Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Default Nowra GC vs Worrigee Links

Going away with the family for Easter down Nowra way, and could possibly sneak a game in. Had anyone here played either or both?? Which would be the pick a date why?

Thanks

Mrbluu

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Played Nowra once and it's a cookie-cutter country track. I wouldn't waste the boot space (and brownie points) packing clubs to play there.

About 20 mins north-west is Kangaroo Valley. The elevation changes are spectacular and an opportunity to get some incredible hang-time. Cart is recommended, but there may be a few choppers on the course over the public holiday.

30 mins south is Mollymook Hilltop, if you want something more Cabra quality.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Play mollymook, it's a gem.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Nowra is crap. The highlight is hitting from a cave. Off an artificial tee covered in pebbles. Worrigee is short not that flash.

Kangaroo Valley is a cracker, Mollymook is magic.

Two others that I haven't played but would be interested in would be Gerringong and The Heads at Shoalhaven Heads - both about 20-30ish minutes from Nowra

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Gerringong is pretty interesting, reminds me of the coast. It is very up and down though, and you see the ocean from most holes.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Gerringong has some great holes. Very up and down in spots. Kinda Hudson Park meets St Micks.

Banned

Not that I've played it but have heard that Mollymook Hilltop is the shit.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Yeah Hilltop definitely the pick down that way. Just note its prob closer to an hour from Nowra then 30mins though.

Gerringong is a great fun course. Very open and awesome views from every hole. 30mins North from Nowra.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by wazandnic View Post
    Yeah Hilltop definitely the pick down that way. Just note its prob closer to an hour from Nowra then 30mins though.
    Fair call - at Easter and with traffic, probably close to an hour. Can take 20-30 minutes to get through Milton if you get unlucky

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Oh yeah and not that I've played it but I hear good things about Shoalhaven Heads also. Sandy coastal base and bush with big greens. Not too far from Nowra.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Sorry but I like Nowra as a "fun" course, some interesting holes. But Shoalhaven is the pick unless you want to travel to Hilltop but make sure you go when there is some run, tough course and tougher without any roll on the fairways.... played there 2 weeks ago.
    Ping G430 10K 10.5* Ping Tour 65S Shaft
    Royal Collection 18* 5 Wood
    Ping G425 3/4 Hybrid Stock Regular
    Cobra MIM King 4-GW PX LZ 5.5
    Ping Glide 3.0 56/60
    Scotty Newport

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Used to live in Nowra 10 years ago. Never thought much of the Nowra golf course. But if you take a drive out to Shoalhaven, that was a nice course to play and a lot of fun. Granted, I haven't played there in many years, we left Nowra in mid-2009. So the last time I played Shoalhaven Heads was when it wasn't quite an 18 holes course and you had to loop back around and use different tee off markers and play the front 6 holes again to make 18. But really liked playing there back then. The greens were always in really nice condition. You could also drop into Coolangatta winery on the way out - nice wines and a nice restaurant there and also a 9 hole course - nothing special - all short par 3's and 4's. But my 2 sons - back then aged 6 and 11 would be able to play the course and it was just a good size for them to learn the game.

Thanks for the responses guys, but has anyone played Worrigee???

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Bluu,

Worrigee is a flat short wide open bomb fest which can be really effected by the wind and flies as its surrounded by farm land. Its a fun little track with nice accommodation if your thinking of an overnight trip.
    Nowra is all ways in great condition as all the watering comes fro the river. Its short and as others have said there is a bout 5 tees where you will tee of a mat. Two of there are par 3s Nowra is also quite tight so great if you want to practice your long irons of the tee.

Hilltop at Mollymook would be the pick but it adds another 30 minutes to your trip.

If you haven't played Kangaroo Valley head out that way. its a good track and there are things the family can do in the main street that will cover a few hours.

Gerringong is all so a fun little track, nearly everything is played off an uneven lie and the greens are small, but as you may have seen its got its only little beach at the bottom of the course but it blows a gale from 10am onwards, but worth a trip.

Hit me up and I might come down for a hit with you I can pick that putter up from you as well.

Cheers

Tractor Boys

Thanks mate, worrigee might the go. I'm staying with friends at Culburra and worrigee is only 15mins away.

Thread Information