Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

I finally got around to using the Protour Blue on the weekend. Nice ball, really liked the feel, but it could do some more spin with the shorter clubs, however I was able to check on up from out of a bunker.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Send Boz an email Larry, and tell him what you are looking for.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Pro tour red has the spin you need

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    I'm up for some new balls - which of the new vision balls would suit me? I just want something that resists the urge to move sideways in the air on full shots, and I don't really care about greenside spin because I can't chip anyway. My last lot of balls was a box of the old UV yellow 808s and they seemed to go OK, but if I'm honest I really can't tell the difference between one ball and the next. I'll probably just email Boz and buy whatever he tells me to, but I thought I should go in with some idea first.

I'm a big fan of the yellow colour though - if you hit the ball where I hit it, you really appreciate being able to spot it easily.
    Prosoft

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    Pro tour red has the spin you need
    None at all?

Spins very well

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    None at all?
    That's pretty much the result with any ball from me, unless you count side-spin. I've never been able to get a chip to stop at the best of times, with any ball. I'm flat out trying to hit the ball with a wedge these days, so getting it in the air is a pleasant surprise and whatever happens after it lands is OK with me.

We can't all be flushers with awesome short games like you blokes.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Spins very well
    Not fan of the feel of the red. I think it has something to do with the high compression of the core. The blue has a lower compression core but harder cover. I think Benno_r said before that a ball with the blue core and the red cover could be good to try

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    That's pretty much the result with any ball from me, unless you count side-spin. I've never been able to get a chip to stop at the best of times, with any ball. I'm flat out trying to hit the ball with a wedge these days, so getting it in the air is a pleasant surprise and whatever happens after it lands is OK with me.

We can't all be flushers with awesome short games like you blokes.
    I'm with you.

Spins very well
    Because thats what he said he's looking for? Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Because thats what he said he's looking for? Gotcha
    I don't like the feel of the red.
    Last edited by mrbluu; 23rd August 2017 at 12:10 AM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Just received some of the new models. Looking forward to giving them a burl.
    Last edited by TheTrueReview; 24th August 2017 at 03:54 PM.

What new models can we look forward too?

Quote Originally Posted by Double hoops View Post
    What new models can we look forward too?
    I'm talking about the current ones. My previous experience with a Vision ball relates to 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueReview View Post
    I'm talking about the current ones. My previous experience with a Vision ball relates to 2014.
    Very very different balls from those ones. Love the Red and the Blue. Combine the 2 and it will be a freaking incredible ball

I've pulled out the white 808 prosoft today. It's hard off a slow swing speed. Pick the pace up and you feel the softness. I loved it. Not sure why, but the white just seems way nicer then a gel skin yellow. It just feels softer.

Quote Originally Posted by RobNewy View Post
    Very very different balls from those ones. Love the Red and the Blue. Combine the 2 and it will be a freaking incredible ball
    Looking forward to trying them. Both are going into my bag for this weekend.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

I wrote this review back in May for the Vision golf balls. For what it's worth I currently play Chromesoft Yellows and before that the Prov1's mentioned in the review.

I also think Boz is an absolute legend and a credit to our industry in Aus. One of the good guys.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review after todays session at Yarrambat, and some interesting side notes. All 4 of us played with Vision balls today for the first time.

I'll throw out there that I had absolutely no idea what any of these balls are designed to do because I did little to no research before playing them today, and specifically avoided understanding the balls before we went out and played, because I wanted to judge them entirely on what I saw, rather than what they were "supposed" to do.

I'll also add in there that my mates are only once a month golfers who don't practice, and are out there to enjoy the occasional good shot each round.

I donated a flouro yellow one to the guy that prefers to play yellow stuff. Usually around the 110 mark every round. He noted that he was overly impressed with how far away he could see his ball. He lost 1 ball to the water on the 16th hole, but other than that was able to find everything he hit into the rough from miles away. He normally loses 3-4 balls a round to the rough. He drove the best I've ever seen him drive the ball, and his usual blow out slices were reduced significantly. A little hard to judge how the ball performed around the green because his contact is not really the best, but even for what seemed to be low side spin off the tee, he didn't have anything that released any more than usual in his approach shots. Today he shot 98, which is his equal to his lowest round ever.

