple surfaces and slopes - I'm arriving at somewhere where you guys seems to be with teh MGI - compromise ...

Member Trainee Pro

I just received my new Navigator AT and charging it tonight and the charger is almost too hot to touch. Is this normal?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_Syd View Post
    I just received my new Navigator AT and charging it tonight and the charger is almost too hot to touch. Is this normal?
    I’ll say yeah.

Mine is pretty Hot

BUT you have to be realistic, hand hot ain’t lava hot and electronics are hot so make a call.

Member Trainee Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    I’ll say yeah. Mine is pretty Hot
    Thanks....

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Good luck with Warranty with MGI. My Remote Belt Clip broke again today. This is the third time in 18 months. So I got onto their Support via their Messenger box. I have been told (Guy) that is must be through misuse and they won't replace, I have to buy the spare part. Also tried to tell me that the buggy would not take off if you lock the Remote, I wish!
    I saw a hack for the remote clip at the club last week, one guy had his break twice and in the end he has replaced it with the belt clip off a tape measure. He broke 2 in a short time frame and hasn’t had a problem since doing the tape measure thing.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_Syd View Post
    My charger gets warm, but not hot. I can comfortably hold it in my hand. The Battery never shows any heat though

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Hacker View Post
    I saw a hack for the remote clip at the club last week, one guy had his break twice and in the end he has replaced it with the belt clip off a tape measure. He broke 2 in a short time frame and hasn’t had a problem since doing the tape measure thing.
    I will file that one till I need it. I have some aluminum strip that I thought I might be able to fashion one of out. But the Tape Measure clip sounds better.

Senior Member Major Winner

Also tried to tell me that the buggy would not take off if you lock the Remote, I wish!
    I wish too....

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I have a non remote one.... and i put it in the drink couple weeks ago. Thanks to summer rain some long grass saved it from drowning.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

I am finding the umbrella holder on the MGI is useless because its got 2 adjustment section and all plastic so it sways uncontrollably at times, that I have an oversize and longer umbrella probably doesnt help. If i dont hold the umbrella shaft while walking it might even tip everything over and that mount wont last. its probably ok in no wind and very smooth ground.

In comparison the Clicgear 3 umbrella holder is amazingly rigid, anyone come up with any bright ideas how to stabilise this MGI one?

Last edited by markTHEblake; 14th March 2021 at 07:33 PM.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    I am finding the umbrella holder on the MGI is useless because its got 2 adjustment section and all plastic so it sways uncontrollably at times, that I have an oversize and longer umbrella probably doesnt help. If i dont hold the umbrella shaft while walking it might even tip everything over and that mount wont last. its probably ok in no wind and very smooth ground.

In comparison the Clicgear 3 umbrella holder is amazingly rigid, anyone come up with any bright ideas how to stabilise this MGI one?

Upgrade to the new MGI, the umbrella holder on it is awesome

Yeah I could do that, but mum gave me this MGI, so I wont give it up yet.
    Do you think the new Umbrella holder would be backwards compatible?
    --
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Yeah I could do that, but mum gave me this MGI, so I wont give it up yet.
    Do you think the new Umbrella holder would be backwards compatible?
    Possibly. The difference is it doesn’t have the articulation of that double joint. It’s just straight into the handle. I use it with the extender- essentially double height- and it’s perfectly fine.

I’d take a photo but it’s in the locker at the club.

After over 2.5 years and 2100+klms I posted a review of my Zip Navigator to the MGI site. Nothing happened. Then I got an invite from MGI to complete a review as part of a marketing campaign contest. So I posted basically the same review again. And again nothing. So I posted it one more time 6 weeks ago and guess what! No contact or message, nothing. Maybe it was because I rated it 3 out 5. There is nothing worse than a 4 on their review links. Wonder why?. None of this surprises me after my dealings with MGI Management.

After over 2.5 years and 2100+klms I posted a review of my Zip Navigator to the MGI site. Nothing happened. Then I got an invite from MGI to complete a review as part of a marketing campaign contest. So I posted basically the same review again. And again nothing. So I posted it one more time 6 weeks ago and guess what! No contact or message, nothing. Maybe it was because I rated it 3 out 5. There is nothing worse than a 4 on their review links. Wonder why?. None of this surprises me after my dealings with MGI Management.
    I used to work at a club shop back home that managed all of their “reviews” in this manner. The owner would have to approve everything that made it to the site. He actually got called out on it a few times.

To this day, I don’t buy into reading reviews on the actual sites. I always go to Amazon or something of that nature to get “true” feedback.

Not surprising at all. They couldn't give two flying ****s that their malfunctioning product left me $2k out of pocket, PLUS the now defunct buggy.

Money-hungry pricks, with no care for their customers.

****s can **** off and die in a fire.

GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Not surprising at all. They couldn't give two flying ****s that their malfunctioning product left me $2k out of pocket, PLUS the now defunct buggy.

