Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Default Anyone else using Arccos (Cobra Connect)?

I recently bought a Cobra LTD driver with Cobra Connect. This is a built-in version of the Arccos shot tracking system.I tried it out on the weekend and it worked brilliantly. It got the distances right (albeit shorter than I have convinced myself I hit it) and the analysis afterwards was very cool.So, since I can't think of anything else I need to buy, I've bought the full Arccos 360 system which does shot tracking for all your clubs.I don't know about other courses yet, but I'm a member at Moore Park in Sydney and it came up automatically when I got there and the GPS info was as accurate as anything else I've tried.I'm looking forward to finding out if driving really is the strength of my game like I tell everyone, and if it actually is putting and chipping that prevents me from plunging headlong into low single figures.
    Ping G430 Max
    Ping G410 5 wood
    Ping G425/Mizuno FliHi hybrids
    Cleveland XL Halo driving irons
    PXG 0311P Gen 3 Steelfiber i95 irons
    Cleveland CBX Zipcore
    Odyssey Rossie OG

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

I used the game golf app for a while.

Positives: shows where your strengts and weaknesses are. Cool to see good rounds of golf.

Negatives : doesn't factor wind, escape shots or 3/4 shots so distances are never 100% correct for full swing. It sucks when you are hitting it crap and all your distances and stats go out the window.

I dont use any more but each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    I used the game golf app for a while.Positives: shows where your strengts and weaknesses are. Cool to see good rounds of golf.Negatives : doesn't factor wind, escape shots or 3/4 shots so distances are never 100% correct for full swing. It sucks when you are hitting it crap and all your distances and stats go out the window.I dont use any more but each to their own
    With the driver wind cancelled itself out. Shots into the wind were shorter. Downwind longer. I'll see about the other clubs on Sunday.
    Ping G430 Max
    Ping G410 5 wood
    Cleveland CBX Zipcore
    Odyssey Rossie OG

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Where did you buy from?
    I've struggled to find a list of courses anywhere
    WITB:
    913D2 Diamana D+ 72g X
    Cobra F6 3/4 Fairway
    Adams DHY Pro 18deg
    Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-GW, KBS Tour 120 S
    Mizuno T7 55deg KBS Tour 120 S
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 60deg
    Odyssey Tank Versa, 2-ball. 40inch
    http://www.golflink.com.au/handicap-..._No=4091301469

I got it from the Apple Store. Just a quick check showed pretty much all the courses around me - Moore Park, The Lakes, The Coast, Bonnie Doon, Eastlakes etc etc.
    Ping G430 Max
    Ping G410 5 wood
    Cleveland CBX Zipcore
    Odyssey Rossie OG

Sorry to bump my own thread, but I've done half a dozen rounds with Arccos and I am very impressed.

From a technical sense, it works exactly as advertised. The only missed shots I've had have been caused by the re-routing of my home course. Distances match course markers, rangefinders and other GPS.

What's fascinating is the data. It is kind of depressing that I don't hit the ball as long as I thought or as long as launch monitors would have me believe.

But seeing where my misses really are has been eye-opening.

I always knew putting was a weakness. But I didn't realise how bad it is. Arccos gives a handicap for each part of your game. My driving one is 4, my approaches is 8, my putting is 23. I'm going to get putting lessons.

I thought my miss was a pull left. In fact, I miss right more than left. But both are dwarfed by the shots I leave short. I've been taking an extra club with very good results.

I now know I hit my hybrid longer than my 5 iron, but average longer with the 5 iron. And there's a similar situation with the 6 and 7 iron.

If you're a data geek, the app and website are heaven.
    Ping G430 Max
    Ping G410 5 wood
    Cleveland CBX Zipcore
    Odyssey Rossie OG

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I am some 30 rounds in using game golf and as you mentioned above I also was coming up short on approach shots a lot and have been taking extra club. It would be good if there were more ways to analyze the data such as all shots on individual holes.

Member Teaching Pro

I was the same, thought I hit a 7 iron 150 metres, GG showed me I averaged 143. I bought some Callaway clubs with jacked up lofts, problem solved lol. I'm like Matty, I learnt from Game golf then put it back in the box, they don't sit in mid sized pure grips very well either.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Gammon View Post
    I was the same, thought I hit a 7 iron 150 metres, GG showed me I averaged 143. I bought some Callaway clubs with jacked up lofts, problem solved lol. I'm like Matty, I learnt from Game golf then put it back in the box, they don't sit in mid sized pure grips very well either.
    Sell it then....

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

EDIT: Nevermind, read how it works
    Last edited by Wenz; 30th June 2017 at 01:44 PM.

With the Arccos system do you need to tap the butt of the club? I had game golf and found that i forgot to tap and then i had to add shots in later etc. I have been tossing up the idea of getting the arccos system to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by sfdoddsy View Post
    Sorry to bump my own thread, but I've done half a dozen rounds with Arccos and I am very impressed.

From a technical sense, it works exactly as advertised. The only missed shots I've had have been caused by the re-routing of my home course. Distances match course markers, rangefinders and other GPS.

What's fascinating is the data. It is kind of depressing that I don't hit the ball as long as I thought or as long as launch monitors would have me believe.

But seeing where my misses really are has been eye-opening.

I always knew putting was a weakness. But I didn't realise how bad it is. Arccos gives a handicap for each part of your game. My driving one is 4, my approaches is 8, my putting is 23. I'm going to get putting lessons.

I thought my miss was a pull left. In fact, I miss right more than left. But both are dwarfed by the shots I leave short. I've been taking an extra club with very good results.

