Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Maybe it's just me. If I am going to US for a golf trip I am going when the weather is premo in Bandon, and I certainly wouldn't change it for a practice round at the masters, though I probably would for an actual round.

Then again the Masters is the one major I would take or leave, so there is that.

Either way, have fun Steve and Nemo.
    I gotta say though Benno, after talking to a mate who went on the Thursday, the day I left Augusta, he said it was virtually impossible to see any of the shots played as the crowds are huge, whereas the Tuesday and Wednesday I was there, I got to see everyone play and even got to speak to Adam Scott and jason Day (pardon the namedrop). Just so much easier.

Anyway, congrats guys on getting pulled out of the ballot, you will absolutely love it......... Just make sure you have a large suitcase and plenty of money to bring all the merchandise home with you.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Vader, your mate is a gibberer, certainly doesn't tally with my trip or a dozen other mates who have been, the tickets to the Masters are limited.

They know punters have paid up so they make it a decent experience from a viewing overdue time and also they don't gouge you on food and drink like most other sporting events.
    Last edited by PerryGroves; 23rd June 2017 at 08:13 AM.

Member Club Champion

It's well known they food and drink is cheap, but what I'm saying is the crowds on Tuesday and Wednesday are far smaller than the ones on tournament days...

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by vader77 View Post
    It's well known they food and drink is cheap, but what I'm saying is the crowds on Tuesday and Wednesday are far smaller than the ones on tournament days...
    I don't want to argue but for punters who are going or thinking of going there needs to be some useful info.

Are there more people on tournament days.........clearly there are.....your man, in your words said "virtually impossible to see shots played as the crowds are huge".

This is not true.

Thread Information