Blog Entries

Default Matchplay Semi-Finals

Hi all

Now we are at Semi Final stage. The semi Finallists are:
    • Jimandr
    • Brad
    • Grunt
    • Andrew
    What do you all think about us organising a dedicated OzGolf Matchplay event for the 4 of us to play our matches?
    I know we are going to Kooyinda Waters in a few weeks but I think we should not play 2 events at once. What do you all think?
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I'm up for a special matchplay round, as long as it's a day I can play.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

What days would that be? Maybe the 4 of us put down a list of available days in July/August. Then we work out where we line up best. Next stage would be to put down the options for courses that day. After all that we get a date and a course. It is now down to us to get the game happening. Sounds easy hey?
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Brad and I are both very limited in our weekday availability, Andrew can't play Sundays and Grant has his golfing life ruled by shiftwork. It won't be easy to get all four of us together.

Brad has already suggested that he and I play a simple matchplay round, without a stableford/stroke/other event in conjunction. I'm happy to go along with this. It can be done within the confines of a competition round as long as the other players in the group know what is going on, and it may be cheaper than playing social green fees.

Brad and I were looking at either the last Friday of July, or sometime in early August. Negotiations are continuing.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Blog Entries

The last Friday in July is good for me. It just might be that the planents are aligned or something for once. Let's see if this can happen.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Blog Entries

Just looking at the open day's for Fridays. How about playing Ryde-Parramatta on the 28th July? I have never played there, how about you guys?
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

That Friday is good for me as well.

Blog Entries

Another Course that may be in the picture is Camden Lakeside. I just saw an ad in The Golfer for golf in July for $58 per person. the offer is available 7 days
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    Another Course that may be in the picture is Camden Lakeside. I just saw an ad in The Golfer for golf in July for $58 per person. the offer is available 7 days

I would prefer Camden Lakeside.

I'm away for the next 10 days (probably not with internet access) as of tomorrow, so I'm happy to play anywhere on that Friday. Just organise it & I'll be there.

Miracle of miracles. Our planets are in total alignment.

Brad is happy with Friday July 28.
    Jimandr is happy with Friday 28
    Grunt is happy with Friday 28
    Andrew is always happy.

Camden Lakeside at less than $60 sounds perfect. Actually, I might jump onto their website, lodge a formal enquiry, and see if they offer a better discount. Or I might get lucky and win a free game.

I suppose we should ask other OzGolfers if they wish to join us. Maybe two groups, with a match in each group and a referee (or two).
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'd like to play as well - happy to referee the Grant v Andrew match

Blog Entries

After looking at Vince's post about Shootoutgolf, I looked at his link only to find that shootout golf are having a day at Camden Lakeside on the 28th july, no tee time is given. Maybe we will have to loook for another course.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Grant if its anything like yesterday it was a 10:30 - 11:00am shotgun tee off. Would probably mean that it blocks out the whole day apart from a 6am tee off.
    Thunderbirds are Go!

my record of shame

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Virgal_Tracy
    Grant if its anything like yesterday it was a 10:30 - 11:00am shotgun tee off. Would probably mean that it blocks out the whole day apart from a 6am tee off.
    Vince, how was the shootout. I got an email offering from them to play the Camden round at member's rate. Is it worth it?

TS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virgal_Tracy
    That is what I thought it would be like, oh well another course to be decided then.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    After looking at Vince's post about Shootoutgolf, I looked at his link only to find that shootout golf are having a day at Camden Lakeside on the 28th july, no tee time is given. Maybe we will have to loook for another course.

I sent Lakeside an enquiry email over the weekend. I was expecting a reply well before now, but have not received one. The Shootout may explain their silence.

Other Options: For a genuine social round concentrating on our matches, plenty of courses should be available, but we'll have to pay their normal green fee price. Bankstown is fairly accessible to each of us. Dare I even suggest Cabramatta?

Quote Originally Posted by TS
    Vince, how was the shootout. I got an email offering from them to play the Camden round at member's rate. Is it worth it?

TS
    Tony,

It was basically a stabby round and then they draw 6 holes at random. The top 8 players with the best score from those selected holes then go into a 3-4 hole playoff with players dropping out on each hole until 2 left for the final.

All ties are settled by a putt off from the furthest part of the green with the closest going through. Some good prizes for those lucky enough to win either overall or the stabby event. The winner on Tuesday one a windbreaker, Hogan CS3 club and 2 tickets to Las Vegas for the world shootout champs. There was also travel bags, stand bags, rescue clubs, balls so not bad in all.

Lunch was also supplied so it made for a good day. You just have to work out if all of that is worthwhile for the extra cost from a normal round.
    Thunderbirds are Go!

my record of shame

I'm happy to play anywhere on that day. Bankstown sounds fine by me.
    Handicap:
    Golflink
    Goals for 2008:
    - actually play golf
    - move in to our new house
    - gain weight (muscle)

Blog Entries

Has Banktown recovered from when there greens died over the summer. I know a lot of temporary greens were in play earlier in the year. 15/18 I think.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

I played Bankstown 3 weeks ago and there was only 1 temp green. Most were in good nick except for 4 where vandals had gotten in and attacked the greens with the rakes.
    Thunderbirds are Go!

my record of shame

I'll ask my mate who is a member of Bankstown what its current condition is like. He's likely to be playing on the weekend, so I'll report back on Monday.

If there are no temporary greens I'll be in it.

If all greens are in, count me in as well!
    Handicap:
    Golflink
    Goals for 2008:
    - actually play golf
    - move in to our new house
    - gain weight (muscle)

Hi guys,

I just flew back in this arvo, so I thought I better ask, "Is anything happening with this day?"

I have another voucher for Camden Lakeside at $50 for 4 golfers with cart on a week day.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Hi guys,

I just flew back in this arvo, so I thought I better ask, "Is anything happening with this day?"

I have another voucher for Camden Lakeside at $50 for 4 golfers with cart on a week day.
    Earlier posts in this thread indicate that Lakeside is out of play on Friday 28th due to a corporate day of sorts.

I can now confirm that all greens at Bankstown are reported to be in play ('the rebuilt 8th is Ok but a bit slow' is the report I've received). So we had almost agreed to play at Bankstown on Friday 28 July.

I can take an RDO and play any day of that week, so I'm not fussed whether it is Bankstown on the 28th, or Camden Lakeside another day that week. I'll leave it to you guys to declare your availability and golfing preferences.

Blog Entries

I am available all that week except Monday.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Thread Information