Hi OZgolf

You may have noticed the ads popping up on the forum since earlier this year. Previously, they were only displaying to people who weren't signed in to the forum, but I have had to change that.

In the last few years, the forum was receiving enough money to pay the bills plus donations for prizes and charity, mostly because of payments from Viglink, who provide the little embedded links in posts. However, the main advertiser on this forum through Viglink, eBay, removed approval for some reason, and the money stopped coming in. Unfortunately, I didn't pick up on this for a few months, and the money that came from the Google banner ads to unregistered members wasn't enough to cover costs, so I had to pay the bills for a couple of months.

I first introduced the top banner, which has had good results (and no complaints), and I am now experimenting advertising at the bottom of the page. Tapatalk was already paying a piddling amount for the shitty ads that it shows, but I have temporarily changed that to Google Ads to see how it goes. They still seem irrelevant so far, and may not get anything more than the Tapatalk ads, but I'll assess after a bit longer.

It would be appreciated, if you added an exception to your ad blocker for this forum, as the money earned goes back into the forum (or charity). We don't want to go back to relying on member donations, or having specific advertisers on this forum.

Also please let me know if they are causing any problems, such as the size on certain devices, as I am able to adjust settings. Note that the content of these ads is based on your browsing history, and are not selected by the forum.

Thanks
Andy