I now know I hit my hybrid longer than my 5 iron, but average longer with the 5 iron. And there's a similar situation with the 6 and 7 iron.

If you're a data geek, the app and website are heaven.
    WITB:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-6 with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Mizuno MP20 Blade 7-P with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Vokey SM7 50/08, 54/10, 60/08. 50deg in DG X100, 54deg & 60deg in S300.
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist ProV1

Nope, it does it automatically. You do need to carry your phone in your front pocket though.
    Ping G430 Max
    Ping G410 5 wood
    Cleveland CBX Zipcore
    Odyssey Rossie OG

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by sfdoddsy View Post
    Nope, it does it automatically. You do need to carry your phone in your front pocket though.
    Hmmmm that could be my only opposition to it, not really a fan of playing with a phone in my pocket. Feels weird haha.
    WITB:
    Titleist ProV1

Fortunately I have an iPhone SE so it is small. It doesn't really bother me having it in my front pocket, but I think it would with one of the bigger models.

From reports I've heard, Arccos doesn't play well with Android, although this may have changed.

I'm pretty sure (i.e. virtually certain) I wouldn't remember to tap each time as one must with the other systems.

One other annoying thing with Arccos is that it only (as far as I can find) scores stroke.

Most member comps are stableford or par, and if you have crap hole and pick up you have go back and sort things out manually.
    Last edited by sfdoddsy; 21st July 2017 at 07:25 PM.
    Ping G430 Max
    Ping G410 5 wood
    Cleveland CBX Zipcore
    Odyssey Rossie OG

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

It's not that big a chore to add shots post round if you forget to tap and with gamegolf it can automatically detect a tee shot. I have captured 40+ rounds so far my only real gripe is the limited ways you can analyze the rounds but things are slowly improving.

Quote Originally Posted by oncewasagolfer View Post
    It's not that big a chore to add shots post round if you forget to tap and with gamegolf it can automatically detect a tee shot. I have captured 40+ rounds so far my only real gripe is the limited ways you can analyze the rounds but things are slowly improving.
    Yeah I had game golf for a while, just found the tapping part a little annoying. The stats weren't too bad, but I found it hard to want to wear the sensor and have to tap for every shot. I liked the Arccos idea to save the tap, i wonder if the phone in the back pocket would work? I could handle that. But i'm really just looking for something else to buy haha, can do my own stats if i want them that badly!
    WITB:
    Titleist ProV1

I have it on my F7 driver and works great. Slight annoyances is that I have a big ass iPhone 7+ and the battery seems to have died quicker a fair bit more post round.

Has anyone used Arccos with Android?
    I've read throwaway comments that it's not as user friendly as the iPhone app. Would like to hear a more trustworthy opinion
    WITB:
    913D2 Diamana D+ 72g X
    Cobra F6 3/4 Fairway
    Adams DHY Pro 18deg
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 60deg

Golfbox has game golf for $199 (or $169 with the discount code). I just bought it today because I think I'd find tapping the sensor less annoying than carrying my phone in my front pocket. Not to mention that's about half the price of arccos.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Golfbox has game golf for $199 (or $169 with the discount code). I just bought it today because I think I'd find tapping the sensor less annoying than carrying my phone in my front pocket. Not to mention that's about half the price of arccos.
    I was looking at this deal as well until I played on the weekend and thought do I really want to track from tree line to tree line to water.

Digging up an old thread... I finally bought Arccos 360 from golfbox after a year of tossing it up. Big investment, but a little easier to hide from the family auditor.

After two rounds I am pretty impressed. I messaged before buying to check my country course was mapped, they did it then I believe.
    First round had a lot of my LW chips missed, which was very annoying. Within two hours of finishing I had an email saying the server picked up those many added strokes, and gave tips to ensure sensor is working before potentially getting a replacement. I was stunned with the service, albeit from an automatically generated email.
    Second round was much better, the only missed (non-putter) shot was a 7i pitch out that I duffed and barely hit the ball.
    Putting recognition could be much better.

The wind "plays like" rangefinder function is great, albeit must be turned off in competition.

Excited to use the caddy function once I have enough data.
    WITB:
    913D2 Diamana D+ 72g X
    Cobra F6 3/4 Fairway
    Adams DHY Pro 18deg
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 60deg

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

If anyone is interested in trying Arccos for their round analysis, and happen to have a recent Ping club, you can get the 14 sensors for free, and a 45 day free trial of the app, due to a Ping customer appreciation promotion. Seems too good to be true considering the cost of the sensors.
    Arccos-PING Customer Appreciation Program (arccosgolf.com)

I am already on Arccos, but my Ping G400 was eligible, so I just signed up with different details, so I can get a bunch of spare sensors, and I'll cancel the app membership before I get charged.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    If anyone is interested in trying Arccos for their round analysis, and happen to have a recent Ping club, you can get the 14 sensors for free, and a 45 day free trial of the app, due to a Ping customer appreciation promotion. Seems too good to be true considering the cost of the sensors.Arccos-PING Customer Appreciation Program (arccosgolf.com)I am already on Arccos, but my Ping G400 was eligible, so I just signed up with different details, so I can get a bunch of spare sensors, and I'll cancel the app membership before I get charged.
    Great stuff Andy. I’d ignored that email but just went back to it and signed up again with a different email. Surprised the serial number on my G425 worked again as it came with a sensor and I used it originally to get the full set for $25 at the time. Cheap way to get a full set of backup sensors.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Not having a sensor is a PITA if it is a club that you are using is unpaired. I've been manually marking my three wood shots as a 58* wedge, so I can come back and edit it later.

Thread Information