I donated a blue one to a guy that plays whatever the high performance Bridgestone (b3something?) balls are every round, even though he struggles to normally break 100. He struggles with too much side spin and backspin off the tees normally, and his usual flight is very high weak fade/slices. Usually he falls easily into the trap of 1 bad shot affects the next 3 or 4 holes. The blue ball offered him much better distance than he usually hits, because it seemed to control the height well, and on the back 9 today he played better than I've ever seen him play. 2 over on 8 out of the last 9 holes. He made the mistake of checking his score before the last hole and got the shakes and double bogeyed the last hole. He shot 91 today, and is the lowest round he has ever shot. He had more confidence off the tee than I've ever seen him have, which I conservatively contribute to the low side spin offered by the blue ball. After the round, he explained to me that was his first ever round where he finished with the ball he started with. He was impressed with the fact that even after 18 holes, the ball almost looked brand new with the cover holding up much better than his Bridgestones normally do. Nothing blew out way right with the driver like it normally does. Interestingly enough he used one of those tees with the pitch tool built into it that Boz sent me. He LOVED that tee and the height it sat at off the teebox.

I donated a red one to a guy that usually scores 95-105ish, who usually plays with ProV1. Before I started playing with this group, he was the better out of the bunch. He made the comments that the red felt very solid off the club face, but still felt soft compared to his prov's. He actually much preferred the feeling of the red over the ProV1's on this cold Autumn day in Melbourne. He also lost his ball on the 16th to the backside of the water, but spent more time looking for it than I've ever seen. even after the hole he went back to look for it again. It was almost heartbreaking for him to lose the ball because he loved it so much. The ball gave him similar distance off the tee as his ProV1's, probably a little less driver spin, but hard to tell because it was a little windy today. His ball had notable performance around the greens. Stopping very quickly with very little release on his approaches. His putts were falling a little short today compared to usual, with notably less speed off the putter face than a prov1. He shot his best round ever, finishing with 90 today and has asked me to order him a dozen reds after the round.

I played a Blue today, and I normally play ProV1's too. I was a little scared playing the blue, as the cover felt hard and I feared that I wasn't going to have the control around the greens that I normally have. It reminds me of the Nike Mojo cover, but a softer (i assume) core. Spin was lower with the pitches and chips, releasing more than a ProV1 for me. I made a small adjustment to the chipping and pitching targets allowing the ball to release to the hole, rather than just biting. The blue loved being pitched high though, and full wedge shots were stopping quickly enough, it will be interesting to test this kind of ball on a hot summers day with some fast greens and if it will still have enough stopping power but for conditions like today, this kind of performance was fine.

Off the putter, the ball definitely has a clicky feeling, but didn't feel hard at all. The markings on the ball all showed up better than a ProV1 typically would on a day like today, because the mud cleaned off without any noticable discolouration over the round. The ball stayed much brighter throughout the day than I've ever seen any other ball do

Off the tee, I was able to work little fades and baby draws off the tee with control, and was able to hit it high and low with and against the wind as required for the hole. The ball had an excellent feel being hit, penetrating ball flight and the wind felt less significant than a ProV1. It just felt straight, long, penetrating and in control the entire day.

Overall, the balls performed well for everyone and held up remarkably well all day. They stayed bright and clean throughout the round, and seem excellent value for money.

Ok so last night I was lurking around the forum and I stumbled on this page. I am looking to purchase some new balls and you guys made these interesting balls sound even more interesting. I sent Boz an email at around midnight (SA time) and to my surprise he responded back almost straight away! A few more emails this morning and now I have some new Vision balls headed my way (I purchased them). I must say, even if the balls turn out to be not to my liking, the customer service and response time was just incredible and Boz is a credit to his company!

Can't wait to test these balls out!

i have just ordered a trial pack of the Red Protour X via ebay didn't take long for Wayne to contact me on what i am currently gaming/looking for and said that he added a couple of extras to try. Very impressed with customer service!

Minor gravedig, but Matt 3 Jab gave me a ball to try on the Sunday of the champs (thanks mate!) and it went very well. It was the ProTour X Red, and I even managed to keep it in play for long enough around Brookwater for me to actually test it properly!

I think I'll be slinging Boz an email soon and see if I can grab a few.

Glad it went well mate

Also I should note anyone using the blue or green visions, my pro shop is selling them for $10 for 5 balls.

Happy to buy some for anyone and post them so I can use my proshop credit and get cash

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

I'll stock up on some blues. Anyone else in QLD want some?

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Anyone else chasing vision blue or green? Happy to buy some with pro shop credit again. Believe they are still $2 a ball

Thread Information