Money-hungry pricks, with no care for their customers.

****s can **** off and die in a fire.

That does not surprise me at all. Let me guess; "Remote Malfunctioned"? or it "Tipped over" at the wrong spot.

That does not surprise me at all. Let me guess; "Remote Malfunctioned"? or it "Tipped over" at the wrong spot.
    You could say the remote malfunctioned, yes.

GolfMap

This is my review by the way. Which I will now start posting on "Independent Review" sites;

I have used my Zip Navigator now for just over 2.5 Years (May 2019), 200+ rounds and 2100+ kms. So I have got to know it pretty well. I initially bought it because I was playing multiple courses and end of round fatigue was becoming an issue on some of the tougher walking courses. And the Navigator does help with reducing this fatigue. But I am using it less now because it also has some annoying traits/faults that diminish the experience.
    Firstly, its good points;

- The battery is very good, it charges quickly and would probably last 3 round easily. Though I recharge after each round, as recommended by MGI. The Remote Battery also charges quickly.
    - It is relatively compact, though I still need to take a wheel off to fit it in my boot with my Clubs.
    - It has been reliable.
    - It definitely helps to reduce Fatigue, especially towards the end of a round. Stress, often not so much!

Now my issues;
    - It tips itself over way too easily and too often. IMO the Wheel Base and the Track are too short, and the front wheels are too small and close together to give proper stability. Add to that motors that are too powerful at times and wheels that lose traction too easily and it will kick itself over when it gets off balance. The AT has a better front wheel set up, but those wheels should also be on the Navigator (as they were on the prior Quad model).
    - The Wheels don’t have good traction. Any moisture and they will spin on the slightest inclines, even greened up grass will defeat them at times. When this happens, the brake steering goes awry and the buggy will bog and often turn in the opposite direction to the input. This does not help at all for the above-mentioned stability problem, because wheel spin is quite often the start of instability and a tip over. In addition the Wheels Squeak and Squawk whenever they get wet.
    - The Buggy wheelstands on just about any upslope. It takes only a small change in gradient for the wheelstanding to start, which then causes instability (with the front wheels off the ground). The dolly wheel helps, but it is too short and by the time it catches the flip back it can be too late.
    - I find I cannot trust the Remote. The buggy has taken off so many times without any input, after I thought it had been parked and locked. I have had to pull it out of bunkers too many times. Thankfully, not out of water so far, touch wood! (I know others that have!). I now leave the remote in the cradle after I lock it, as it cannot be trusted on the belt clip, or in a pocket.
    - The Remote Belt Clip has broken 3 times. It happened about ever 6 months. The design has an obvious weak point. It hasn’t broken since I stopped using the belt clip, but then what is its purpose if you can’t trust/use it?
    - The Remote Buttons wear out, which is understandable I guess, but after spending $200 on a new remote, I discovered you could just replace the skin for $15. The skin is now listed on the website, but wasn’t when I needed it.
    - It went through a long period where the buggy would just stop without input. Often just in front of me as I walked behind. It may have been related to the old (original) Remote as it has not done so since I got the new Remote.
    - Despite the Gyro system I find I have to continually correct the direction. It wants to go right all the time. I reset the Gyro system regularly, but that only offers a temporary fix. The Remote left button is the first to wear out for this reason. My new one is already well worn after only a couple of months.
    - The buggy has no suspension and it shakes the bag and clubs quite violently at times. Clubs need to have Headcovers to prevent damage. It has even thrown off Headcover at times, such is the violence of the shaking. The buggy bounces about on anything less than perfectly smooth terrain and it will bounce itself off balance if it hits a small hole, tree root, rock etc.
    - The Scorecard Holder constantly rattles, even when it is empty.
    - The option Seat is another rattler. And balls in the seat pocket end up covered in felt dust, such is the amount of shaking they endure.
    - When I first got the Navigator the battery was a loose fit and it started to wear against the plate it fits too. I ended up packing the wear area with some cloth tape and this has fixed the problem. I gather from other owners this is a common fit problem.
    Last edited by Daves; 27th January 2022 at 01:05 PM.

Almost happened to me a number of times. See my review. My new remote doesn't seem as bad as the original one, but I am not trusting it one iota! I carry my Wallet etc in a Waterproof bag for just this reason!

Last edited by Daves; 27th January 2022 at 12:59 PM.

As a distributor they might palm off all customer service to the resellers, thats very normal.

But then why have a wesite and review systems.

I sent em an email ages ago.... no reply.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Blog Entries

That's not the lake with the croc in it I hope?
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve57 View Post
    That's not the lake with the croc in it I hope?
    No Crocs at Cairns GC, bud.

Had that happened in Port Douglas I wouldn't have been in there.

GolfMap

Blog Entries

No Crocs at Cairns GC, bud.

Had that happened in Port Douglas I wouldn't have been in there.

Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Thread Information