Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Ok so yet to post in this thread but have now used Red, Green then Blue each for a round.

Red- great ball with good spin. Very straight in the air but maybe 5m shorter than my usual ZStar XVs.

Green- least favourite of the 3 and whilst possibly the least spin with this had the most sideways movement in the air.

Blue- possibly because I played well with it today it is now my favourite but first impressions I was not a fan of the pearly finish. However after using it today it is just as straight as the red but definitely slightly longer.

I will be using the Blue over the coming weeks but it definitely looks like a keeper. (Not sure if it is the case but we lost 4 balls in our group to crows but one walked up to my Vision Blue and left it alone? Maybe they don't like the pearly?)

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
    Ok so yet to post in this thread but have now used Red, Green then Blue each for a round.

Red- great ball with good spin. Very straight in the air but maybe 5m shorter than my usual ZStar XVs.

Green- least favourite of the 3 and whilst possibly the least spin with this had the most sideways movement in the air.

Blue- possibly because I played well with it today it is now my favourite but first impressions I was not a fan of the pearly finish. However after using it today it is just as straight as the red but definitely slightly longer.

I will be using the Blue over the coming weeks but it definitely looks like a keeper. (Not sure if it is the case but we lost 4 balls in our group to crows but one walked up to my Vision Blue and left it alone? Maybe they don't like the pearly?)
    Some interesting observations there. I have used the red and the blue for a round, and have similar feedback:

Red - Felt firm, especially with woods. Lots of spin, but I also found it short. Great action around the green. Very durable - bounced it off a few trees and was holding up well.

Blue - Longer than the red, great feel (softer), but much less action around the green. Chewed up more than the red. Can also confirm it doesn't float.

I think if I could get the green side spin of the red, with the feel and long game performance of the blue, I'd be a convert.

Not sure if the "yellow" blue is similar, but will be using tomorrow to find out.

Senior Member Major Winner

Ok, quick update today.

Took the green out for a putt for a day. Felt/sounded firmer like the red. Decided to use the yellow blue, as it felt way better.

Yellow blue performs just like the white version. This is the first yellow vision ball I have used that has felt awesome. Played a few more irons into greens today. Actually had a 6in suck back on 7, and the pitchmarks on 2 and 8 (8i) were within 6in of the ball. I think these have sufficient iron spin for my game. Once again not a huge amount of grab with chips, though I got a little fizz on 18. I still wish I got bite like the red on these shots.

Durability on the yellow was fine. No major scuffs or damage. The yellow is definitely the best yellow colouring around, my 2 elder playing partners were very impressed with visibility.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasterb View Post
    How does one go about getting a couple of Visions balls to demo if he was keen please guys?
    Wouldn't you just buy some???

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    Wouldn't you just buy some???
    If they were sold anywhere near I live then YES I would and I wouldn't have bothered to ask the question would I oldracer
    "SHANKS FOR THE MEMORIES"

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasterb View Post
    If they were sold anywhere near I live then YES I would and I wouldn't have bothered to ask the question would I oldracer
    Online only. Have you emailed Boz?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Member Teaching Pro

Played with the Vision blue yesterday and really liked it. Never seen them before the NSW champs. The crows don't seem to like the pearly finish which is also a bonus. I'll try the Red sleeve next week. What do they cost?

Banned

Used the red at Mt Broughton and felt OK and good spin. Wouldn't go anywhere though, very short for me. Back to the B330's and Pro v1x's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Used the red at Mt Broughton and felt OK and good spin. Wouldn't go anywhere though, very short for me. Back to the B330's and Pro v1x's.
    The red doesn't seem to like the cold. I have now started two rounds with the red balls, and lost a heap of distance across all clubs. Both times I swapped after 9 holes and was back to normal distance off the tee and on approach.

My short hitting playing partner loved his green ones, and didn't notice any difference with the red either.

Blue ones this weekend - or give the yellow ones a go if I want to take on the crows.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Member Teaching Pro

Interesting. I might take a red and a blue out on Friday, play two balls and compare back to back and see how sensitive I am. I'm very late to the Vision ball party. I have to do the same with the new Pro v's and see if the X version is still my preference. I often use the same ball for a few rounds then lose 4 in one round. I like to have a cheaper ball in the bag for when my ability completely vanishes, makes it easier to laugh at myself.
    I think I have scar tissue from playing golf when I went back to Uni and a Titleist ball was like gold. When cash flow was low I was more concerned with not losing the ball than my score lol.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Ive lost a bit of distance of late. Not 100% if its the red ball or not. Its not hurting my scores, but im taking a lot more club. Im havibg my lofts checked as i think they run off a 48 degree wedge.

Would be good to see numbers on a LM

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Probably the shafts, you should go to Cool Clubs and get them changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    Ive lost a bit of distance of late. Not 100% if its the red ball or not. Its not hurting my scores, but im taking a lot more club. Im having my lofts checked as i think they run off a 48 degree wedge.

Canberra winter always sees me take an extra club, and occasionally 2. I am finding I am hitting a lot of 8 irons in rather than normal wedges - which makes sense if I lose 10m on the drive and 5-8m on the approach.

Chopperlink

WITB

Member Teaching Pro

If I lived in Canberra I'd play snooker or darts and sell my clubs 😉

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Gammon View Post
    Interesting. I might take a red and a blue out on Friday, play two balls and compare back to back and see how sensitive I am. I'm very late to the Vision ball party. I have to do the same with the new Pro v's and see if the X version is still my preference. I often use the same ball for a few rounds then lose 4 in one round. I like to have a cheaper ball in the bag for when my ability completely vanishes, makes it easier to laugh at myself.I think I have scar tissue from playing golf when I went back to Uni and a Titleist ball was like gold. When cash flow was low I was more concerned with not losing the ball than my score lol.
    Come and take the 2 sleeves I have, I'm semi retired from golf!

Quote Originally Posted by Gammon View Post
    If I lived in Canberra I'd play snooker or darts and sell my clubs 
    You couldn't survive in Canberra. You would have fished Tinder out too quickly!

Chopperlink

WITB

Member Teaching Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Come and take the 2 sleeves I have, I'm semi retired from golf!
    Sounds good but I'm not having this semi retired business.

Member Teaching Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    You couldn't survive in Canberra. You would have fished Tinder out too quickly!
    I wouldn't dare. Already been questioned by federal police about a missing girl (last seen with me), was about 15 years ago but not swimming in that shallow pool again lol.

Lol....🤣

Member Teaching Pro

Ive lost a bit of distance of late. Not 100% if its the red ball or not. Its not hurting my scores, but im taking a lot more club. Im havibg my lofts checked as i think they run off a 48 degree wedge.

It's the red ball, played with it today, ended up taking an extra club on many holes. Also spun a wedge back into a water hazard. I'll stick to the blue ones.

I enjoy the feel and durability of it. Might be a summer ball

I cant fault the durability of any of them - the look new after 18 holes of my cart path tree thimping waywardness.

Chopperlink

WITB

Great product and all feedback can only help the balls get better and better!

Member Teaching Pro

Great product and all feedback can only help the balls get better and better!
    I like the blue and hate the red. What other flavours do they come in?

White!

Thread Information