Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Finally getting around to this, first trip post Covid after an ill fated venture down to Melbourne where Dan locked it down on the first day and we bolted for Albury.

Heading down to Narooma on Sunday, going to play there on Monday and Tuesday. Unlike playing at my own course, really looking forward to this. Might even splash a few Gladys vouchers around town.

Blog Entries

Narooma is great fun Mick. Mollymook hilltop course is very good as well.
    Don’t get too wet.
    Gamers
    Ping G430 Max10K 9* Driver with Accra TZ6 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    Tour Edge C721 19* Hybrid with KBS Tour 80 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

Member Club Pro

The holes in the 'forest' at Narooma really surprised me and match whats on the cliffs. Working out how to play around the greens from the Kike to the small greens was tough.

Was sad to see Mandeni Resort close, many fond memories playing through the trees and the giant putting green.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Might be a little moist that way Mick. Narooma clifftop holes drain well, but the back 9 can be a bog.

Bermagui is 100% worth a hit and its only half an hour south. Its a heap better than Moruya GC.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

The Golf Club is ok for a beer, but the best meals and pub tab is down at the Sports Club at the bottom of the hill.

Narooma Sports Club still do courtesy buses around everywhere too.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Member Club Pro

Pub at Bermi is pretty good too, nice spot out on the deck (if its not pissing down).

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Might be a little moist that way Mick. Narooma clifftop holes drain well, but the back 9 can be a bog.
    Anything's gotta be better than watching it rain from my loungeroom, with all races abandoned, could be the worst day ever, haha.

Hoping a bit of sun and wind from tomorrow does the business.

Scratch Bermie GC. The bottom 4 holes are under a foot of water.

Chopperlink

WITB

Blog Entries

Just play the clifftop 9 holes a few times. Watch out for Paul Hogan whilst your there!
    Gamers
    Ping G430 Max10K 9* Driver with Accra TZ6 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    Tour Edge C721 19* Hybrid with KBS Tour 80 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

Just returned from a trip down the south coast.

First stop was the little 9 holer at Braidwood. Up and down a hill, tighter than a nuns, but considering it was minus 3 when I teed off, in really good condition. Smallish but quality greens, I might head back for their open to get beaten up.

Oaks Ranch, Tomakin. Saw it in the golf magazine and thought i would give it a go. 2100m, greens the size of dinner tables. Great to take your uncle who plays once every 5 years, but not a venue for a serious golfer. HOWEVER.... they are about to spend up big to build a high quality 9 holer designed by GNGCD along the Tomakin River. That could be very promising.

Tathra GC. I think there are 12 different holes, but its hard to tell. Immaculate rolling fairways and greens, a real hidden gem. Your first lap is slightly different to your second lap, but both would be fun. Some great views over the river as well.

Tura Beach. The Beast off the Blacks. Slope 144, it was a heavy 10 with preferred lies everywhere. A new tee on the 5th brings a 170m water carry and a bunch of challenges! I enjoy playing there every time, shame there are about 3 or 4 holes which are just a bit meh going up and down the hills.

Eden. Selling land, so have built the worst par 3 I have ever seen. 175m to a raised green, around 2 100ft high gums. The greens were cored the week before so were rubbish, but I would go back and check it out again when they are spot on. Some insane green complexes, but again, a number of holes severely impacted by the months of rain.

Pambula Merimbula. Inoffensive, but completely forgettable. Some nice holes winding through the forest, but there is hardly a moment when you think wow. Suits the older membership with very few water carries or heroics required. The clubhouse has gone belly up, curious if the course can survive in its current format.

Chopperlink

WITB

So, the south of the Clyde Rankings

Narooma GC - Deservedly in the top 100.
    Bermagui GC - some of the best greens and toughest approaches around
    Tura Beach - Feels forced in places, but was worthy of once being top 100
    Pambula Merimbula - inoffensive, scenic through the forest, always in very good condition.
    Eden - up and down the mountain, but some very cool holes and routing, and some extreme greens to add to the interest.
    Tathra - a very good less than 18 hole course
    Catalina - inoffensive retirees/resort course
    Moruya - can't stand it. Blind creeks, stupid lay ups. Might be an acquired taste.
    Oaks Ranch - if everything else is booked out, or you want to introduce your 8 year old or wife to golf.

Not ranked - Tuross Heads, the 9 hole par 3 joint at Tomakin

I am sure Jerry Springer will have different opinions I would be happy to hear.

Chopperlink

WITB

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Played Tathra just prior to the shark munching of longtime local swimmer. Course was a bit of fun. Interested to find out where exactly that new 9 hole track is going.

New 9 holer - at the Oaks ranch lowlands

https://www.google.com/maps/@-35.820.../data=!3m1!1e3

Chopperlink

WITB

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Just returned from a trip down the south coast.

Pambula Merimbula. Inoffensive, but completely forgettable. Some nice holes winding through the forest, but there is hardly a moment when you think wow. Suits the older membership with very few water carries or heroics required. The clubhouse has gone belly up, curious if the course can survive in its current format.
    The clubhouse used to be heaving (albeit 10-15 years ago) But with Merimbula itself having more and better options, including the RSL which was surprisingly good when I was last there its not surprising. Although the Pub in town was pretty ordinary. The course could certainly do with an update to make it a bit more interesting, don't remember many greens that made you think.

Thread Information