Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Default PnP Putter - Anyone using one?

I've been hearing some great reports about the PnP SX1 putter.

Granted it isn't the most eye-candy styled putter. But it seems that those who have them, after being custom fit for the putter, are swearing by them that they are the best better they have ever had. At less than $200 - way cheaper than the over inflated prices of other brands who charge huge amounts because of their name.

Just wondering if anyone here on the forum has one and what their thoughts are.

A friend in Canberra who plays a lot of golf said that a few of the members at his club have them and one member let him try their SX1 putter. He thought that it was amazingly easy to aim and distance control was spot on.

He then went out to PnP Golf in Canberra and was fitted for one and tried it out and he said results were even better once he was properly fitted for putter shaft length and with the three adjustable weights in the head. Thought that it performed way better than any of the Scotty Cameron, Yes, Odyssey and other brand putters he has owned.

Apparently Callaway have tried to buy the company out, but the owner won't sell. Which, if the putter is that good, I'm glad the owner won't sell out. Callaway (as would any other big OEM) would just reproduce the same putter and then double the price on the consumer.

Senior Member Major Winner

Nice ad
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Why would Callaway buy this mob and reproduce a worse looking version of a putter they already make?

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Why would Callaway buy this mob and reproduce a worse looking version of a putter they already make?
    don't know. It's just what I had heard/been told by a few people that I know in Canberra.

I just wanted to know if anyone here was using one and what their thoughts were. I was thinking of buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlover View Post
    Nice ad
    not sure what you mean by this?

I just wanted to know what other people thought of the putter if they are using one.

On their website, one person stated that they had lost sight in their right eye and it has affected their golf and putting. They said that this putter has helped their aiming. I have suffered the same issue and my handicap has blown out badly over the last 18 months and have problem lining up putts now as well as depth of perception at times. whilst I am not blind in the right eye, i have vision issues, so was looking at a possible purchase of this putter.

Never herd of the Putters before so went and had a look at the site.
    They also make the Rake Wedges which I have herd of but never bothered to ever look at.

With what they wrote re: the site line and thinking of how I putt. Its exactly what I do with the site lines on my SeeMore Si3 but I've never thought about it in that context. I use them to point on the line where I want to start rolling the ball.
    If they make one with dual/parallel sight lines I could be swayed to give one a go. From my own experience dual lines make it heaps easier to point more accurately than one (this may be just my vision perception thou and not for all)
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

We have a couple of blokes at Gungahlin who have them and love them. One plays with Monsta regularly, and he has gone from an awful putter to one who can have very hot days.

They don't suit my eye, but for those who have spent the $200, they reckon its made a significant difference.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

I have one which I bought off their website at the start of January. Wasn't fitted as such except for using the size guide on the website.

Really liking it so far. I've noticed an improvement in distance control and I'm nailing more putts (or I should say, less 3 putts!).

Not sure if I'm the best reviewer - I've only been at it for nearly 2 years but am liking the simplified approach (in theory!)

Blog Entries

Looks like a copy of the first(?) Nike putter.

Or an Odyssey Dart.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

I've got one. Out of rotation at the moment as I'm using a TM Daddy long legs. I actually think I putt better with the PnP but I'm giving the TM a chance to prove me wrong. Nothing wrong with the PnP putters.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

i have the PnP sand wedge which I like. they were designed by an Australian Pro on the Gold Coast.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

After reading the initial post, you've touched on the most important thing - get custom fit for a putter.

My putting improved dramatically once I learned that I was a face balanced guy.

Quote Originally Posted by YonexMan View Post
    don't know. It's just what I had heard/been told by a few people that I know in Canberra.

I just wanted to know if anyone here was using one and what their thoughts were. I was thinking of buying one.
    I have one. It is very good. Story similar to one above. I borrowed one, then bought one.

Thread Information